Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 02:22:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS airs Oct 7th on History Channel

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS airs Oct 7th on History Channel  (Read 10845 times)
nikas
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 02:25:19 pm »

I'm not going to pretend that I know how to translate ancient Greek but if a word can have a 1,000 different meaning how can you be sure that you are correct.  I'm not trying to a jerk about it so don't take offense.  I'm just saying.  But I did like how you used your translation to only fit your theory.  Clever.

Ok I did explain something Robert but it looks like you didn't go through and read everything that I wrote. I said it has 1,000 meanings but only one meaning with certain words. I said you look at the previews and after word. That's how you determine which is the meaning of that word. Not all words have so many meanings. Certain descriptive words or nouns....

I'm not trying to a jerk about it so don't take offense.  I'm just saying. 

None taken. I like challenges... Grin

But I did like how you used your translation to only fit your theory.  Clever.

First of all, I did not alter anything to my translation. It is others who have done so and mine sound strange. Sometimes the truth(reality) is stranger than fiction. And second the only thing clever about it; the translations 99% correct.

P.S Robert you stated that Antarctica was warm recently and gave some data. I want you to reference them. By whom and when....

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: