Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:19:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Book of Dreams and Ghosts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Book of Dreams and Ghosts  (Read 2861 times)
Apparition from Beyond the Veil
Superhero Member

« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2009, 01:30:29 pm »

When he made inquiries in general society, Mr. Galton found plenty of people who “saw” mental imagery with every degree of brilliance or dimness, from “quite comparable to the real object” to “I recollect the table, but do not see it”—my own position.

Mr. Galton was next “greatly struck by the frequency of the replies in which my correspondents” (sane and healthy) “described themselves as subject to ‘visions’”.  These varied in degree, “some were so vivid as actually to deceive the judgment”.  Finally, “a notable proportion of sane persons have had not only visions, but actual hallucinations of sight at one or more periods of their life.  I have a considerable packet of instances contributed by my personal friends.”  Thus one “distinguished authoress” saw “the principal character of one of her novels glide through the door straight up to her.  It was about the size of a large doll.”  Another heard unreal music, and opened the door to hear it better.  Another was plagued by voices, which said “Pray,” and so forth.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: