Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 12:30:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

History of Humanity

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: History of Humanity  (Read 4546 times)
Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2009, 05:28:46 pm »

1,379 B.C. - Amenophis IV [Akhenaton] Rules�Egypt - "According to popular history, Amenophis IV who ruled Egypt from 1379-1362 B.C. is the first person we know [as a historic figure and not as a legend] who was a monotheist and believed in a single God - in his case, the Sun-God, or Aton. He renamed himself Akhenaton ['servent of Aton'] and founded a new capital between Memphis and Thebes which is called Akhetaton ['place of power of Aton']."

1,375 B.C. - Suppiluliumas I / Hittites - "Suppiluliumas I rules [1375-1334 B.C.] the Hittites."

1,375 B.C. - Status / Palestine - "North Palestine was invaded by the Phoenicians and then the Hittite around 1375 B.C. The rest of Palestine stayed under the Egyptian control. The Egyptian Pharaohs Siti I then Rameses II managed to expel the Hittites from Palestine." �Link: 1��

1,374 B.C. - Mussilish II / Hittites - "Mussilish II,�the son of Suppiluliumas I, rules [1334-1306 B.C.] the Hittites."

1,362 B.C. - Tutankhamen Rules Egypt - "The sun-in-law of Akhenaton, Tutankhamen, rules Egypt from 1362-1352 B.C., a time in which the old religion was restored. The tumb of Tutankhamen was discovered, intact, in 1922."

1,339�B.C. - Uranus-Pluto Conjunction -

1,320 B.C. - Ramesses / Egypt - "The first pharaoh named Ramesses came to the throne only in 1,320 BCE - more than a century after the traditional Biblical date. As a result, many scholars have tended to dismiss the literal value of the Biblical dating." [The Bible Unearthed, Israel Finkelstein & Neil Asher Silberman, p. 56]

Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: