Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:47:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Moon Bombing Mess Up!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moon Bombing Mess Up!  (Read 1631 times)
Wind

« on: October 09, 2009, 10:37:34 am »

Mess Up!

Or was it?

Isn’t it convenient that whenever something major is about to happen with NASA something mysteriously goes wrong at the last minute.

I find it awfully hard to believe that a 79 million dollar probe just happened to have a problem with it’s video camera.   With all the latest and greatest breakthroughs in video technology since the days of the Apollo missions you would think that we could get just a few seconds of footage of a probe crashing into the moon.   I guess that’s too much to ask for, or is it?

By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer Seth Borenstein, Ap Science Writer

WASHINGTON – Take that, moon!

NASA smacked two spacecraft into the lunar south pole Friday morning in a search for hidden ice. Instruments confirm that a large empty rocket hull barreled into the moon at 7:31 a.m., followed four minutes later by a probe with cameras taking pictures of the first crash.
But the big live public splash people anticipated didn't quite happen. Screens got fuzz and no immediate pictures of the crash or the six-mile plume of lunar dust that the mission was all about. The public, which followed the crashes on the Internet and at observatories, seemed puzzled.
NASA officials touted loads of data from the probe and telescopes around the world and in orbit. But most of the photos they showed during a Friday morning press conference were from before the crash. The crash photos and videos were few and showed little more than a fuzzy white flash.
Still, NASA scientists were happy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Wind

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 10:38:44 am »

N.A.S.A  Never. A. Straight. Answer

I have to sit here a wonder what the real reason behind all of this has been.  Maybe my answer has been in front of us all along!   Moon Bombing! This is what the press and NASA have been calling it from the very beginning.

I have to ask, was this all for research, or perhaps for some other reason?

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 10:55:50 am »

LONDON, England (CNN) -- (First published October 5, 2007)

Fifty years ago this week, the Soviet Union launched Sputnik, the first man-made satellite, into orbit at the height of the Cold War and ushered in the space age.

Half a century and hundreds of billions of dollars later, the Cold War battle for the cosmos is history but new international rivalries over controlling the final frontier have emerged.
The U.S. plans a manned lunar mission by 2025, but they're not the only country with designs on the moon. After two successful manned-missions into space in 2005, the moon is in China's sights. Japan, the U.S.'s old rivals Russia, and India all have active space programs, with national pride, national security and even commercial gain all at stake.
"There's a mini-space race going on in Asia with Japan, China and even India claiming an interest in sending astronauts to the moon," Bill Read of the Royal Aeronautical Society told CNN.

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 11:10:38 am »

With other nations on their way to the moon could it be that NASA is afraid that they’re going to find something that our government wishes to keep hidden.   Could it be that this mornings impact on the moon was an actual bombing meant to destroy something that NASA didn’t want China to find.

It would sure explain the sudden video malfunction.   (I just knew that all that fancy Digital, High Definition junk wasn’t all it was cracked up to be! LOL)

So if this was in fact an actual bombing, what was it that was destroyed, I say destroyed because that second probe was there to make sure that it was. I’m sure that the good folks at NASA got a wonderful view of the blast. (In Digital High Definition!)

We of course will get some second rate doctored up photos later on, for our viewing enjoyment.
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16:41 am »

Well there goes 79 million down the drain!

The latest:

Initial photos show that the moon didn't give the reaction to the double jabs that NASA expected.

Well that's the end of the story! Nothing more to say!

Yeah Right!
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 11:25:01 am »

Are you sure its a mess up?  NASA released a statement a little while ago stating they got what they needed out of it, but wouldn't state if water was found or not.
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 11:30:48 am »

The last statement I made I quoted from the Associated Press, which supposedly came directly from NASA.

Besides when I said mess up, I meant with the Video footage, not the success of the mission.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:34:23 am by Wind » Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 11:33:32 am »

And here I just heard on the radio a minute ago that things were fine?

Maybe we should check the NASA official site and see what they say on it.
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 11:39:49 am »

This is what NASA has to say.

Post Impact Press Conference
Fri, 09 Oct 2009 06:07:26 AM MDT

The LCROSS Centaur and Spacecraft impacted the moon at approximately 4:30 a.m. PDT. Scientists are reviewing the initial data and will report what they know at a Post Impact News Conference at 7:00 a.m. PDT / 10:00 a.m. EDT on NASA TV.

(What Time is it now?)

The Radio Lies BUHAAHAAHAA Grin  Just Kidding Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:44:05 am by Wind » Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 11:49:18 am »

Yeah, they are going on an hour late, unless they already had it..?

Here is the footage of the moon bombing, it is on this page:

http://www.nasa.gov/home/index.html
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 11:59:16 am »

That is some very impressive footage of nothing, maybe later they’ll add an actual impact to it.
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 12:01:54 pm »

By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer Seth Borenstein, Ap Science Writer – 17 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Take that, moon!

NASA smacked two spacecraft into the lunar south pole Friday morning in a search for hidden ice. Instruments confirm that a large empty rocket hull barreled into the moon at 7:31 a.m., followed four minutes later by a probe with cameras taking pictures of the first crash.

But initial photos show that the moon didn't give the reaction to the double jabs that NASA expected.

And the public definitely didn't get the live explosive views they may have anticipated from the mission called LCROSS, short for Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite.

Screens got fuzz and no immediate pictures of the crash or the six-mile plume of lunar dust that the mission was supposed to kick up for scientists to study. The public, which followed the crashes on the Internet and at observatories, seemed puzzled.

NASA officials touted loads of data from the probe and telescopes around the world and in orbit. But the crash photos and videos they offered at a morning news conference were few and showed little more than a fuzzy white flash.

Still, NASA scientists were happy.
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 12:03:50 pm »

Yeah, they need a narrator to tell us what they think happened.

I guess they care going to tell if there is water by measuring the moon dust kicked up from the blast..?
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 12:07:55 pm »

Screens got fuzz and no immediate pictures of the crash or the six-mile plume of lunar dust that the mission was supposed to kick up for scientists to study.

That footage looked pretty clear to me.  Minus any impact evidence what so ever, I didn't see a six mile high plume of Lunar dust either.
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 12:10:29 pm »

What did you think of their supposed control center at the end of the video, I'm sorry but that whole video looked made up.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 12:11:43 pm by Wind » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: