Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 10:44:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

King Arthur - Tales of the Round Table

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Arthur - Tales of the Round Table  (Read 5564 times)
Michelle Jahn
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 01:24:51 pm »

p. 15

barge yonder, and row yourself to the sword, and take it and the scabbard with you.' For this was the sword Excalibur. 'As for my gift, I will ask it in my own time.' Then King Arthur and Merlin dismounted from their horses and tied them up safely, and went into the barge, and when they came to the place where the arm was holding the sword Arthur took it by the handle, and the arm disappeared. And they brought the sword back to land. As they rode the King looked lovingly on his sword, which Merlin saw, and, smiling, said, Which do you like best, the sword or the scabbard? 'I like the sword,' answered Arthur. 'You are not wise to say that,' replied Merlin, 'for the scabbard is worth ten of the sword, and as long as it is buckled on you you will lose no blood, however sorely you may be wounded.' So they rode into the town of Carlion, and Arthur's Knights gave them a glad welcome, and said it was a joy to serve under a King who risked his life as much as any common man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: