Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:33:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Khalid Sheik Mohammed's Original Confession to 9/11

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khalid Sheik Mohammed's Original Confession to 9/11  (Read 204 times)
Ravenwood

« on: September 07, 2009, 03:52:13 am »

During the 70 minutes on camera he referred to Osama bin Laden as "Sheikh Abu Abdullah", sometimes "Sheikh Osama" or simply "the Sheikh", but always in the present tense, and always praying to Allah to protect him. Once, though, he made what I thought was a slip of the tongue, referring to him in the past tense.

After the interview Khalid went off to another room and came back with a small box. "This is for you," he said as he opened the box and started to hand me some CD-roms and mini cassettes, including a will made by one of the September 11 hijackers, a documentary on what Khalid called the "new crusades" and a video of the beheading of the Wall Street Journal's reporter Daniel Pearl.

He said he wanted me to distribute the tapes to western news agencies, adding quizzically: "Especially the French."

When Ramzi bin al-Shibh was arrested on the first anniversary of their "finest hour", September 11, I was surprised. I am shocked by the unceremonious arrest of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. The man who planned and orchestrated the most sophisticated act of terror in history can, it seems, make mistakes.

I believe that he was sold out rather than hunted down. The manner of his fall tells us less about the bravery of the Pakistanis or the cleverness of the Americans - the official view - than about the disruption that has shaken the heart of al-Qaida. His place, however, will soon be claimed by more than one new "mastermind". Given the boiling emotions in the Arab and Muslim world at present, they will be hailed.

· Yosri Fouda is the chief investigative reporter for al-Jazeera channel. His book Masterminds of Terror, with Nick Fielding, will be published shortly by Mainstream Publishing

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/mar/04/alqaida.terrorism
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: