Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:28:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Castles with Ghosts

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Castles with Ghosts  (Read 911 times)
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 05:19:35 pm »

Dunrobin Castle, Sutherland & Caithness
The upper floor of the castle is said to be haunted by the daughter of the 14th Earl. She had been imprisoned in the attic by her father for her wrong doings. She tried to escape from a window, but fell to her death.
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 05:19:52 pm »

Duntrune Castle, Argyll & Dunbartonshire
Coll Macdonnell had a personal score to settle with the Campbells of Duntrune. As Coll approached the castle, a piper played a warning tune. Coll turned back. The Campbells cut off the piper's hands. A handless skeleton was later found at the castle, and pipe music can still be heard in the castle.
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 05:20:12 pm »

Hermitage Castle, Borders
A neighboring chief sent a group of goodwill ambassadors to Hermitage to propose cessation of their long feud. The lord promptly put the men into a small room without food or water. All the men died and their ghosts still stalk the ruins.

http://www.castles-of-britain.com/castle94.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 05:23:35 pm »

"This photo was taken in Scotland by some friends of my sister while they were touring an old castle," says Bill Eagan. "Look over the shoulder to the right of the people hugging. Best image at 200%. What do you think? Looks like a ghost of a small boy to me."
http://paranormal.about.com/b/2009/08/22/reader-photo-castle-child-ghost.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2009, 05:32:33 pm »

Investigation into world famous Castle ghost
By Richard Wiseman

Hauntings investigation
By Richard Wiseman

The Hauntings event seemed to go very well yesterday, and my thanks to all of the speakers and delegates who made it such an enjoyable experience. As part of the event, we announced the findings of our investigation into the now world-famous Castle ghost image…..

A few days before the event , Christopher Aitchison (the guy who took the original photograph), Caroline Watt (Edinburgh Uni), Alex Pryce (Edinburgh Skeptics Society), and I ventured out to Tantallon Castle to see if we could re-create the image.

Chris brought along the same camera that he had used to take the original picture and, after much experimentation, we managed to find exactly where he had been standing. By chance, the lighting conditions were almost identical to those in May 06, when the ‘ghost’ pic was snapped (as shown by the sunlight in the photos below).

We had wondered whether the ‘face’ might be a strange reflection from the rock wall at the back of the opening. It’s not. There is a large doorway to the left of the opening and at this time of year the sunlight streams in. However, it does not reflect off the back wall and there is no artificial lighting in that part of the Castle.

We also looked at the possibility of the image simply being a tourist who had wandered into the shot. There is a bit of a strange optical effect going on. Although the opening appears dark from the ground, the sunlight reflects off light coloured surfaces located in certain positions, and so gives the impression of them being illuminated in a rather strange way.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 05:33:49 pm by Jennifer Janusiak » Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 05:35:08 pm »

Here is a pic of the inside of the opening to give you an idea of what it is like up there….

Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 05:35:36 pm »

Photo copyright Christopher Aitchison

I stood in loads of different places in the opening and Chris took endless shots. The original photograph, and the best of our attempts to replicate it, are shown below…

Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 05:35:57 pm »

I think it is a pretty good likeness. In fact, some people at the Hauntings event suggested that I looked stranger than the original ‘ghost’. Thanks for that.

In the pic on the right I am standing on a step at the back of the opening and wearing a dark jacket.

The bottom line is that the image could be the result of someone standing in the opening. It’s a long way up, and so wouldn’t be surprising if Chris hadn’t noticed someone there when he took his pic.

Obviously, it doesn’t rule out the possibility of the original image being a genuine ghost, but does provide a possible non-paranormal explanation. You pays your money and you takes your choice.
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 05:36:40 pm »

Here is the team….

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: