Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:59:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Does One Have a Moral Responsibility to Fight Evil?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does One Have a Moral Responsibility to Fight Evil?  (Read 2998 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« on: July 10, 2007, 11:22:39 am »

If I live to see the prophecy of revelations be fulfilled, I will need to know this anyhow.

I actually pity those that spend their entire lives, waiting for some prophecy to be fulfilled, Herefornow. Not only are those prophecies, most likely misinterpreted, the people who wrote them were, most likely, not gifted with anymore special insight than we are.  In other, words, they place their faith in another person's dream, or, perhaps, nightmare.

It is up to each individual to find their own truth, not accept that version of the truth given to us by someone else.

Yet this is just about the whole point I was trying to make Aristotle. If we are taking the time to get things right with our own spirit, the fate of the rest of the world regaurdless of what that is will not affect those who have found happiness in beleiving in something that gives them peace. They simply pass away feeling more fulfilled then those who choose to spend their entire lives, desiring nothing more then the world can offer.

I'm not waiting for the end of the world. I'm trying to raise my spirit, before I die. I used it more as an example.
The end of everything is not going to be something we have any control over if it even happens. I would just like the chance to make whats left of my life alot more spiritually enlightened with more positive things then the world is serving up now. By beleiving in things like unconditional love for all people, and looking for more peaceful ways to solve problems we progress beyond the barbarian mantality that the world has today. To do nothing is to just give up and conform to what we know is wrong. I see no pregression in that, do you?
I'm not being argumentive in this point. I'm just not willing to accept that this is the best we can do. I choose to beleive in something besides political power being the governing force in my life. I'm trying to evolve beyond what I've become in spirit. Without judging others in the process......
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 11:27:27 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: