Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:26:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

IT IS THE DOOM OF MAN THAT WE FORGET

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IT IS THE DOOM OF MAN THAT WE FORGET  (Read 2294 times)
Forms of Things Unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 09:36:25 pm »

Hi Mike,

That is the great thing about our interpretation of the ancients:  we tend to invest what we find of them with our own personal prejudices.  Recently, for instance, some archaeologist decided that the Venus statues of prehistory were all simply "toys." This is a cornerstone of belief in Marija Gimbutas "Goddess" theories.  How they entered the ancients minds and came up with that opposite conclusion is beyond me since most other sculptures are regularly believed to be rulers or gods.

My name actually comes from the 1963 Outer Limits series, which I consider to be the better of the two by far (something about the combination of monsters and themes it had).

Here is the story of it:

THE FORM of THINGS UNKNOWN

After two girls murder a ruthless man, they come upon a blind man's house wherein lies a time slanting machine. This machine is believed to have the power to go back into the past with a tilting device and bring the dead back to life.The inventor brings himself and the murdered man back, only to realize that God alone should have the power to decide on life or death.

Directed by: Gerd Oswald          Written by: Joseph Stefano

Starring: VERA MILES (Kassia), BARBARA RUSH (Leonora), SIR CEDRIC HARDWICKE (Colas), SCOTT MARLOWE (Andre) and DAVID McCALLUM (Tone)

http://www.theouterlimits.com/episodes/season1960/6032.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: