Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:11:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS airs Oct 7th on History Channel

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS airs Oct 7th on History Channel  (Read 10376 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« on: October 02, 2009, 12:10:54 am »

Smiley According to AOL Television information, The History Channel's show: Mystery Quest’s next new episode is titled “Atlantis” and although originally set to air Oct 8th, (next Thursday), it will actually air Oct. 7th, (next Wednesday) at 7 P.M. and at 11 P.M.  It will also repeat the show on Friday Oct. 9th at 6 P.M. and 10 P.M. 

Now if Bianca was still posting we all would have know that.   But I’m glad I checked because I certainly don’t want to miss THAT episode.  Heck, if we’re in THIS forum, shouldn’t it be REQUIRED viewing, LOL.

Here’s what AOL lists as the synopsis of the episode:

Atlantis: New sonar evidence of underwater structures discovered in the Atlantic Ocean are explored.

And we all know who’s doing the exploring!  Can’t wait to see more of Dr. Greg Little in action.  It’s like having our own “movie star” here at the Forum.   In case you missed it Greg was in an episode last week about the Bermuda Triangle.  Kudos to you Greg!
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 08:23:56 am »

I watched the episode with the Bermuda Triangle and was hoping it was going to be more about the theory that Atlantis was once there (or at least an outpost of Atlantis).  But it was the same old thing about all the missing planes and boats.  Other than that I think it was a pretty good show.
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:35:57 am »

I do believe Dr. Little did say in one of his posts, that the first episode was going to be about the boats and planes.  They filmed several different shows with National Geographic.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Mandy Esser
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 11:19:31 am »

Thanks for the update! They must have moved it up.
Report Spam   Logged
mdsungate

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:45:36 pm »

Smiley    You’re more than welcome Mandy.  Spread the word here at AO. 

Hey Robert0, I really enjoyed the Bermuda Triangle episode.  I’ve been fascinated by the subject ever since Charles Berlitz popularized the subject.  But in some of the online line blogs that come up in a Google search, a lot of people panned the episode, and bashed the History Channel for airing it.  So I’m not sure how the rating went.  But again, I personally loved it.  Wink

Mike

Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 10:32:06 pm »

Smiley   Tomorrow night... 7:00 & 11:00 PM... On the History Channel.... Mystery Quest's episode on Atlantis, ...
       with Dr. Greg Little....    Be there or be square, LOL.    Wink

Mike
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 05:56:06 pm »

Smiley  Greg debuts in five minutes.  Finally!  A show on the History Channel that's actually interesting....on ATLANTIS! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 07:29:55 pm »

Where are you that he debuts in 5 minutes?  I've got to wait another hour and a half and there's no guarantee I'll be getting the same show you do either!!
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 01:33:13 am »

Watching the show.  I wish they wouldn't always include the Minoan/Santorini theme on every Atlantis special. That's the theory preferred by people too disinterested to actually look for it.

To summarize: Santorini was too small, too recent and in the wrong location to be Atlantis.  The island DIDN't have concentric circles, but rather a couple of fingers of land surrounding the island, and they were a passive people, not militaristic like Atlantis was.

Also, the disaster of Santorini did NOT ruin their civilization.  They were still making pottery one hundred years later.

Not to mention, the Santorini disaster has now been moved back to now around 1600 bc.
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 01:49:53 am »

I knew it!  There was something totally different on my History channel tonight.  Something about Africa instead.  I'm sure I'll eventually get the right show, I'll just have to watch for it now.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 05:21:53 am »

I just watched the show and I'm sorry to say that I was not impressed at all.  It was just the same old thing with nothing new.  The Radio Carbon Dating reveled that the stone could not have came from Atlantis and I was looking at Bimini and the surrounding area on Goggle Earth and for the life of me I can't see any trace of the outer ring of the city that was according to Plato 50 Stades in length which is just under 6 miles.  Plus if the area of Bimini and the Bahama Islands were Atlantis would there be evidence on land? 
Report Spam   Logged

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 12:12:38 pm »

I liked it, had some good footage of the Bimini Wall.

I don't think Greg Little places the Atlantis capital in the Bahamas, but somewhere nearer to Cuba...
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 01:32:31 pm »

Plus if the area of Bimini and the Bahama Islands were Atlantis would there be evidence on land?  

That's true! You would think that there'd be some evidence wouldn’t you, it doesn't make sense that there's not.  If the Bahamas had in fact been Atlantis then there should be something still there on one of the islands, but there’s not.  
I think that the Atlantean people who are believed by some to have built the pyramids of Egypt and South America would have left something behind.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 07:16:04 pm »

Perhaps Dr. Little should consider looking elsewhere for Atlantis.  Personally I am in support of Atlantis being in Antarctica.  I wish they would have talked about Antarctica a little more instead of the Santorini/Crete theory.
Report Spam   Logged

Wind

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 02:16:03 am »

I wonder if they’d even be allowed to check out Antarctica, with the government having such a tight grip on it lately. 
Even if Atlantis isn’t there I'm sure that something is, perhaps something big. The secrecy surrounding it isn't all for nothing.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: