Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 03:59:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Viggo Mortensen Says He Is NOT Retiring From Acting! Exclusive Video Interview

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viggo Mortensen Says He Is NOT Retiring From Acting! Exclusive Video Interview  (Read 107 times)
Barringer

« on: September 22, 2009, 11:03:21 pm »

Viggo Mortensen Says He Is NOT Retiring From Acting! Exclusive Video Interview for THE ROAD - TIFF ‘09

by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub 

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Barringer

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 11:04:04 pm »

While I get to interview a lot of people for Collider, I rarely get nervous or excited. But when I found out I’d be speaking with Viggo Mortensen at this year’s Toronto Film Festival for his new movie “The Road”, I was practically jumping up and down like a kid after too much soda. What can I say…I’m a huge fan of this amazing actor and I’d always wanted to meet him. Thankfully, the interview went great and I even got him to address the rumors that he’s retiring from acting. Don’t worry…he isn’t!

But the reason I got to speak with him was for “The Road”, and after the jump you can learn more about the movie and also watch the interview:

If you aren’t familiar with “The Road”, the film is based on Cormac McCarthy’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and it stars Viggo Mortensen, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Charlize Theron, Robert Duvall, and Guy Pearce. The movie takes place in a post-apocalyptic world and it’s a tale of survival of a father (Mortensen) and his young son (Smith-McPhee) as they journey across a barren America that was destroyed by a mysterious cataclysm.

While this is clearly not your typical subject matter from Hollywood, I was absolutely mesmerized by the world director John Hillcoat created and think it’s a powerful film worth seeing when it gets released November 25th. If you’re curious, here’s a link for 5 movie clips you can watch right now. You’ll get a feel for how dark the subject matter is.

Anyway, below is my interview with Viggo. He talks about preparing for the role, does he still get nervous, what was it like on set dealing with this kind of subject matter, and he talks about what else he’s working on. If you’re a fan of this brilliant actor, you’ll love the interview. Take a look:

http://www.collider.com/2009/09/21/viggo-mortensen-says-he-is-not-retiring-from-acting-exclusive-video-interview-for-the-road-tiff-09/
Report Spam   Logged
Barringer

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 11:04:57 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Barringer

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 11:05:44 pm »

http://www.collider.com/2009/09/21/viggo-mortensen-says-he-is-not-retiring-from-acting-exclusive-video-interview-for-the-road-tiff-09/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: