Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:19:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hon John Collier

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hon John Collier  (Read 1159 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 11:18:05 pm »

Hi, you two!!  

I posted in the other thread, meaning to post it here (getting tired, I'm an hour ahead of you).

There is only one word for this Art: STUPENDOUS!!  I love them all.

My favourite picture on the other thread is Circe and in this one Lilith.  I also love Unk's Minerva.

I guess that says a lot about me, eh?

Love and hugs,
b
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 11:32:25 pm »

Oh thank you so much Bianca...

I mean you can't know how much that means to me. Minerva is such a localized character and it was almost as if she just flowed her way write through the pencil. I don't know how to explain it, but a lot of times my sketches are  better... in other word in my own eyes, I suck... but halleluiah... I foresee a better destiny for me...

Also, my art suffers for lack of purpose... but this is not just something you can.... I don't care what anyone says the thought of the artist can be seen in the observer.
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 01:17:09 am »

Unknown,

Every artist is never satisfied and is oftentimes, his or her own worst critic.  Subject matter is the theme that (in my opinion, at least), places the Pre-Raphaelites above most other artists. 

Consider it - there have been many talented painters throughout the years, and, of course, those in the Renaissance were equally talented, for the most part.  And yet, they were limited by religious constraints, in other words, not allowed to paint the pagans, even if they wanted to. 

You have the tools. Perhaps it would be better to develop an over-riding theme to your art. Images for the characters in your stories, perhaps, or from stories the classical past.

Cheers,

Dawn
Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: