Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:54:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A Halo Over Moscow

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Halo Over Moscow  (Read 1231 times)
Wind

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 02:54:33 pm »

I believe that certain people in the film industry, especially Gene Roddenberry have been "chosen" to subtly and gradually infiltrate our consciousness with information regarding aliens.  Children who have been raised watching Star Trek and other sci fi movies, would not be terrorized if it was announced that we were finally going to get to see some real aliens up close.  They would be very disappointed if the aliens look like us.  They're "supposed" to be different, it said so on TV.  Supposedly, the government has not revealed publically that aliens exist because there would be mass panic, but now, with 40 years or more of sci fi being an everyday entertainment, who would be frightened?  Those who don't want to believe it, that's who.

You make a very good point Qoais, and I have to confess that I'm guilty of this. I was raised on Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica, I was obsessed with Scifi throughout my childhood and into my teens, I'm not so much anymore.  Ten years of research into all of this changes a person Smiley

I was very young when I watched the original V series and I remember that it gave me nightmares, seeing the previews for the new series I have to admit is creeping me out a bit. Grin
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:28:50 am by Wind » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: