Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:40:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Does One Have a Moral Responsibility to Fight Evil?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does One Have a Moral Responsibility to Fight Evil?  (Read 2986 times)
Jake

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2007, 09:22:25 pm »

I like it.

Let them (the masses) learn when they are ready to learn.

Jake
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2007, 09:51:55 pm »

I like it.

Let them (the masses) learn when they are ready to learn.

Jake

And by that we learn as well.  Smiley
Thus walking not into salvation given, but earned.
We are all going to stumble from time to time.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 06:48:56 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2007, 03:21:47 am »

The troops are getting ready to come home after the surge in Iraq has failed.

So yes evil should be combatted at every point.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 02:25:03 am by Volitzer » Report Spam   Logged
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2007, 11:15:57 am »

Wrong, Volitzer!!

The troops will NOT get to go home under Bush.  The only troops that will be coming home are the ones put there to help with the "surge," which they would have had to do anyway.

As for the rest of the 130,000 stuck over there, Bush has NO plans to bring them home, which means they will be stuck there until the next administration comes in!

Brooke
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2007, 02:29:11 am »

Sorry I meant in the sense of the legislature.  The House of Reps and the Senate have plans to make resolutions to bring the troops home.  Yet you are right Bush won't make it happen.  Would be interesting to see if they could get a 60% overidding veto.  It may just save some of their political careers.
Report Spam   Logged
Bob137

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2010, 08:38:18 pm »

I believe we all have a moral responsibility to fight evil. I believe it is inherited in us, through each and everyone of us is an innate morality of love, and justice. Throughout history, this has been played out, over and over, but has also been used against people by misuse and for injustice. I believe it is up to each individual to decide to follow the path of good, or evil, and that is where the good and evil comes from, not from GOD, or Gods, or Demons, or Devils, but from each individual, and each individual has the choice at any and every given moment to choose.I say choose wisely, go for the good, keep at it, as best you can. I do not believe I will ever be a saint, never have been, and never will be, but I can do the best I can with what I have to work with, which is a logical brain, a kind heart, and a respect for my fellow human beings. Chose to practice the good character qualities, instead of the bad character defects. Illness is when the soul is ill at ease. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it, if it seems evil or bad, don't do it. Find something else to do, do something good, try to make things better. Keep an open mind, but don't let others walk on you. You are your brothers keeper, but not his mother or father. Remember be good to yourself, and take care of yourself, you cannot help others if you can't take care of yourself. Above all trust in yourself, you are the greatest miracle on earth each and everyone of you, we all are. We are living breathing conscious beings with a soul and spirit, we have freedom to choose, but we need to choose wisely through educating ourselves in many areas of life.
Report Spam   Logged

Attitude is everything.
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2010, 04:45:01 am »

I believe that we need to replace the word "evil" with the word "illness"... and I believe we have a moral responsibility for the welfare of our brothers and sisters who are out of balance and ill.  I believe that we incarnate into this earth experience in order to improve things for anyone we come into contact with.  great discussion!
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2010, 11:26:56 pm »

One does have a moral responsibility to fight evil, and we must fight it in whatever form it takes. And what is evil?  We all know it when we see it.

Cheers,

Dawn
Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
Calvin Noble

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 11:59:13 pm »

I believe the best way to fight evil is to look in one's self and abolish the evil there, for evil begins with the individual. Lead a good clean life, go to church, give the Lord his worship, then you have done your part to fight evil.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2012, 01:57:09 pm »

Bollox !!!!  One needs to stand up to evil on a daily basis.

Many church goers who would lay down for the NWO are not doing their part to fight evil.
Report Spam   Logged
Calvin Noble

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2012, 09:42:36 pm »

Bollox yourself, Volitzer!  Unless one leads a good clean life, goes to church, gives the Lord his worship, then you have not done your part to fight evil.

As for the 'NWO,' render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, it is the next world that is important, not this one.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 12:30:32 am »

So you should live your life as a slave and not care about this world?  How is that moral?
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Calvin Noble

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2012, 04:12:38 am »

How is leading a good, clean God-fearing life leading the life of a slave, Robert? In any rate, better to be a slave to the Almighty than a slave to evil, right?
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2012, 06:58:43 am »

You can live a good, moral life and stand up to oppression and tyranny without being a slave to your delusions.  The term "god-fearing" always makes me laugh.  Why would you fear someone that you're also suppose to love?   Sounds like S&M to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2012, 06:37:45 pm »

Why would you fear someone that you're also suppose to love?   Sounds like S&M to me.

Good one!  I could never figure that one out either.
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: