Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:57:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What would you contribute to science?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you contribute to science?  (Read 2252 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« on: July 18, 2007, 03:58:05 pm »

Alot of us post facts and theories about everything that paranormal research, and other displines of science serve.
As an individual, what is the one thing you investigate or research that you feel is a contribution to the understanding of all? I ask this of myself already, and I have insights about many things I enjoy sharing. For science sake, I practice my skills in Geology, and paranormal research for investigators who are looking for some history on a pacific sight.
One of the things that I feel is important about Geology and paranormal investigation is how EMFs are effected by the geology in an area around a suspectedly haunted zone.  Wink

It's how I'd attempt to show when the most ideal conditions for paranormal activity occur during moon phases and seasonal solar interaction. This may in fact lead to other discoveries about how our individual energies are effected by how these variables change. Ultimately, I want to discover the best days to go investigating. EMF levels present in know volcanic areas may also be changing as a result of Jupiters magnetic feilds as well. If we can hear them on AM stations, chances are, they are effecting Earth's Magnet feild unnoticed.
Perhaps I may even stumble unto something that will make UFO Researchers take notice, as these conditions for paranormal activity of anykind manifest themselves. Only a theory so far, but I'm going to investigate it for the sake of knowing. "nothing ventured, nothing gained".....

Maybe one of you might make a suggestion that changes everything we think we know, LOL.
Either way, even half way is better then no where...

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:47:55 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:33:27 am »

I recently came across a very interesting story about how glacial melting/movement created the great lakes region. I thought it would be interesting to find some information about this so I went on to the best evidence of this yet. Then came the best area to find this example of glacial erosion right here in Erie, PA.
The Wintergreen Gorge, which happens to be one of my favorite places to hike.

http://www.mbakercorp.com/knowledge/images/Wintergreen3-sml.jpg
Huge boulders are mysteriously deposited all over the place, and the rocks tells the rest of the story of how this particular area at one time was carved into existence. I'm going to be taking another trip this sunday to the Gorge to photograph the areas that show the best examples of this erosion. If any of you are interested in seeing these photos, feel free to E-mail me by atleast Tuesday. I should have them scanned in by then. I will also photograph actual fossil evidence of ancient sea creatures that may have existed in the end of the The Permian Period of the Paleozoic Era: 299 to 251 million years ago.
 Smiley 

During the Permian all the world's land masses joined together into a single supercontinent, Pangea.  The collision between Laurasia and Siberia-Kazakhstania and China finalized assembly of Pangaea by end of Permian. This was the first time since the late Proterozoic supercontinent of Rodinia that such a landmass had formed.  Pangea was shaped sort of like a giant "Pacman", with the mouth on the east.   There was a correspondingly large single ocean, called Panthalassa.  The body of water enclosed by the pacman mouth constituted a smaller sea, the Tethys, which covered much of what is now southern and central Europe.
Throughout the Permian, Europe was covered by a very salty inland sea, the Zechstein sea, which advanced and receded at least twice. This was home to an impoverished fauna, mainly brachiopods and bivalves, which were able to cope with the hypersaline conditions.
Due to the formation of the supercontinent Pangea, the sea level drops and the warm shallow seas decline in extent.  This is one of the factors that may have led to the extinction of many life-forms at the end of the period.

P.S. Blue granite boulders are not native to this area, however they liter this town everywhere.
One more thing that reveals glacial expansion as they began to grow across the north American continent.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 11:01:16 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 11:13:48 pm »

Pictures that have already been published about the wintergreen gorge...

Awesome swimming hole just after the fall.

As for Geology....

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 09:42:55 am »

You know, I didn't think of this before but if Atlantis was destroyed by a huge volcanic eruption, wouldn't
 sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide, carbonic acid and hydrogen sulfide traces be found on the ground as a result of acid rain?
I can show you vast amounts of iron in this region in those rock layers that date at around 15,000 b.c. in both the rocks found around Lk.Erie and as far south as I-90. Makes me wonder what other areas this can be found in.
The resulting traces should show up in the rock layers that were exposed to the air around 10,500 b.c.
The year that Atlantis was said to be destroyed. If indeed Atlantis was in the Atlantic Ocean, these trace gases would more then likely have been deposited in the form of acid rain on the western coast of Africa/Spain and so on as a result of the jet stream and other convective winds. If it Existed in the Pacific, it would be so much harder to determine because of the volcanism in Hawaii.  Shocked

Examining Fossil records from around that time, may reveal that their exposure to acid rain in the 10,500 b.c. might be evident.

Just an Idea to kick around.

11,000 B.C.
 Vast fields of wild grain appear in parts of the Near East as the glaciers begin to retreat.

10,500 B.C.
 Human habitations appear even at the southernmost parts of the Western Hemisphere, where cavemen pursue guanaco and hunt a horse species that will become extinct. (Fossil evidence found 1,200 miles south of Buenos Aires in the A.D. 1970s.)

10,000 B.C.

to

the present
 Cenozoic Era - Quaternary period - Holocene or Recent epoch

Glaciers retreat. Climate warmer; deserts form in some areas. Many scientists argue that Holocene is only another interglacial episode of the Pleistocene epoch.  Human civilization; people begin to affect climate, geology. Extinction of other species continues.

10,000 B.C.
 Homo sapiens increases in number to roughly 3 million.

10,000 B.C.
 Goats are domesticated by Near Eastern hunter-gatherer tribespeople who have earlier domesticated the dog.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 10:09:41 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Carole
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 09:54:14 pm »

I would contribute a drug that would make people more compassionate, less greedy and bigoted, as well as better people.  And I would make all the people who were involved in crimes take it.

They keep saying that the one thing science can't improve upon is man, so let's focus on improving humanity next.
Report Spam   Logged

"To preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic."
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 11:34:04 pm »

I would contribute a drug that would make people more compassionate, less greedy and bigoted, as well as better people.  And I would make all the people who were involved in crimes take it.

They keep saying that the one thing science can't improve upon is man, so let's focus on improving humanity next.

Yeah but Arsenic takes too long..... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 02:27:17 pm »

Carole,

This is great.... there is a drug to do this already: Rock-Medicine.... and people can be treated without their even knowing it...

I have long hoped to devise a method to treat the incarcerated with it.

www.pacific-crossroads.com
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 09:58:38 pm »

Smiley  At one time I thought about the wrong in others. Later, I pursued solving what was wrong with me. This seems to be an unending quest. I learned to not make the mistakes I've made already......

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 10:14:59 pm »

Back at the ranch.....

Cheesy I did go to the gorge today and Rockessence, I got some good geology for you....
I have to go to my father in-laws to E-mail myself the photos because I used his camera.
I am going to be able to deliver as promiced.

Now, one of the other reasons I chose the Gorge is because of the Cemetary on the other side of the creek.  Wink
I'll get some photos of that as well.
My next trip is going to be with an EMF meter, and metal detector.
This is to help validate several things about paranormal activity, and popular beleifs about the entire region's geology and effects of glacial erosion. Any anomalies that occur during an investigation in the Cemetary, will hold more weight if everything else can be explained. Basically, I'm going to try to accomplish a few different things starting with the wintergreen gorge.

As for the rock photos, I'm trying to show how the rocks at the lake shore match rocks all the way at the top of the gorge that aren't native to the area. I also got a photo from at the top of the gorge. It was beautiful and I can't wait to post it. I'll be doing an autumn shot sometime in november for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 01:45:55 am »

Sounds great!  I look forward to seeing those pics.
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 12:26:05 pm »

Sounds great!  I look forward to seeing those pics.

Just waiting on Dad... Sorry folks!
The pics are coming as promiced.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 12:44:25 pm »

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid507922875/bctid507843352
Mark of the Beast and the all seeing eye.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:48:28 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 07:46:16 pm »

At a billion dollars a ton, Helium 3 could become the most efficient fuels yet.
This is something, that doesn't appear on Earth enough to be a practical new feul.
However, it's abundant on the moon...

There are two kinds of stable helium. You know the first one: It puts lift in birthday balloons, Thanksgiving Day parades, the Goodyear blimp.

The other kind, an isotope called helium-3, may not be as familiar. It's a naturally occurring, but very rare, variant of helium that is missing a neutron. Helium-3 is the fuel for a form of nuclear fusion that, in theory, could provide us with a clean, virtually infinite power source.

Gerald Kulcinski, director of the University of Wisconsin's Fusion Technology Institute, is already halfway there. Kulcinski is in charge of an "inertial electrostatic confinement device," an experimental low-power reactor that has successfully performed continuous deuterium-helium-3 fusion - a process that produces less waste than the standard deuterium-tritium fusion reaction.

The next step, pure helium-3 fusion (3He-3He) is a long way off, but it's worth the effort, says Kulcinski. "You'd have a little residual radioactivity when the reactor was running, but none when you turned it off. It would be a nuclear power source without the nuclear waste."

If we ever achieve it, helium-3 fusion will be the premier rocket fuel for centuries to come. The same lightness that floats CargoLifter's CL160 will allow helium to provide more power per unit of mass than anything else available. With it, rockets "could get to Mars in a weekend, instead of seven or eight months," says Marshall Savage, an amateur futurist and the author of The Millennial Project: Colonizing the Galaxy in Eight Easy Steps.

The problem? We may run out of helium - and therefore helium-3 - before the fusion technology is even developed.

Nearly all of the world's helium supply is found within a 250-mile radius of Amarillo, Texas (the Helium Capital of the World). A byproduct of billions of years of decay, helium is distilled from natural gas that has accumulated in the presence of radioactive uranium and thorium deposits. If it's not extracted during the natural gas refining process, helium simply soars off when the gas is burned, unrecoverable.

The federal government first identified helium as a strategic resource in the 1920s; in 1960 Uncle Sam began socking it away in earnest. Thirty-two billion cubic feet of the gas are bunkered underground in Cliffside, a field of porous rock near Amarillo. But now the government is getting out of the helium business, and it's selling the stockpile to all comers.

Map of Helium 3 deposits on the moon...
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 08:35:27 pm »

Reading micrometers

Figure 6-1.–(A) Parts of a micrometer; (B) micrometer scales.

0.025 inch since 1/40 is equal to 0.025. The sleeve has 40 markings to the inch. Thus each space between the markings on the sleeve is also 0.025 inch. Since 4 such spaces are 0.1 inch (that is, 4 x 0.025), every fourth mark is labeled in tenths of an inch for convenience in reading. Thus, 4 marks equal 0.1 inch, 8 marks equal 0.2 inch, 12 marks equal 0.3 inch, etc.

To enable measurement of a partial turn, the beveled edge of the thimble is divided into 25 equal parts. Thus each marking on the thimble is 1/25 of a complete turn, or 1/25 of 1/40 of an inch. Multiplying 1/25 times 0.025 inch, we find that each marking on the thimble represents 0.001 inch.

READING THE MICROMETER

It is sometimes convenient when learning to read a micrometer to write down the component parts of the measurement as read on the scales and then to add them. For example, in figure 6-1 (B) there are two major divisions visible (0.2 inch). One minor division is showing clearly (0.025 inch). The marking on the thimble nearest the horizontal or index line of the sleeve is the second marking (0.002 inch). Adding these parts, we have

Thus, the reading is 0.227 inch. As explained previously, this is read verbally as "two hundred twenty-seven thousandths." A more skillful method of reading the scales is to read all digits as thousandths directly and to do any adding mentally. Thus, we read the major division on the scale as "two hundred thousandths" and the minor division is added on mentally. The mental process for the above setting then would be "two hundred twenty-five; two hundred twenty-seven thousandths."

Practice problems:

1. Read each of the micrometer settings shown in figure 6-2.

Figure 6-2.–Micrometer settings.

Answers:

(A) 0.750
(B) 0.201
(C) 0.655
(D) 0.075
(E) 0.527
(F) 0.009
(G) 0.662
(H) 0.048
(I) 0.526

Wink This is a must know, for rookies in producing machined parts after set-up.
Just because you ran the program, doesn't always mean it going to produce the specs needed.
For that matter, you should always inspect the tool. At times even the slightest visible signs of wear can throw off your measurement when working in thousandth. Knowing how to read a micrometer may save the next 200 parts produced from the readings. Save the shop money by producing better first peices and reduce you scrap piece count down to one, if even that. Remember the "Go and No Go" checks on a part.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 08:48:32 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 08:05:16 pm »

Joe Newman's
contribution to science-

1) Joseph Newman originally submitted his Patent Application in 1979 to an examiner (Donovan Duggan) who was later proven in a court of law to be technically incompetent in his own field of electrical engineering, and admitted under oath that he never really READ Newman's original patent Application.

2) That incompetent examiner told Newman that, "I will never be able to grant you a patent NO MATTER WHAT EVIDENCE YOU PRESENT." (So much for having an open mind to new technology.)

3) Newman then invited patent officials to come to his lab and see/test the technology for themselves. They refused.

4) Newman then invited patent officials to come to his lab ญญ at his expense ญญ and see/test the technology for themselves. They refused.

5) Newman then offered to bring prototypes to Washington, D.C. at his expense for them to test. They refused his offer.

6) Newman then transported an 800-pound unit on a flatbed truck over 1,000 miles to Washington D.C. (accompanied by Dr. Hastings), hoping that once he was they with the prototype they would agree to test it. They still refused.

7) The proven incompetent PTO examiner (Duggan) told Newman that his invention "smacked of perpetual motion." It was later determined in Federal Court that the examiner in question only briefly scanned his 70+ page Patent Application and admitted not having read it in detail.

Cool Newman appealed the decision of the initial examiner to a committee of patent examiners. They told him: "We believe your invention works, but your technical description is inadequate."

9) So Newman appealed THAT decision to a still higher board of patent examiners. They told him: "We believe your technical description is adequate, but your invention doesn't work."

10) Newman repeatedly tried to get them to test one of his prototypes, but patent bureaucrats refused.

11) It was at that point that he went to Federal Court, whereupon a technical expert and Special Master William E. Schuyler, Jr., appointed by a Federal Judge specifically concluded in his Report:

On March 3, 1986, as a result of the Court's questionable procedures, Joseph Newman made an Affidavit in support of a motion to disqualify Judge Jackson for his demonstrated bias and prejudice. On March 7, 1986, the District Court held a status conference to consider giving the NBS more time to test the energy machine in violation of the original 30-day time limit authorized by the U.S. Court of Appeals.

Immediately before the status conference began, Jackson's law clerk handed Joseph Newman's attorney John Flannery an order denying Joseph Newman's motion to disqualify Judge Jackson as insufficient, but without any discussion as to why the pleadings were factually insufficient. Judge Jackson then held attorney John Flannery in contempt for merely mentioning the pending motion to disqualify him. Jackson then gave the PTO/NBS until June 26, 1986 to test the energy machine --- 150 DAYS AFTER THE ENERGY MACHINE WAS ORIGINALLY DELIVERED.

Joseph Newman could not financially afford to be present with counsel and expert for the 12-hour workdays the NBS "claimed" they worked each day on testing the energy machine. It would have cost Joseph Newman over $60,000 to attend the tests and is one of the reasons that the U.S. Court of Appeals authorized the original 30-day test period limit. Former PTO Commissioner Mossinghoff misappropriated $100,000 to run the unprecedented tests which were in violation of the original order of the U.S. Court of Appeals. And according to the Patent Office, the tests cost approximately $75,000.00.

Although Joseph Newman has the "right" to attend the later, unauthorized tests on his now-confiscated energy machine, it was a "right" that he could not financially afford to exercise. Joseph Newman is not a large corporation. He is an inventor who lives by what he invents. Worse, the Patent Office said that they expect Joseph Newman to reimburse the Patent Office for ALL NBS tests!

Angry

Yet through persistant efforts, Joe Newnam remained optimistic.
Representatives of the Energizer Corporation recommend
the largest load for their 9volt battery is a "TOY", and
they state that even a small toy is a "high, battery-draining device".

Even small toys can quickly deplete such 9volt batteries which are
typically used in low-load applications such as smoke detectors.

No way such a small battery would ever run a 7,500-LB MOTOR.  Right?

Wrong.

In the video below, the "Energizer Bunny" battery
not only runs the 7,500-LB Newman motor, but
it keeps right on running it --- not just for a minute, but for an hour!

This technology is proof that the strength of the motor's magnetic field
is dependent upon the VOLTAGE --- NOT the CURRENT!

And during the course of an hour, the batteries don't even heat up!

Conventional technology would say that such is not possible.

Yet, the Newman Energy Machine can accomplish that ... and much more.
In fact, the technology can be used to provide abundant, non-polluting,
inexpensive electromagnetic energy to power the world.

No more fossil-fuel-related pollution.
No more skyrocketing energy costs.
No more global warming caused by the use of hydrocarbon fuels.
No more nuclear reactor wastes.
No more coal-burning power plants.

This technology will provide abundant, inexpensive, non-polluting energy
to power homes, factories, automobiles, ships, planes, appliances ...
in short, the entire world can utilize this revolutionary technology.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2699190582411275088&hl=en

Or for even more refferences to this and other exciting inventions that are not patented:
http://www.phact.org/e/skeptic/newlee.htm
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 11:37:48 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: