Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:05:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Does One Have a Moral Responsibility to Fight Evil?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does One Have a Moral Responsibility to Fight Evil?  (Read 3015 times)
Aristotle
Superhero Member

« on: July 09, 2007, 01:31:21 pm »

It's a complicated thing to answer directly because I was taught to never judge others. I guess in a sence we are more obligated to direct our own steps.

Respectfully, Herefornow, I think we each end up judging what is good and what is evil everyday.  What is good and what is evil?  That is why we have laws, I suppose, to clarify things.

In the old days, the Ice Age, for instance, people did not have the luxury of having laws, it simply was a matter of survival, and might, of course, made right.

In a sense, might still does make right.  I am an American, but I am not blindly patriotic.  Throughout our history, if one really looks at our history, we truly have treated other nations abominably at times, all in the name of selfish self-interest. Napalming the Vietnamese, for instance, or bombing houses in Iraq. I can see, full well, how others might view our own nations actions as "evil."
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: