Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 06:54:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Unknown Horror Poll

Poll
Question: What is your favorite Unknown Horror story?  (Voting closed: November 18, 2009, 03:11:08 pm)
The House on Willow's Creek - 7 (21.2%)
The Devil's Pen - 3 (9.1%)
Anna's Tears - 4 (12.1%)
Ersebet - 3 (9.1%)
The Oubliette - 1 (3%)
The Strange Diary of Anna Dupree - 11 (33.3%)
Silent Noir - 0 (0%)
The Horror of Crooling Grange - 4 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unknown Horror Poll  (Read 694 times)
unknown
Superhero Member

« on: October 19, 2009, 04:11:08 pm »

You can choose up to three stories. I have included two of my unfinished works, (Silent Noir and The Horror of Crooling Grange) because I am curious about what people think of them and because I believe they are sufficiently developed to get a feel for the story and form an opinion.

I would appreciate any comments about what you liked about the stories, and what you didn't.

Thanks folks,

"Several species of small furry animals grooving with a Pict in a cave"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 04:28:01 pm by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:10:11 pm »

Hi Unknown,

I don't remember Silent Noir, must have missed that one.  I did like Horror of Crooling Grange. Not only does it have a cool title, as I remember it, it was visual in a way that reminded me of Lovecraft.  I voted for it because, although unfinished, it looks like it has a lot of potential.

I also voted for The Strange Diary of Anna Dupree and The House on Willow's Creek, which I think are your all around best efforts. 

Anna's Tears always felt a bit incomplete to me as a follow-up.  Not sure why I felt that way, it has been awhile since I read it. I liked it, but think you could have dug a little bit deeper.

If I had a fourth vote, it would probably be for Ersebet, although I remember liking it a little more the first time I read it then recently. I think you may have added a little more than it needed.  All in all, a pretty good body of work.  Hope that helps.
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:29:09 am »

I liked the first ones dealing with Anna, of course the narrative is what makes all the stories.

Where did you post Silent Noir at?
Report Spam   Logged
Rain

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 01:04:52 pm »

I haven't read them all, but I seem to recall that The House on Willow's Creek was a good story.
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 12:24:16 am »

They all have their merits and each one is worthy of publication.  As I said before, though, I didn't care for the ending in Devil's Pen - it seemed a bit rushed, or ill-fitting somehow.

Peace,

Veronica
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 12:39:53 pm »

Hi Everybody

Thanks so much for participating in the poll, and especially for leaving comments. I think Silent Noir is posted in the Horror Stories thread but it is not finished.

I am truely blessed with friends here, thanks again.

"Several species of small furry animals grooving with a Pict in a cave."
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: