Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:07:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A Halo Over Moscow

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Halo Over Moscow  (Read 1236 times)
Wind

« on: October 13, 2009, 10:24:59 pm »

A Halo Over Moscow, UFO Or Something Else?

The official report says that this is an optical illusion, what do you think?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Wind

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 10:26:09 pm »

Here's the story on it.

A Halo Over Moscow
by Mike Krumboltz

And you thought rainbows were cool. A few days ago, a mysterious cloud shaped like a halo appeared over Moscow, and the buzz has yet to break.
We're the first to admit that a photograph of the heavenly cloud appears to be photoshopped. It's just so...perfect. But meterologists have spoken up and said the cloud wasn't digitally altered. However, it wasn't exactly what it appeared to be, either.
When the cloud initially formed, some UFO enthusiasts declared it to be a "true mystery." Some even compared it to the giant spaceship hovering over Earth in the movie "Independence Day." Reality quickly dashed any predictions of an alien invasion. An article from the Daily Mail explains that the "luminous ring-shaped cloud" was simply an optical effect.
An official spokesperson for Moscow's weather department said, "Several fronts have been passing through Moscow recently, there was an intrusion of the Arctic air too, the sun was shining from the west — this is how the effect was produced."
The cloud loomed last week, but the searches are still soaring. Lookups on "halo cloud" and "moscow cloud" are both booming, and a video clip has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube. You can check it out for yourself below...
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:27:38 pm »

Here's the video.

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 10:32:21 pm »

Here's another news report.   Interesting stuff.

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:47:10 pm »

I'm sorry but this is no optical illusion, this some some wild stuff Shocked

I followed the whole Blossom Goodchild circus last year at this time, maybe she was a year off? LOL  Grin

Seriously though for some reason this footage creeps me out.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 10:56:02 pm »

Remind me Wind, what did Blossom say again?  That light over Moscow is pretty impressive.  How the heck could it be just an optical illusion?
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Wind

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:13 pm »

Blossom was supposedly told by the Galactic federation of light that on OCT 14 their light ship would appear in the sky’s over Earth and stay visible long enough to prove their existence.   

When this didn’t happen it got real ugly and people even threatened Blossoms life.

I’m not saying that this is what has happened, but wouldn’t it be interesting if she had in fact misunderstood and was a year off.

I’ll see if I can find one of the old Blossom Goodchild videos and post it. 
For educational purposes Smiley.
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 11:05:55 pm »

Here's one of her videos, The quality is not very good, I'll try to find a better one later. Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 11:08:42 pm »

This happened last week on Oct 7, were there any threads started on this story already, here at A.O.?  There may have been and I just missed it.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 11:11:06 pm »

Seems you forgot to link the video.  Don't know of any other threads with this content.  Oh - there it is - sorry.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:11:44 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Wind

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 11:16:16 pm »

The following was taken from the October 14 2009 issue of the SUN. (That's tomorrow!)

Mystery UFO halo over Moscow

By VINCE SOODIN
Published: 11 Oct 2009

Scores of supernatural enthusiasts have been gripped by the astonishing footage and speculated it could be an ALIEN MOTHERSHIP.
The sighting in the clouds is reminiscent of scenes from the 1996 Hollywood blockbuster Independence Day.

Aliens tried destroy the earth massive using circular ships to zap the planet powerful mega lasers.
Nick Pope, a former UFO analyst for the Ministry of Defence, examined the remarkable footage.
Theories
He said: "I've never seen anything like this. It's a true mystery.
"Whatever it is, it's one of the most beautiful and spectacular things I've ever seen.
"Speculation is at fever pitch on the internet."
"This is being discussed on forums, blogs and email lists all around the world. Some people say it's a bizarre meteorological effect.
"Theories range from it being an alien mothership, proof of Russian weather modification technology - a weather weapon - or even a sign of the end of the world.
The video has appeared on YouTube and been viewed more than 100,000 times.
The bizarre light was spotted last Wednesday.
But meteorologists rejected theories of the supernatural calling it an optical effect.
The Moscow's weather bureau said several weather fronts had passed through Moscow as the sun shined from the west to cause the effect.
A spokesman for the bureau said: "This is purely an optical effect, although it does look impressive.
"If you look closer, you can see sun rays coming through that cloud. Most likely, the sun was setting when the video was being made."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2677449/Mystery-halo-in-cloud-over-Moscow.html#ixzz0TsdV3hHV

Report Spam   Logged
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 11:22:27 pm »

It looks almost like a nuclear bomb test.  Of course, nothing would be tested over Moscow!
Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
Wind

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 11:36:38 pm »

It looks almost like a nuclear bomb test.  Of course, nothing would be tested over Moscow!

That's true, could it be that one was detonated it orbit and what we're seeing here is the top of it, we're looking at it upside down I mean.

If this is true then why was a nuclear weapon detonated in orbit, and  (This is just a thought!) Could it have something to do with the Moon bombing just two days later?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:39:54 pm by Wind » Report Spam   Logged
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 11:43:09 pm »

I just checked prisonplanet, maybe it has to do with a new technology where the Russians have learned to control the weather?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:44:46 pm by Stacy Dohm » Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
Wind

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 11:50:19 pm »

A Russian Haarp!!   That is truly scary, I sure hope that’s not what it is.     Forget Nuclear weapons let’s beat the heck out of each other with Mother Earth herself.

I don’t like the sound of this at all.   If this is the case then it was definitely a sign of doomsday approaching!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: