Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:08:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

PILLARS OF HERCULES, FINALLY FOUND!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PILLARS OF HERCULES, FINALLY FOUND!!!  (Read 6517 times)
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 01:25:49 pm »

Brig, Smiley and Docyabut are about his only three fans in the English-speaking world.  That's really pitiful when you think about it.
Report Spam   Logged
Tristan
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 01:36:14 pm »

They are a majority of four, and all the rest of the world are laughing at them!  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

"The rain in Spain brings madness & mediocrity."
nikas
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 04:13:53 pm »

They are a majority of four, and all the rest of the world are laughing at them!  Angry

Well I think you're wrong at this point. I am not laughing  Roll Eyes...anymore. I am past that stage. I am feeling sorry for them.... Grin

It's a shame though, it used to be a nice forum.
Report Spam   Logged
Brigster

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 10:00:58 pm »

Its still a nice forum. Folks looking for Georgeos know where to find him - at Atlantis Rising not here.
Report Spam   Logged
Brigster

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 10:03:33 pm »

Tristan, your signature is offensive. You should change it.  I seem to recall us telling you to do that when you were at Atlantis Rising.  If you were still using it, you'd be banned from AR, just like Nikas, Byron and some of the others here with their sour grapes.

Report Spam   Logged
Brigster

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 10:05:57 pm »

Nikas, Georgeos proved you wrong at AR again and again.  If you can't compete with the man on a research level, don't blame me. At AR, we know when a fella has put his time in and has a sound theory and when he hasn't.  Don't ask me, ask Smiley and Docyabut if you don't believe me.
Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 08:03:36 am »

Dear nikas,

I have to disagree with you when you say:

if the Pillars are in Iberia why would it take only 12 hours for Ibiza – Iberia  and 72  hours pillars-Ibiza? So if the pillars  are in Iberia  then why one in ancient times would travel 60 hours from Iberia  to the pillars?

If measured properly there is a great distance, between the point where Spain begins, in the Mediterrenean Sea Coast, to the Pillars of Hercules....  so it is really a relative measure not only because Spain is a huge Country, but also, If you donīt have the exact coordinates, distances can vary a lot even within a same Country.

http://www.louiscruises.com/images/map_aquamarine_7day.jpg
http://www.harpercollege.edu/~mhealy/geogres/maps/mmgif/iberia.gif
regards,
Mario Dantas

Report Spam   Logged

nikas
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 08:31:22 am »

Tristan, your signature is offensive. You should change it.  I seem to recall us telling you to do that when you were at Atlantis Rising.  If you were still using it, you'd be banned from AR, just like Nikas, Byron and some of the others here with their sour grapes.

You're such a liar Brigg. I was never Banned, I left the site because I couldn't stand you guys. I allready explained that to you but you still live thwe fantasy....

Bring me a cope of the message where I was banned. and don't try to modify anything....

Let's see who's the liar here.

Its still a nice forum. Folks looking for Georgeos know where to find him - at Atlantis Rising not here.

Well he is not there Brigg...His last message was actually at this forum. He hasn't been at AR since march. And before that he wasn't there for few more months. He returned on march just to fight with that Mike guy and then left again....ahahahahahahahaha

I can't believe, even george can't stand the siteeeeee....  Grin

If I want to go back in there I could just open a new account. I am just not interested. I go there once in while,as a visitor, and check things out but never interested to comment on anything.

Nikas, Georgeos proved you wrong at AR again and again.  If you can't compete with the man on a research level, don't blame me. At AR, we know when a fella has put his time in and has a sound theory and when he hasn't.  Don't ask me, ask Smiley and Docyabut if you don't believe me.

He proved me wrong? On what? the only thing we discussed was the WORD "PRO TOU" which is something I use in everyday life. He was telling me that it means in front of from outside. George is trying to teach me my language. An ignorant that can;t learn english could tell me what pro tou is used for?

I can't compete with him on a research level? I am a phd guy and he never finished High school, (you know that he never finished high school..I found out that he failed all the time  Wink)

I have to ask you, Smiley, Doc? You mean the charlatans? I was explaining to George that he was wrong and he comes back to me and starts offending me and telling me I am an Ignorant e.t.c and you guys never read my stuff bc you're so in love with him. Now, I have to ask you? Brigg, Get a life my friend.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:38:34 am by nikas » Report Spam   Logged
nikas
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 08:44:28 am »

Dear nikas,

I have to disagree with you when you say:

if the Pillars are in Iberia why would it take only 12 hours for Ibiza – Iberia  and 72  hours pillars-Ibiza? So if the pillars  are in Iberia  then why one in ancient times would travel 60 hours from Iberia  to the pillars?

If measured properly there is a great distance, between the point where Spain begins, in the Mediterrenean Sea Coast, to the Pillars of Hercules....  so it is really a relative measure not only because Spain is a huge Country, but also, If you donīt have the exact coordinates, distances can vary a lot even within a same Country.

http://www.louiscruises.com/images/map_aquamarine_7day.jpg
http://www.harpercollege.edu/~mhealy/geogres/maps/mmgif/iberia.gif
regards,
Mario Dantas

Mario, that's the problem with your thinking, you think in modern times. Iberia wasn't as big as today Spain? Don't forget that Spain became Spain only 400-500 years ago when it became like an empire. And you're missing the point; Pillars are suposse to be in Iberia, why would he use both for reference? Unless the pillars are far way.

It's the same as saying 1 day from NY and 3 days from USA. It doesn't make sence.

The paragraphs proves once and for all that Pillars weren't in Gibraltar.

Think this way; Pillars are the end of the world for Greeks. Now, the Island of HADES...the underword gate is near Sardinia. So the pillars have to be there too. the gates are the entrance to the Underworld.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:45:18 am by nikas » Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 10:08:27 am »

Dear Nikas,

All i can say is that i respect your opinion. But when people start to look for the Pillars other than in Gibraltar it is because nothing was found in front of the strait... You have to remember why so many theorists make this proposition. Atlantis wasnīt found near or in front of the Pillars, so Atlantis including the pillars had to be somewhere else. That is the main reason why the original Atlantis coordinates were mixed-up, and why many theories propose a different Atlantic, Pillars of Hercules and Atlantis alltogether. Think about it, only the modern theories assume a different location for the Pillars, because their predecessors simply didnīt find any evidence of Atlantis in the Atlantic Ocean.

regards,
Mario Dantas
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 02:19:11 pm by Mario Dantas » Report Spam   Logged

nikas
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 04:05:12 pm »

Dear Nikas,

All i can say is that i respect your opinion. But when people start to look for the Pillars other than in Gibraltar it is because nothing was found in front of the strait... You have to remember why so many theorists make this proposition. Atlantis wasnīt found near or in front of the Pillars, so Atlantis including the pillars had to be somewhere else. That is the main reason why the original Atlantis coordinates were mixed-up, and why many theories propose a different Atlantic, Pillars of Hercules and Atlantis alltogether. Think about it, only the modern theories assume a different location for the Pillars, because their predecessors simply didnīt find any evidence of Atlantis in the Atlantic Ocean.

regards,
Mario Dantas

You're wrong Mario, It's the modern theorists that think the pillars are in Gibraltar. I read ancient greek and I find no reference what soever that says that. The pillars were somewhere near Sardinia. and to add that at the time of Plato they didn't know excactly where they were. So if Plato and his "friends" don't know for sure how can we be certain that they're in Gibraltar?

How can you excpect greeks to know about the Atlantic? Do you know how far is Gibraltar from Greece? It's over a month with an old ancient ship, plus no real navigations and gps-ses. you have to understand that at that time there was no refrigarater to keep food for a month in a ship.
Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 06:05:48 pm »

Nikas,

What i meant is that undoubtedly the earlier readers of Critias didnīt think of Atlantis in any other Ocean than the Atlantic Ocean, why would they? Regarding the impossibility of making such long trip, i would remember you that they didnīt necessarily need to do a non-stop voyage, they certainly would make a travel by following the Coast, and supplying ships accordingly with their necessities. If there were any other nation capable of long trips around the African Continent or from the Nordic regions managed to make it all the way Eastwards as far as Egypt, i would assume that advanced nations as Greece was earlier on, truly one of the greatest world power, unquestionably had the knowledge that the African Continent almost "touches" Europe at a place called the pillars of Hercules. Where Hercules and Atlas met, exchanging the skies... you have to agree that Mythology is on the "purists" side, otherwise, why would they give it so much importance? I have to tell you that the Greeks were much more intelligent than some think... The fact that Solon is told that they Greeks were the ones fighting back the Atlanteans should make us believe that those werenīt ordinary troops but perhaps "the" most experienced and valiant at the time Atlantis attacked by Sea the whole known world. I ask how could they not know of it? How come a nation creates such a myth around a specific geographical place and doesnīt know where that place is located? what do you say about the proximity of the Atlas range in the North of Africa? Why would they exactly name it Atlas?

regards,
Mario Dantas
Report Spam   Logged

nikas
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 08:52:37 pm »

Nikas,

What i meant is that undoubtedly the earlier readers of Critias didnīt think of Atlantis in any other Ocean than the Atlantic Ocean, why would they? Regarding the impossibility of making such long trip, i would remember you that they didnīt necessarily need to do a non-stop voyage, they certainly would make a travel by following the Coast, and supplying ships accordingly with their necessities. If there were any other nation capable of long trips around the African Continent or from the Nordic regions managed to make it all the way Eastwards as far as Egypt, i would assume that advanced nations as Greece was earlier on, truly one of the greatest world power, unquestionably had the knowledge that the African Continent almost "touches" Europe at a place called the pillars of Hercules. Where Hercules and Atlas met, exchanging the skies... you have to agree that Mythology is on the "purists" side, otherwise, why would they give it so much importance? I have to tell you that the Greeks were much more intelligent than some think... The fact that Solon is told that they Greeks were the ones fighting back the Atlanteans should make us believe that those werenīt ordinary troops but perhaps "the" most experienced and valiant at the time Atlantis attacked by Sea the whole known world. I ask how could they not know of it? How come a nation creates such a myth around a specific geographical place and doesnīt know where that place is located? what do you say about the proximity of the Atlas range in the North of Africa? Why would they exactly name it Atlas?

regards,
Mario Dantas

Ok let me make it easy for you. I will give you few points why the pillars can't be in Gibraltar.

1) The pillars of hercules they're talking about are of Plato's time not Atlantis. I am not saying for sure but they do not say at the time of Atlantis but what you greeks call. Which means now!!! so around 600 b.c.  Now, around 600 B.C Greeks arleady knew of Iberia and even mentioned Iberia few time on the writtings of the time. So if they know Iberia why wouldn't they say so? Why wouldn;'t they make it easy for the listener by saying atlantis was in Iberia?!

2) Plato statee that the island was before you reach not after. It is people like george who changes the meaning of PRO TOU (Before/just before). So if the pillars were in Gibraltar then Atlantis is within inside in the west MED SEa. We know that there is nothing there.

3) Plato stated that the Island got submerged and subdued. That's a fact and we can't paly around. And the priest stated that is now underwater. So it has been under water from 9,600 B.C to at least 600 B.C when he is telling the story. Iberia and Greenland don't qualify!!!

4) He said facing the country named Gadiron/Gades which has nothing to do with CADIZ but with the famous Egadi island west of Sicily.

5) He said in the Atlantikou Pelagos (Atlantis Sea) not Ocean. the Ocean was called panpelagos and Plato even mentiones the Ocean when he narates.

I can go on for ever Mario for ever. there is not a single point that points toward Gibraltar. People have to stop think like moderns today. Yes greeks were very intelligent, maby more intelligent than us today...but their geography sucked!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Brigster

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 10:05:05 pm »

Nikas, its pretty clear that your "research" is simply a parade of character attacks on Georgeos and people who like him, like Docyabut and Smiley. Its no wonder that Georgeos considers it beneath him to debate you. Its also pretty clear you are jealous of him and his accomplishments! 
Report Spam   Logged
nikas
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2009, 07:18:00 am »

Nikas, its pretty clear that your "research" is simply a parade of character attacks on Georgeos and people who like him, like Docyabut and Smiley. Its no wonder that Georgeos considers it beneath him to debate you. Its also pretty clear you are jealous of him and his accomplishments! 

I give up on you Brigg. If by this age you haven't learned wha research means, I doubt you would NOW!!! And to correct you George considers everyone one beneath him, it's the attitude of a paranoid person.
Yes, we're jealous of him, of his job (who doesn't want to work in an office all day lond a stupid all day job...underpaid...), and sure we're jealous of his accomplishments (his book publishing and TV appearances).

Brigg, the era of AR passed, the 15 minutes of fame it's gone. No mater what you say, no one in here agres with you. you see, all these people read this stuff and none says that I am wrong. If Isee that I would be conerned, but when you're the only bragging about georges "accomplishments", nahhhh...I don't give a rat's  Grin

Once more, even George got tired of AR, he hasn't been there in 6 months.  Lips sealed

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: