Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:32:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Bin Laden's son marries English Grandmother of Five

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bin Laden's son marries English Grandmother of Five  (Read 352 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: July 16, 2007, 04:43:38 pm »

SON OF OSAMA BIN LADEN CONFIRMS HE MARRIED BRITISH DIVORCEE

The Associated PressPublished: July 15, 2007

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia: A son of Osama bin Laden confirmed Sunday he had married a British woman nearly twice his age, and voiced outrage at the publicity the wedding attracted.

Jane Felix-Browne, a 51-year-old grandmother from Moulton, a village in northwestern England, told The Associated Press last week that she met Omar bin Laden, 27, while riding a horse near Egypt's Great Pyramid and that they married on April 24.

The Times and Sun newspapers, which initially reported the story, said she was in Egypt for medical treatment for multiple sclerosis at the time.

In a written statement published by the Saudi newspaper Al Watan on Sunday, Omar bin Laden said he was "stunned and outraged" by the publicity surrounding his marriage to Felix-Browne, whom he identified as Zaina Bint Mohamad Al-Sabah.

Osama bin Laden's fourth son said his British bride was a Muslim and of partly Kuwaiti descent. This could not independently be verified.

"Her nationality is not an issue," Omar bin Laden said in the statement. "What is important is her religion and manner," the son of al-Qaida's chief said.

Felix-Browne, a five-time divorcee, is a parish councilor in England with three children by previous marriages and five grandchildren. She has confirmed she held Islamic marriage ceremonies in both Egypt and Saudi Arabia with her sixth husband.

She has said she was hoping to arrange a visa for her new husband to visit Britain, but acknowledged it would be difficult because of his family name.

Bin Laden's son confirmed the British grandmother was his second wife — Islam allows men to have up to four wives as long as they can treat them equally.

"Yes, I am married to a Saudi woman from an honorable Arab family and I live a happy life with her," he said in the statement. "She has agreed to my (second) marriage," he said.

"Polygamy is not strange in our Arab and Islamic society," he said.

Citing an example from the life of Islam's Prophet Muhammad and his first wife, Omar bin Laden said the age difference with his new spouse was not an issue.

"The Prophet had married Khadija, the mother of the faithful, when he was twenty and she was forty," he pointed out.

Felix-Browne said her husband, a scrap dealer and one of 18 brothers, was raised in Sudan and Afghanistan after his father left Saudi Arabia.

She said the father and son last met in Afghanistan in 2000, the year before the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States and a subsequent U.S. bombing campaign on Afghanistan that toppled the Taliban rulers who had harbored Osama bin Laden.

She said Omar was training to be a soldier in Afghanistan at the age of 19, when he left his father "because he wanted to see the world and didn't want to fight and die young."

Osama bin Laden had moved from Saudi Arabia to Sudan during the 1990-91 Gulf War, after failing to dissuade the Saudi government from turning to the U.S. for military help. He was stripped of his Saudi citizenship after continuing to criticize Riyadh's alliance to the U.S., and moved to Afghanistan after being forced to leave Sudan in 1996.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:54:42 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 09:05:10 am »

COUNCILLOR WEDS BIN LADEN'S SON

Jane met Bin Laden's son while horse riding around the Pyramids (Photo copyright Graham Scott)
A 51-year-old parish councillor from Cheshire has married a son of the world's most notorious terrorist.
Jane Felix-Browne, from Moulton, near Northwich, married Omar Osama Bin Laden, 27, after romance blossomed during a holiday in Egypt.

The grandmother, who declined to take her husband's surname, says she does not care about his family background, stating she married for love.

Omar, whom she met while horse riding last September, is her sixth husband.

He was also on holiday in Egypt when the pair met. A relationship developed and within seven months they were married.

Visa application

Ms Felix-Browne said that her husband has always been open and honest about who his father is.

"It wasn't a holiday romance, I actually met him through his cousin whom I know," she said.

Omar is not believed to have seen his father since 2000

"I was with him in Egypt for a short while. I went back to England, I spoke to him between seven and 15 hours a day, every day for the past 10 months.

"He talked about his childhood, his life with his father of course as every son would talk about his father."

Omar, who is Bin Laden's fourth eldest son, is currently working as a scrap metal dealer in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, while his new bride applies for a visa so he can visit Britain.

Ms Felix-Browne said: "There's no problem of him coming to England. Most of his aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters live in London anyway."

No contact

In an interview in The Times she said that she believed she had met her new father-in-law during a party in London in the 1970s.

However, she insisted that her new husband has had no contact with his father since 2000.

Osama Bin Laden, who is leader of the terrorist group al-Qaeda, has been implicated in the 11 September attacks on New York and Washington DC in 2001 as well as the July 7 London bombings in 2005.

The US government has put a $25m bounty on his head.

BBC Liverpool
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40471000/jpg/_40471471_binladen1_203.jpg&imgrefurl=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/6292072.stm&h=152&w=203&sz=14&hl=en&start=15&tbnid=pZI_uGyaxpIzIM:&tbnh=79&tbnw=105&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djane%2Bfelix-browne%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG
Information and features on the BBC's Liverpool website
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:08:33 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 08:48:42 pm »

Actually, they just raised the bounty to 50 million, Bianca, but no one will collect anyway.  Hard to collect on someone when you're not interested in finding them.

The Bush and Bin Laden families even do business together, and Bush arranged for them to get out on 9/11.  Is it that hard for any of us to imagine that they engaged in one more, as yet undiscovered business venture together?

These people are crooks, their allegiance is to money and power, it is NOT to America.
Report Spam   Logged

Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 09:01:28 pm »

What's been worrying me, Jade, is that for the past week or so there's been way too much
"fear-mongering" by the likes of that idiot from Pennsylvania, Santorum and the so-called
"chief" of Fema, Chertoff.  Are we being primed for a second 9ll, so that not only the occupa-
tion of Iraq will continue, but.....on to Iran?
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 09:23:01 pm »

I haven't heard much about Santorum since he was defeated. What has he been saying?

You know the whole media has been falling asleep when it comes to the Bush Administration - even still.  No one in the American media has ever asked any of the hard questions when it came to 9/11, if they do, they are labelled a "conspiracy theorist."  That's why we had our 9/11 threads here moved into their own forum - to examine the truth, without it needing to be labelled a "conspiracy."

Only the foriegn press sees the Bush Administration for what it really is - a corrupt entity of which any despicable thing is possible.
Report Spam   Logged

Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 10:12:16 pm »

Santorun has been playing "oracle", he forsees another '911' coming our way......

These neocons are so transparent that the mind boggles to think that 25-30%  still believe them.

I am a Washington Journal Watcher (CSpan) and you wouldn't believe these yo-yos.....
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 07:39:16 am »

Jade,

It looks like I am not the only one that is suspicious!

A Wake-up Call

By Paul Craig Roberts

07/19/07 "ICH" -- -- This is a wake-up call that we are about to have another 9/11-WMD experience.

The wake-up call is unlikely to be effective, because the American attitude toward government changed fundamentally seventy-odd years ago. Prior to the 1930s, Americans were suspicious of government, but with the arrival of the Great Depression, Tojo, and Hitler, President Franklin D. Roosevelt convinced Americans that government existed to protect them from rapacious private interests and foreign threats.  Today, Americans are more likely to give the benefit of the doubt to government than they are to family members, friends, and those who would warn them about the government’s protection.

Intelligent observers are puzzled that President Bush is persisting in a futile and unpopular war at the obvious expense of his party’s electoral chances in 2008.

In the July 18 Los Angeles Times (“Bush the Albatross”), Ronald Brownstein reminds us that Bush’s behavior is disastrous for his political party. Unpopular presidents “have consistently undercut their party in the next election.” Brownstein reports that “88% of voters who disapproved of the retiring president’s job performance voted against his party’s nominee in past elections. . . .  On average, 80% of voters who disapproved of a president’s performance have voted against his party’s candidates even in House races since 1986.”

Brownstein notes that with Bush’s dismal approval rating, this implies a total wipeout of the Republicans in 2008.

A number of pundits have concluded that the reason the Democrats have not brought a halt to Bush’s follies is that they expect Bush’s unpopular policies to provide them with a landslide victory next year. 

There is a problem with this reasoning. It assumes that Cheney, Rove,and the Republicans are ignorant of these facts or are content for the Republican Party to be destroyed after Bush has his warmonger-police state fling. “After me, the deluge.”

Isn’t it more likely that Cheney and Rove have in mind events that will, once again, rally the people behind President Bush and the Republican Party that is fighting the “war on terror” that the Democrats “want to lose”?

Such events could take a number of forms.  As even diehard Republican Patrick J. Buchanan observed on July 17, with three US aircraft carrier battle groups in congested waters off Iran, another Tonkin Gulf incident could easily be engineered to set us at war with Iran. If Bush’s intentions were merely to bomb a nuclear reactor, he would not need three carrier strike forces.

Lately, the administration has switched to blaming Iran for the war in Iraq.  The US Senate has already lined up behind the latest lie with a 97-0 vote to condemn Iran.

Alternatively, false flag “terrorist” strikes could be orchestrated in the US.  The Bush administration has already infiltrated some dissident groups and encouraged them to participate in terrorist talk, for which they were arrested.  It is possible that the administration could provoke some groups to actual acts of violence. 

Many Americans dismiss suspicion of their government as treasonous, and most believe conspiracy to be impossible “because someone would talk.”

There is no basis in any known fact for this opinion.

According to polls, 36% of the American people disbelieve the 9/11 Commission Report. Despite this lack of confidence, and despite the numerous omissions and errors in the report, it has proven impossible to have an independent investigation of 9/11 or to examine the official explanation in public debate.  Even experts and people with a lifetime of distinguished public service are dismissed as “conspiracy theorists,” “kooks,” and “traitors” if they question the official explanation of 9/11. This despite the fact that war in the Middle East, a long-planned goal of Bush’s neoconservative administration, could not have been initiated without a “new Pearl Harbor.”

That powerfully constructed steel buildings could suddenly turn to dust because they were struck by two flimsy aluminum airliners and experienced small fires on a few floors that burned for a short time appears unexceptionable  to a majority of Americans.

Moreover, people have talked.  Hundreds of them. Firefighters, police, janitors, and others report hearing and experiencing a series of explosions in upper floors and massive explosions in the underground basements.  This eyewitness testimony was kept under wraps for three or more years until the official explanation had taken root.  The oral histories were finally forced loose by freedom of information act suits.  The eyewitness reports of explosion after explosion had no effect. 

Larry Silverstein, who received billions of dollars in insurance payments for the destroyed buildings, talked.  He said on public television that the order was given “to pull” building 7.  His stunning admission had no effect.

The Bush administration is preparing us for more terrorist attacks.  The latest intelligence report says that Al Qaeda has regrouped, rebuilt, and has the ability to come after us again. “Al Qaeda will intensify its efforts to put operatives here,” says the report.

Security operatives, such as Michael Chertoff, and various instruments of administration propaganda have warned that we will be attacked before next year’s election.  Chertoff is not a person who wants to be known as Chicken Little for telling us that the sky is falling.

Bush has the Republican Party in such a mess that it cannot survive without another 9/11.  Whether authentic or orchestrated, an attack will activate Bush’s new executive orders, which create a dictatorial police state in event of “national emergency.”         [See       http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=CHO20070624&articleId=6134 ]

The UK government is hand-in-glove with the Bush administration and will provide cover or verification for whatever claim the Bush administration advances.  So will the right-wing governments in Canada and Australia.  That takes care of the English-speaking world from which contrary explanations might reach the American people.

It is possible that Bush is now too weak, that suspicion is too great, and that there is too much internal resistance in the federal bureaucracy and military for any such scenario.  If so, then my prediction prior to the invasion that the US invasion of Iraq will destroy Bush, the Republican Party, and the conservative movement will be proven true.  The Democrats’ strategy of doing nothing except making sure Bush gets his way will produce the landslide that they expect.

However, this assumes that Cheney, Rove, and their neoconservative allies have lost their cunning and their manipulative skills.  It is difficult to imagine a more dangerous assumption for Democrats and the American people to make. 

Once the US experiences new attacks, Bush will be vindicated. His voice will be confident as he speaks to the nation: “My administration knew that there would be more attacks from these terrorists who hate us and our way of life and are determined to destroy every one of us.  If only more of you had believed me and supported my war on terror these new attacks would not have happened.  Our security efforts were impaired by the Democrats’ determined attempts to surrender to the terrorists by forcing our withdrawal from Iraq and by civil libertarian assaults on our necessary security measures.  If only more Americans had trusted their government, this would not have happened.”  And so on. Anyone should be able to write the script.

Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration. He was Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal editorial page and Contributing Editor of National Review. He is coauthor of The Tyranny of Good Intentions. He can be reached at: PaulCraigRoberts@yahoo.com
Report Spam   Logged

Byron
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 09:30:41 pm »

Bianca,

I would love to find some evidence linking Bush to 9/11, but, like I told Jake awhile back, I haven't yet seen any.  And I would love to nail those bastards with 9/11 as much as anyone you know.

There is evidence that Larry Silverstein ordered a controlled demolition of Building 7, why the media hasn't picked up on it just goes to show you how lazy or compromised the MSM is these days.

There is even multiple evidence that the Bushies knew an attack was coming and did nothing, they had lots of warnings.

And it is clear that they had intent and benefited the most from it.  Hell, I'll even say that there is some evidence that they shot down Flight 93.

But where are the documents, witnesses and whistleblowers stating that they had a direct hand in plotting it?  If people are going to allege conspiracy, seems like they should have some of that.  You'll notice your article mentioned "firefighters."  Why don't they come forward?  I haven't seen a single one, and I checked.  Conspiracies are broken by specifics, not generalities.

Maybe Anassa or Kristina has more facts on this than I do, if so, by all means present it!  Remember, we already have evidence that the Bush administration is filled with sociopathic sickos, what we are looking for is evidence that they "did" 9/11.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Win One for the Lion

Healthcare is a Right, Not a Privilige
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 10:57:07 pm »

Dude go to youtube and type in Alex Jones.

He's got more stuff on false-flag operations than any other mass media outlet.

www.youtube.com   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 11:41:35 pm »

What surprises me is that anyone wants to give Bush the benefit of the doubt for anything these days. They've already proved that they like killing people, have no problem stealoing away people's rights and will stop at nothing to enact their bull **** right wing agenda.  What is a measley 3,000 dead compared to the hundreds of thousands they've had murdered in Iraq?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: