Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 05:21:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis and the "red race"

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis and the "red race"  (Read 2365 times)
Atlana7

Atlana7

« on: November 29, 2009, 01:17:13 am »

I fear this may not be PC, but I've always wondered about the ancient Atlanteans' race. Edgar Cayce said that the five races, which he identified by color, began simultaneously in five different areas of the world. Atlantis was the place where the red race began, according to him.

I used to think that by "red race" he meant people who looked like the Native Americans. However, the Eastern ones looked far different from the western ones, who were deemed to be related to Asians. Each even has a different skull shape. So to me, the ones closest to Atlanteans would be the ones on the east coast, who did have redder skins from the photos and artists' depictions. Those people are almost extinct. I doubt if there is really many members of the red race anymore, which is tragic as we could have learned so much from them.

But since Atlanteans existed so long ago (I believe in Edgar Cayce's dates too), maybe the original red race was also different from the the way our east-coast Indians looked. Now I'm thinking that maybe I was wrong, and that this red race really was mostly red, with the very coppery skins and deep red hair, maybe with dark ruby-colored eyes and from all the travels and intermarriages have become integrated into many other racial groups.

It is interesting that all the places where the Atlanteans supposedly went after the destruction have populations with red-haired people. This would also explain the Scandanavians who may have been the palest people originally, the remnants of the "white race" Cayce described, who came from the Caucasus region. A mix would give descendants reddish blonde hair and ruddy complexions. This is how they were described by the ancient Romans.

The ancient Russians (before they were called that) called these Norseman "the Rus." This word meant "red." This was due to their bright reddish-gold hair. The Eastern Scandanavians (now Swedes) went into Russia before the Viking age supposedly began. The people in Western Russia asked them to govern there. They are the reason Russia is called by the name it now has, after "The Rus" who visited and stayed in many cases, marrying local women and becoming incorporated into areas they traveled. I learned this from Gwyn Jones' "History of the Vikings."

But back to Atlantis, which Cayce said existed for 50,000 years or something like that. So by the time of the final cataclysm, there could have been many races living there and integrating. But I am especially fascinated with the original red race he spoke of. I get really tired of reading about superior ancient civilizations that the authors assume had to be white. Maybe they were red or some integrated race. Why is it always assumed that if an ancient civilization were advanced, they had to be white people?

I am white, actually mostly Swedish by descent, but I think we have to give other races their due. If the Atlanteans developed superior technology, then the red race should be credited with this. And if they integrated with the old Egyptians to form a new racial hybrid, those people should get the credit for the pyramids, etc. and all the other amazing buildings that we in all our wisdom cannot duplicate today. I have seen photos of some of the ancient art work in these buildings and there are actually red people shown in many of these. I'm thinking these are the original Atlanteans.

If people have been around as long as scientists now believe, then the races cannot be very pure anymore, so we don't really know what they looked like when they were. But I'm guessing that the white people were really white, maybe like albinos who might be throwbacks, with very pale skin, whitish hair and almost colorless, pinkish or palest blue eyes. I don't think we have any really pure white people anymore and the traits we received from other races were probably good things.

The old Scandanavians were not very prejudiced and went to many many other countries and married into many other races. Thanks to them, none of us are pure -- a good thing. But I have to wonder if they acquired their reddish hair and ruddy complexions from the Atlanteans and also whether they might even have visited Atlantis long before they went "viking" -- this was a verb they used to describe their journeys. Maybe Atlantis was a sort of "melting pot" like our country, with many different racial mixtures represented.

Well, I'm sure I sound like a real nutcase, babbling on and on. I'd be curious if anyone knows more about the racial/genetic profile of the ancient Atlantean people.
Report Spam   Logged

Seeking the truth and other seekers

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Meridian

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 04:30:26 am »

A good obervation that, "the racial/genetic profile of the ancient Atlantean people.'

Well, I know that the Germans commonly believed under Hitler that the Atlanteans were blue-eyed and blonde-haired.

But that doesn't actually jive with the facts (unless Atlantis were actually in a northern area, which Plato doesn't say so).

He sets Atlantis beyond the Pillars and in the Atlantic Ocean.  Since it had two growings seasons, that would put them somewhere near the equator.  So, the answer would be that the Atlanteans would probably be as dark-skinned as their African neighbors.  That would be my guess anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

"Give me but one firm spot on which to stand, and I will move the earth." — Archimedes
Atlana7

Atlana7

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 10:55:09 pm »

While I consider Plate a good source, he didn't say much about the appearance or race of Atlantis's inhabitants -- did he? It's been a while since I read him.

What Cayce said does fit what you just replied. Re: the races, he said that each of the five developed simultaneously in five different places on earth and at that time, the earth was much different. But the home of the red race, he said, was Atlantis. The home of the black race was Africa. The home of the Caucasian race was in the Caucasus region, which was apparently pretty far north. The home of the yellow race was Asia. Finally the home of the brown race was India, which at that time, according to him, was a separate sub continent that was not joined to the rest of Asia, but that was closer to many of the South Pacific Islands and Australia.

The location of Atlantis, not quite as southward as Africa, would be a good place for the red race -- a somewhat warm climate, but more temperate than most of Africa. Of course, we don't know exactly what the conditions were then because the earth was different and the poles were in different locations than they are now.

The oddest thing he said about the races was that each was focused on one of the five senses.  But there was nothing in the book where I read this that told which race focused on which sense. I've been trying to figure this out since then.
Report Spam   Logged

Seeking the truth and other seekers
Melisa

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 12:54:29 am »

Hi Atlana, I wonder if Cayce was actually writing about Atlantis?  It does seem to be he was writing about something in the future than the Bronze Age civiliztion described by Plato.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: