Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 11:09:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What would you do with a hundred million dollars?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do with a hundred million dollars?  (Read 586 times)
Nicole Jimmelson
Superhero Member

« on: July 18, 2007, 12:06:17 pm »

You can do whatever you like with it, spend it on yourself or your family or do something to make a difference. There is no wrong answer!

Here's what I would do:  I would open up a chain of mega-sized pet shelters all around the world. There are animal shelters now, but they aren't any help:  the sick SOBs euthanize cats and dogs after a time that they can't find homes for.  That's not help, that is legalized murder.

My chain would help all dogs, cats and other animals that can't find homes, it would be stocked with all the best people, and the animals would also have places to run and roam, have fun.  There is nothing more honest than a dog or cat's love for you, and they deserve better than what people give them. I'm not for capital punishment, but sick people like Michael Vick (if he is guilty of these dog-fighting charges, which he looks to be) should be executed for crimes like that, against animals.  That's why we need to do something for our animals, now, to help them.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 12:13:33 pm »

I saw this subject, and smiled. I think everyone has had this dream at one time or another.
I would use the interest on that money to help the most deserving families who have experienced the greatest hardships. In exchange, I would have them sign a legal promice to help another family.

My own family, would not have any payments on anything left to pay which is how I would help them.
All I would probably keep is enough to fund my own research, unless someone else who is poverty is in need.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 03:31:31 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

+Faith+
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 01:04:06 pm »

I would use the money to help animals, too, but also to help the people who are homeless.  Everyone should have a home, as well as the right to medical attention.  What kind of society are we when, rich as we are, we don't want to take care of the least of us?

God Bless,

+Faith+
Report Spam   Logged

(Psalms) 31:5,
"Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth."
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 03:43:52 pm »

I would use the money to help animals, too, but also to help the people who are homeless.  Everyone should have a home, as well as the right to medical attention.  What kind of society are we when, rich as we are, we don't want to take care of the least of us?

God Bless,

+Faith+

Exactly my point! I'm considered working poverty now, yet I still help everyone I can. Whether it's food, or clothing.
If I have it to offer, I give it unconditionally. I have even used my trade to help people for free.
In return, I feel good that these people atleast have someone that will help them.

I want to eventually help those families in Tornado Alley, who need someone willing to work very cheaply to help with home repairs. People up here in Erie, have to deal with occational thunder storms and severe blizzards.
People in Tornado Alley, have to deal with great loss. Weighing the pro's and con's, I wish I was able to do more for them. Alot of the bigger contractors don't know about me yet, but I will continue putting little hints out there for them for the first one that decides to bite.  Wink

The rich, I would charge accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 03:47:07 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 05:23:00 am »

You know now that I think about it, I would also help fund a private enterprise in going to the moon. I couldn't contribute much more then the overall interest I'd be earning per annual yeild. However, I would still invest in those innovative ideas that people are coming up with to make a difference in human understanding.
Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 09:07:41 pm »

I'd pay the patent fees on Newman's Generator.

Then mass produce them.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: