Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:29:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Winchester House

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Winchester House  (Read 2053 times)
Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 11:45:46 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

"Forever let this place be a cry of despair and a warning to humanity, where the Nazis murdered about a million and a half men, women and children, mainly Jews, from various countries in Europe."

Auschwitz-Birkenau, 1940-1945
Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 11:47:25 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

"Forever let this place be a cry of despair and a warning to humanity, where the Nazis murdered about a million and a half men, women and children, mainly Jews, from various countries in Europe."

Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 11:48:46 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2007, 11:50:12 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 11:52:05 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2007, 01:13:34 pm »

Nice work!
Report Spam   Logged
Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2007, 01:38:10 am »

Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

nativechick1996

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2015, 03:11:25 am »

Has anyone ever been there? I want to go so bad.
Report Spam   Logged
Undefined Innocence

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2015, 03:13:51 am »

I haven't been there. I HAVE seen documentaries of that house. I would love to go, myself.
Report Spam   Logged
Elements of the Eternal Soul
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2015, 03:15:38 am »

Ive been able to visit this mansion twice. As far as mansions go, it is fantastic. As far as paranormal activity goes, I wasn't impressed. Not that i don't think its possible that this place is haunted, but I didnt experience anything. Also didnt get that weird "vibe" I usually get in a place that has activity. Like the Barton mansion, for instance. I got the creepiest, spine tingling feelings when I visited there. The house just felt unwelcoming. Almost angry that we were there.

The Winchester house is creepy in its own right. I think largely due to its randomness. I wouldnt mind going back again.
Report Spam   Logged
Okane

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2015, 03:17:31 am »

I am hoping someone here will have additional information on the Winchester Mystery House. I had an acquaintance in the Navy give me his opinion on it one time. According to him the house was actually the result of the late Mrs. Winchester not wanting the people working on the house to be out of a job. His story was that she had hired workers to build onto the house but the local economy had been poor and many of the workers didn't know if they could find work when the job was complete. Mrs. Winchester began making up additional construction to prevent them from being unemployed. Later as she grew older and began getting senile was when she turned heavily to spiritualism, began seeing ghosts, and began to believe that the ghosts were pursuing her from room to room.

Can anyone corroborate this story?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: