Atlantis Online
November 23, 2020, 09:50:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletonsóremains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Book of Dreams and Ghosts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Book of Dreams and Ghosts  (Read 1203 times)
Apparition from Beyond the Veil
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 01:16:39 pm »

“Here then the soul of a man is supposed to have had care for his son, and to have come to him in his sleep, that, teaching him what he did not know, he might relieve him of a great trouble.  But about the very same time as we heard this, it chanced at Carthage that the rhetorician Eulogius, who had been my disciple in that art, being (as he himself, after our return to Africa, told us the story) in course of lecturing to his disciples on Cicero’s rhetorical books, as he looked over the portion of reading which he was to deliver on the following day, fell upon a certain passage, and not being able to understand it, was scarce able to sleep for the trouble of his mind: in which night, as he dreamed, I expounded to him that which he did not understand; nay, not I, but my likeness, while I was unconscious of the thing and far away beyond sea, it might be doing, or it might be dreaming, some other thing, and not in the least caring for his cares.  In what way these things come about I know not; but in what way soever they come, why do we not believe it comes in the same way for a person in a dream to see a dead man, as it comes that he sees a living man? both, no doubt, neither knowing nor caring who dreams of their images, or where or when.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: