Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:24:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Story of the Champions of the Round Table

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Story of the Champions of the Round Table  (Read 4142 times)
Karyn Rew

« Reply #330 on: December 08, 2009, 12:36:46 am »

before him and he said: "Lord, if so be that is the case, then that which I ask of thee is this: that thou wilt forgive me and bring me back into thy favor again."

At that King Meliadus was filled with a great wonder, and he said: "Fair youth, who art thou, and what have I to forgive thee?" "Lord," said
King Meliadus is reconciled to Tristram.
Tristram, "I am thy son, and ask thee to forgive me that I should have saved the life of that lady who is thy Queen."

At this King Meliadus cried out with joy, and he came down from where he sat and he took Tristram into his arms and kissed him upon the face, and Tristram wept and kissed his father upon the face.

So they were reconciled.
Report Spam   Logged
Karyn Rew

« Reply #331 on: December 08, 2009, 12:37:06 am »

After that, Tristram abode in peace in Lyonesse for some while, and during that time he made peace betwixt King Meliadus and Queen Moeya, and the Queen loved him because he was so good to her.

Now after the return of Tristram as aforesaid, King Meliadus would have made him a knight, but Tristram would not suffer the honor of
Tristram refuses knighthood.
knighthood to be bestowed upon him at that time, but always said: "Lord, think not ill of me if I do not accept knighthood at this time. For I would fain wait until the chance for some large adventure cometh; then I would be made a knight for to meet that adventure, so that I might immediately win renown. For what credit could there be to our house if I should be made knight, only that I might sit in hall and feast and drink and make merry?"
Report Spam   Logged
Karyn Rew

« Reply #332 on: December 08, 2009, 12:37:24 am »

So spoke Sir Tristram, and his words sounded well to King Meliadus, wherefore from thenceforth King Meliadus refrained from urging knighthood upon him.

Now the way that Sir Tristram achieved knighthood shall be told in that' which followeth, and also it shall then be told how he fought his first battle, which was one of the most famous that ever he fought in all of his life.

http://sacred-texts.com/neu/eng/crt/crt16.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: