Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:58:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

FBI Informant Says Agents Missed Chance to Stop 9/11 Ringleader Mohammed Atta

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI Informant Says Agents Missed Chance to Stop 9/11 Ringleader Mohammed Atta  (Read 181 times)
New World Order

« on: September 13, 2009, 12:11:12 am »

FBI Informant Says Agents Missed Chance to Stop 9/11 Ringleader Mohammed Atta
Undercover Operative 'One Million Percent Positive' Attacks Could Have Been Prevented
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Whistleblowers/911-ringleader-mohammed-atta-stopped-fbi-informant/story?id=8540605
By BRIAN ROSS and VIC WALTER  Brian Ross Investigative Unit Sept. 10, 2009

On the eve of the eight year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, an FBI informant who infiltrated alleged terrorist cells in the U.S. tells ABC News the FBI missed a chance to stop the al Qaeda plot because they focused more on undercover stings than on the man who would later become known as 9/11 ringleader Mohammed Atta.

In an exclusive interview to be broadcast tonight on ABC World News with Charles Gibson and Nightline, former undercover operative Elie Assaad says he spotted and became suspicious of Atta in early 2001, when he was sent by the FBI to infiltrate a small mosque outside Miami. Atta was there with Adnan Shukrujuman, an al Qaeda fugitive who now has a $5 million U.S. reward on his head.

"There was something wrong with these guys," Assaad, a 36-year-old Catholic native of Lebanon who pretended to be an Islamic extremist, says.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

New World Order

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 12:11:59 am »

FBI told ABC News the agency "declined to comment."

Watch the undercover agent's exclusive interview with Brian Ross tonight on World News with Charles Gibson and Nightline.

According to Assaad, Shukrujumah, whose father ran the mosque, invited the undercover FBI operative to meet him at his home, but the FBI told him to stay away. Instead, Assad says the agency assigned him to set up and sting what he calls wannabe terrorists, ending any hope of infiltrating the real al Qaeda terrorists.

Former national security official Richard Clarke, now an ABC News consultant, said the case is "yet another example of the way the system broke down prior to 9/11."

"If the system had worked," Clarke said, "we might have been able to identify these people before the attacks."

After 9/11
Report Spam   Logged
New World Order

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:12:24 am »

Assaad, who posed as "Mohammed" – a personal representative of Osama bin Laden, says he's a "million percent positive" the 9/11 attacks could have been stopped if the FBI had gone after Atta and Shukrujumah. But because Atta and his men were suspicious of the FBI undercover operative, and secretive, Assaad says his FBI agent handlers sent him after the easier target – two wannabe terrorists whose cases were easy to crack and who were both eventually convicted and sent to prison.

"I was right, I was a hundred percent right," Assaad says of his suspicions. He says that when he learned that Atta was one of the 9/11 hijackers, when the FBI asked if he could identify any of the attackers, he was "very upset, angry" and cried.

"I curse on everybody," Assaad says. "I destroyed half of my furniture. Uh, I went crazy."

The FBI's focus on stings, which Assaad has worked in at least 10 states and overseas since becoming an operative in 1996, are being questioned by many counter-terrorism authorities, who wonder what the true value of the stings are. Since 9/11, the stings have largely targeted people that are more aspirational than operational.
Report Spam   Logged
New World Order

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 12:12:46 am »

"A lot of the cases after 9/11 were manufactured or enormously exaggerated and were announced with great trumpets by the attorney general and the FBI director so that we felt that they were doing something when, in fact, what they were doing was not helpful, not relevant, not needed," said Clarke.

While Assaad's undercover work has been called invaluable by the government in making the U.S. safer and has resulted in successful stings of alleged terrorist cells across the country, defense attorneys call him a master of entrapment against what they consider harmless targets.

After a 2006 sting, then-Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez praised Assaad – who was still unnamed at the time – for disrupting a group preparing a violent attack, resulting in the indictments of seven men on terror charges.

FBI undercover video from the case, obtained by ABC News, shows Assaad leading seven young men from Miami's inner city in a loyalty oath to Osama bin Laden, in which he persuaded them he had been sent by al Qaeda with tens of thousands of dollars to spend on them for weapons and training. The tape shows Assaad , who was working with the South Florida Joint Terrorism Task Force at the time, hugging his targets and welcoming them to al Qaeda.

Another video of a later meeting shows Assaad counting out $1000 for the leader of the Miami group.

After three trials, including two mistrials, five of the seven men were convicted.
Report Spam   Logged
New World Order

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 12:13:10 am »

Alleged Law Enforcement Entrapment

Defense lawyers including attorney Richard Houlihan, who represented Naudimar Herrera – one of the two men who were found not guilty, called the case a classic example of law enforcement entrapment.

"Without [Assaad's] performance, none of this would have happened," Houlihan told ABC News. "He's dealing with seven basically inner-city kids from Liberty City. Poor, uneducated, looking for money."

Herrera said he and the others played along with Assaad because of the financial incentives promised by him.

"He was like, "Oh your name here. You say your name here." It was more like, it was more like a movie script," Herrera told ABC News. He said that anyone "blind about greed" would be "vulnerable to [Assaad's] intelligence."

Assaad said some tactics – like suggesting targets, as he did in this case with FBI offices in Miami – are necessary in undercover stings.

"Sometimes you have to see…what he's willing to do….what's he's capable of doing," says Assaad of suspected terrorists.

"When you are working undercover," Assaad says, "your job is to lie."
Report Spam   Logged
New World Order

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 12:14:37 am »

911 - Cbc Conspiracy Files: "the Third Tower" - Video aired on CBC the other night:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=90...29593250&hl=fr#
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=7059&st=0

In this video, Richard Clarke is actually says that the "government couldn't keep secrets like that".
Report Spam   Logged
New World Order

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 12:15:19 am »

Informant says FBI threw away chance to catch alleged 9/11 plotter

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/09/10/informant-says-fbi-threw-away-chance-to-catch-alleged-911-plotter/
Published: September 10, 2009

A Lebanon-native who pretended to be an Islamic extremist at the behest of American authorities claims that the FBI took him off the trail of alleged 9/11 plotter Mohammed Atta right as a window of opportunity opened to catch him.

Were it not for the FBI’s action, the informant says he is “one million percent positive” the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks could have been prevented.

The claims are part of an ABC News report, set to air on Thursday’s editions of World News Tonight and Nightline.

An advance story published on ABC’s Web site notes:

[36-year-old Elie] Assaad, who posed as ‘Mohammed’ – a personal representative of Osama bin Laden, says he’s a “million percent positive” the 9/11 attacks could have been stopped if the FBI had gone after Atta and Shukrujumah. But because Atta and his men were suspicious of the FBI undercover operative, and secretive, Assaad says his FBI agent handlers sent him after the easier target – two wannabe terrorists whose cases were easy to crack and who were both eventually convicted and sent to prison.

“I was right, I was a hundred percent right,” Assaad says of his suspicions. He says that when he learned that Atta was one of the 9/11 hijackers, when the FBI asked if he could identify any of the attackers, he was “very upset, angry” and cried.

The network also notes criticism of Assaad by defense attorneys for men who they say he entrapped.

But the informant dismisses the knocks to his credibility. “When you are working undercover, your job is to lie,” he told ABC.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 12:16:21 am by New World Order » Report Spam   Logged
New World Order

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 12:17:25 am »

CORE OF CORRUPTION
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4874421830690006054
Report Spam   Logged
New World Order

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 12:18:21 am »

Statement from the website http://coreofcorruption.com
--

Statement from the Writer, Director

Hello everyone!

This is Jonathan Elinoff.   I just wanted to post to let everyone know that I am currently working hard at the next 2 Core of Corruption films which we will be releasing soon at the same time.  That is right, the second and third films in the five part series will come out at the same time together.

I am also working on releasing a side project in the next few weeks called “The Mad Divide: A Film About the Right/Left Paradigm.”

I am also launching some new websites soon so keep checking back with me!  I will be re-doing the Core of Corruption website soon so it might change around and I will begin to post on a regular basis.

I have a frequent newsletter that I send out every other day or so with the top stories around the world that you won’t hear in the mainstream.  If you want on that list, please email me at CoreOfCorruption@gmail.com and tell me in the email that you want to be added to that list.  Say hi once in a while too, I am always looking for a chat or a good debate.

The 2nd film will address a deeper investigation into what Al-Qaeda is, its history, and its relationship with the CIA.  The role of any American Government employees in 9/11, if any, will be looked into, which I have a unique angle on that has not been analyzed.  The 3rd film will explore the history of something we discover in the 2nd film, drug and gun running.  The history of the black market and money laundering is intimately connected with other convenient CIA connected past conspiracies that all together encompass a complete theme, the politicians responses to these events. By this point it will begin to make sense to everyone.  This point, after the 3rd film, is that those who were behind 9/11 from all sides, represent something much larger than any 1 nation.  They are an international entity, something that has been slowly building over the years, more like a private club, that decides more than people would probably believe, and that suspect, as a whole, is who probably carried out the attacks.  This collective group of interests, as many have given their explanations on, has many motives and the reality is, they will come from the shadows and into the light, as I believe, as the positions of a new international mechanism.  Now with that said, when you look at these people, they already are in an international mechanism, one that is taking over the world through banking and business.  9/11 was the start of something much greater than most people understand.  It trully was a mass transformation of global politics and the way the Western World would view itself and each other, for the rest of time.

I leave you with the Title Teaser for the next Core of Corruption film, Echoes of Treason!
Report Spam   Logged
New World Order

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 12:19:09 am »

Excerpt from February 5, 2001:

Report Spam   Logged
New World Order

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 12:25:31 am »

Jack Blood interviews Richard Andrew Grove, an AIG insider and whistleblower:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6546044203900048624
Report Spam   Logged
New World Order

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 12:26:30 am »