Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:14:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Michael Moore's "Capitalism: A Love Story" Premieres In Venice To Great Reviews

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Moore's "Capitalism: A Love Story" Premieres In Venice To Great Reviews  (Read 593 times)
Alexandra Engelkhorne

« on: September 07, 2009, 12:26:52 am »

Moore said he considered himself a proxy for the "millions of Americans who would like to be placing crime scene tape around Wall Street."

The filmmaker is optimistic that unimagined change can happen, citing the unexpected fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, and Nelson Mandela's election as the president of South Africa after 27 years in prison for his anti-apartheid activism.

"There are many things that have happened in the last 20 years that are just utterly surprising, so that I now believe anything can happen. People can revolt in good ways."

Moore said his expose on the health care system, "Sicko," helped trigger "a national debate about why we are the only Western industrialized country that does not have universal health care."

While "Capitalism" has a strong political message, Moore said his main purpose is to entertain with a film that "makes you laugh a little, or cry, or think. I am happy with all those results.

But he acknowledges that his mass appeal allows him to reach even nonbelievers, a luxury enjoyed by few on the left.

"I am going to use that position to try to communicate not just to the church of the left but to the average, everyday American who wants to go see a good movie, and maybe gets something out of it at the same time."

"Capitalism: A Love Story" is competing for the Golden Lion, which will be awarded Sept. 12.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: