Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 01:15:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

PILLARS OF HERCULES, FINALLY FOUND!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PILLARS OF HERCULES, FINALLY FOUND!!!  (Read 6521 times)
nikas
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 08:52:37 pm »

Nikas,

What i meant is that undoubtedly the earlier readers of Critias didnīt think of Atlantis in any other Ocean than the Atlantic Ocean, why would they? Regarding the impossibility of making such long trip, i would remember you that they didnīt necessarily need to do a non-stop voyage, they certainly would make a travel by following the Coast, and supplying ships accordingly with their necessities. If there were any other nation capable of long trips around the African Continent or from the Nordic regions managed to make it all the way Eastwards as far as Egypt, i would assume that advanced nations as Greece was earlier on, truly one of the greatest world power, unquestionably had the knowledge that the African Continent almost "touches" Europe at a place called the pillars of Hercules. Where Hercules and Atlas met, exchanging the skies... you have to agree that Mythology is on the "purists" side, otherwise, why would they give it so much importance? I have to tell you that the Greeks were much more intelligent than some think... The fact that Solon is told that they Greeks were the ones fighting back the Atlanteans should make us believe that those werenīt ordinary troops but perhaps "the" most experienced and valiant at the time Atlantis attacked by Sea the whole known world. I ask how could they not know of it? How come a nation creates such a myth around a specific geographical place and doesnīt know where that place is located? what do you say about the proximity of the Atlas range in the North of Africa? Why would they exactly name it Atlas?

regards,
Mario Dantas

Ok let me make it easy for you. I will give you few points why the pillars can't be in Gibraltar.

1) The pillars of hercules they're talking about are of Plato's time not Atlantis. I am not saying for sure but they do not say at the time of Atlantis but what you greeks call. Which means now!!! so around 600 b.c.  Now, around 600 B.C Greeks arleady knew of Iberia and even mentioned Iberia few time on the writtings of the time. So if they know Iberia why wouldn't they say so? Why wouldn;'t they make it easy for the listener by saying atlantis was in Iberia?!

2) Plato statee that the island was before you reach not after. It is people like george who changes the meaning of PRO TOU (Before/just before). So if the pillars were in Gibraltar then Atlantis is within inside in the west MED SEa. We know that there is nothing there.

3) Plato stated that the Island got submerged and subdued. That's a fact and we can't paly around. And the priest stated that is now underwater. So it has been under water from 9,600 B.C to at least 600 B.C when he is telling the story. Iberia and Greenland don't qualify!!!

4) He said facing the country named Gadiron/Gades which has nothing to do with CADIZ but with the famous Egadi island west of Sicily.

5) He said in the Atlantikou Pelagos (Atlantis Sea) not Ocean. the Ocean was called panpelagos and Plato even mentiones the Ocean when he narates.

I can go on for ever Mario for ever. there is not a single point that points toward Gibraltar. People have to stop think like moderns today. Yes greeks were very intelligent, maby more intelligent than us today...but their geography sucked!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: