Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:03:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Wolverine Creator Len Wein Talks About the Film

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolverine Creator Len Wein Talks About the Film  (Read 209 times)
Nimbus

« on: October 17, 2009, 03:28:36 am »

Out of all the comic book movies you've seen, are there ones that resonate with you, and why?

Whenever you capture the spirit of a character. I thought Iron Man was astonishingly good, and that's as much the casting as anything else -- once you hire Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, you're done. Almost everything you do after that is gravy. I thought the new Hulk movie was great -- once again, Edward Norton was a terrific Bruce Banner. Some of the others didn't work quite as well -- Catwoman, I don't think was a particularly good film.

I think most people will agree with you on that.

But when you capture the sense of a character, translating from one medium to the next, any changes are fine. That line from the first X-Men film -- "What did you expect, yellow Spandex?" -- black leather outfits work just fine by me!

You've worked with some of the greats in the comic book world, as well as being one of them. What does working with Stan Lee teach you?

Never lose your sense of enthusiasm!

What about the Watchmen boys, Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore?

Never lose your sense of dismay!

You actually edited Watchmen -- in what way could you corral those creative forces?

It was a challenge. It certainly was a challenge. I have gone on print and online as saying I never liked the ending, I felt it was a bit askew. I thought the ending in the film worked better, but Alan is Alan. You take the good with the bad. You want that work crafted, that ability to sculpt a line like nobody else's business, you put up with mismatched socks and an inability to spell... it works out splendidly!

Rumours are that the next Wolverine movie will be the "Japanese Story" -- what do you want to see happen in the next one?

I just want to see them explore the characters more. I think the Japanese Story, if that's where they're going to go -- and I imagine they are going there for the next story -- is the perfect next choice. It gives you a whole other side of the character and allows you to explore aspects that have never been seen on film before -- the noble warrior, as opposed to the berserker.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is out now on DVD and Blu-ray.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wolverine/news/1850279/wolverine_creator_len_wein_talks_about_the_film
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: