Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:35:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SUPREME COURT POISED TO UNLEASH FLOOD OF CORPORATE CASH

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPREME COURT POISED TO UNLEASH FLOOD OF CORPORATE CASH  (Read 91 times)
Jill Danko

« on: September 08, 2009, 11:35:01 am »

SUPREME COURT POISED TO UNLEASH FLOOD OF CORPORATE CASH

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jill Danko

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:36:52 am »

LobbyBlog

First Posted: 09- 8-09 10:30 AM   |   Updated: 09- 8-09 11:25 AM
Report Spam   Logged
Jill Danko

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 11:37:05 am »

We're blogging about the wide world of lobbying. Email thoughts and tips to huffpostlobbywatch@gmail.com. Because some people look at laws and ask, why not? We're looking at laws and asking, who paid for them?

September 8, 2009

SUPREME COURT COULD USHER UNPRECEDENTED SPECIAL INTEREST ERA The Supreme Court could loosen restrictions on the influence of money in politics after it hears Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission on Wednesday.

In an editorial on Sunday, the New York Times said that if the Supreme Court strikes down the longstanding rule that corporations can't spend directly on federal elections, it will usher in an era of labor unions and big business essentially deciding who gets elected and what they do in office:

If corporations are allowed to spend from their own treasuries on elections -- rather than through political action committees, which take contributions from company employees -- it would usher in an unprecedented age of special-interest politics.
Who might benefit from that? Republicans, reports Politico.

The case challenges decades of restrictions on corporations and unions spending unlimited cash on advocacy and advertising. Campaign finance experts predict that the court's conservative majority might expand the types of ads corporations and unions can purchase.

From Politico:

Depending on the contours of the decision, sources familiar with the political and legal strategies of unions, major Washington advocacy groups and trade associations expect a deluge of new spending in the 2010 and 2012 elections that likely would most benefit Republicans, since for-profit corporations and their non-profit advocacy groups tend to lean right and have more money at their disposals than unions, which typically support Democrats.

Report Spam   Logged
Jill Danko

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 11:37:47 am »

-- Jenna Staul

ABRAMOFF LOBBYIST GOES ON TRIAL The Associated Press reports that a member of the Jack Abramoff lobbying team will go before a grand jury Tuesday to face federal corruption charges.

Prosecutors accuse Kevin Ring, 38, of taking part in an illegal pay-to-play scheme, giving away trips, dinners and tickets to concerts and professional sports in exchange for favorable treatment from federal officials.

The case is seen as putting the lobbying profession --- and its trappings --- on trial.
Ring, who is charged with ten felonies, said he was using traditional lobbying tactics to build influence, according to the Associated Press.

More here.

--Jenna Staul

CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TO LAUNCH AD BLITZ The U.S. Chamber of Commerce will counter the Obama administration's financial-regulation reform plans with a $2 million advertising campaign, the Wall Street Journal reports.

The ads, which will first run in Washington-area newspapers, target the proposed Consumer Financial Protection Agency. The agency would have the authority to regulate mortgages and credit cards, ban certain practices and require financial firms to offer loans in more simplistic terms.

The Chamber's goal is twofold: move the spotlight off the unpopular commercial banks and mortgage lenders that are the target of the legislation and muster a roster of more sympathetic opponents.

"We want to go beyond the usual suspects to show how overreaching this is," said Amanda Engstrom, a senior vice president at the Chamber who created the lobbying and advertising campaign.

More here

-- Jenna Staul

HELL OF A LOT OF PARTIES THIS WEEK Now that Congress is back, it's time to party. With lobbyists, that is.

The nonpartisan Sunlight Foundation has invitations to no fewer than 11 fundraising events on Tuesday and Wednesday, including a "Dove Hunt" in honor of Rep. Rob Wittmann (R-Va.).

-- Arthur Delaney

Click here for past LobbyBlog entries.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 01:32:23 pm »

How about Obama's Birth Certificate ??

They too busy saving their Bilder-buddies to follow the Constitution ??

I guess so.   Angry Angry Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 07:11:30 pm »

Get over it and just let it go.  He's the President.  Move on with your life. 
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 11:15:38 pm »

Get over it and just let it go.  He's the President.  Move on with your life. 

No !!!!!!!!!  There's this document called the US Constitution and I am sick of them ignoring it on the Federal level.  Just cuz you went to a public school and are incapable of understanding this, it's on you.

If that's the case who is to say anything when you get locked up for no reason.  Oh I guess Habeus-Corpus doesn't matter either, hell if you are going to scrap one part of the US Constitution why not scrap everything.

Idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!    Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 12:12:03 am »

People have brought cases regarding this Birth Certificate to the Supreme Court and every time they throw it out.  When are you people going to get it through your thick heads that it's B.S.  I more than capable of understanding the situation.  I guess I'm just smarter than you are.

MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Report Spam   Logged

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 01:17:29 am »

How about Obama's Birth Certificate ??

They too busy saving their Bilder-buddies to follow the Constitution ??

I guess so.   Angry Angry Angry

First, you birthers have no standing.

Second, all fifty times before, the lawsuits have been thrown out of court.

You may have convinced yourself that you hasve "proof," Volitzer, but the rest of the world thinks you Birthers are NUTS.
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 01:18:46 am »

Attorney Orly Taitz sanctioned $20,000 by U.S. District Court Judge Clay Land
BY ALAN RIQUELMY - ariquelmy@ledger-enquirer.com

In an order today, California attorney Orly Taitz has been sanctioned $20,000 by U.S. District Court Judge Clay Land � double the amount he said he was considering.

�While the Court derives no pleasure from its imposition of sanctions upon counsel Orly Taitz, it likewise has no reservations about the necessity of doing so,� Land states. �A clearer case could not exist; a weaker message would not suffice.�

Land gave Taitz two weeks from Sept. 18 to show cause why he should not sanction her for filing a motion for emergency stay in a lawsuit he called �frivolous.� On the deadline, Taitz filed a motion for an extension of time.

* Read Judge Land's Order

�When a lawyer files complaints and motions without a reasonable basis for believing that they are supported by existing law or a modification or extension of existing law, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law,� Land writes. �When a lawyer uses the courts as a platform for a political agenda disconnected from any legitimate legal cause of action, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer personally attacks opposing parties and disrespects the integrity of the judiciary, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer recklessly accuses a judge of violating the judicial code of conduct with no supporting evidence beyond her dissatisfaction with the judge�s rulings, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law, that lawyer ceases to advance her cause or the ends of justice.

�Regrettablly, the conduct of counsel Orly Taitz has crossed these lines, and Ms. Taitz must be sanctioned for her misconduct,� the judge continues.

Land gave Taitz 30 days from today to pay, adding that if she fails to, the U.S. Attorney �will be authorized to commence collection proceedings.�

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/breaking_news/story/872153.html
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 12:33:34 am »

People have brought cases regarding this Birth Certificate to the Supreme Court and every time they throw it out.  When are you people going to get it through your thick heads that it's B.S.  I more than capable of understanding the situation.  I guess I'm just smarter than you are.

MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

The Judges are totally NWO in Obama's corner just like Hitler ran the courts in Nazi Germany.

This is why so many states are refusing to follow any Federal laws the infringe on the 10th Amendment.

You don't comprehend 'natural-born' and you claim you are smarter than me.   Roll Eyes

Of course it is much better for you liberals to just feel good about yourselves no matter how wrong you are proven to be.   Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 12:49:39 am »

Volitzer,

Who says anyone was proven wrong? You have a scratchy recording of a woman who may or may not be Obama's Granny (who doesn't know English well), probably misunderstanding the question of where Obama was born at.

And that's all you have. 

In the meantime, everyone else who says Obama was born in the U.S. is supposed to be lying.  Do you know how crazy that all sounds?  The whole thing is built on wishful thinking.

Jennifer
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 07:36:24 am »

So Volitzer let me get this straight.  Everyone that doesn't agree with you or anyone else that thinks like you are with the NWO?  I do know what "natural born" mean and i don't think I'm smarter than you...  I KNOW I am. 
Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 12:09:09 am »

Volitzer,

Who says anyone was proven wrong? You have a scratchy recording of a woman who may or may not be Obama's Granny (who doesn't know English well), probably misunderstanding the question of where Obama was born at.

And that's all you have. 

In the meantime, everyone else who says Obama was born in the U.S. is supposed to be lying.  Do you know how crazy that all sounds?  The whole thing is built on wishful thinking.

Jennifer

Then why doesn't Obama just show his Birth Certificate and just shut everyone the hell up then ??  Why is he shelling out millions in lawyers and probably bribing Judges to "dismiss" this case when the US Constitution says clearly 'natural-born'.

Simple Answer:  Cuz he and the Judges are card carrying NWO members hell bent on destroying the Constitution and America.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: