Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 06:13:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Christian Intolerance Throughout the Ages

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christian Intolerance Throughout the Ages  (Read 518 times)
Wisteria

« on: February 23, 2007, 12:04:56 pm »

Heather,

I respectfully affirm that alot of what you've posted is either factually incorrect or contains many half-truths, some of which even I believed at one time.

The Romans certainly were not a peace-loving empire until Christianity came along - by a long shot. They serverly persecuted Christians and continued to to do so when they adopted Catholism. A historically educated Atheist will even attest to that.

You also unfairly and incorrectly use the words "Christian," "Catholic" and "The Church" interchangaebly.

Hitler and the Nazis were not Christians by any stretch of the word. Hitler's core beliefs were rooted in the occult and paganism, yet he often coated his statements with certain Christian ideologies when it suited his public agenda. Yet I don't use this argument to make blanketed statements about pagans or paganism, and I never would, since I am aware that Hitler was psychopathic and distorted the nature of the religions he borrowed from, essentially creating his own warped religion.

This thread is just one example of how even some Wiccans resort to preaching intolerance and anger themselves (the very root of violence) in an attempt to voice their feelings of being intolerated. It comes across as hateful towards anyone who could be considered a Christian, and this should not be the goal of anyone who calls themselves a Wiccan, or any faith which claims to preach a message of love and acceptance.

I'm not sure what your goal could possibily be by putting so much negative energy into this.

Just live by example, and I assure you that you will open many more eyes.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: