Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:36:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Obama Creepiness (Group Think…You Sensed It Didn’t You?)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Creepiness (Group Think…You Sensed It Didn’t You?)  (Read 1825 times)
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 09:15:49 pm »

Campus Support For Terrorism

In the 1930s, the universities were the first German institutions to capitulate to Adolf Hitler. Martin Heidegger, Germany’s greatest 20th century philosopher and the intellectual idol of American academics, hailed the advent of the Third Reich from the rectorship of Freiburg University. Fascism was an idea so messianic in its conception, so elitist in its attitudes, and so anti-capitalist in its social philosophy that intellectuals found it irresistible.

In England in the 1930s, while Germany rearmed and began annexing territory in the heart of Europe, the Oxford Union resolved “not to defend King and country” against the growing fascist threat. The pacificism of the progressive left and the Tory right added up to an appeasement of Hitler that protected him when he was still weak and testing the limits of Western resolve. The consequence was World War II and 70 million deaths before he was stopped.

The lessons of history are not readily learned, and the past, as a result, is slated for an endless revival. The seeds of the contemporary opposition to the War on Terror were sown in the 1960s in the movement to oppose the Communist aggression in Vietnam. Once again the universities and the intellectual culture provided the most dependable support in the West for the totalitarian agendas of the Communist bloc. The withdrawal of American aid to the anti-Communist forces in Cambodia and Vietnam in 1975 (long after American forces had been removed) resulted in the slaughter of two and a half million peasants in Indo-China at the hands of the Communist victors. The blood of these innocents would not have been shed without the aid the Communists received from their supporters and appeasers in the anti-Vietnam movement in the West.

Now the West is engaged in a new war with a totalitarian enemy called radical Islam, which despises Western capitalism and democracies. And once again, totalitarianism finds its most dependable allies on college faculties. This time, the enemy does not offer lofty visions of utopia nor rallying cries of “self-determination,” nor a promise to revenge past national grievances. The jihadists of Radical Islam simply offer unmitigated hatred of the “Great Satan,” the United States. For the academic left, that is enough. “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” is a sufficient logic to cement the alliance.

On university campuses across the U.S., tenured radicals teach their students that “one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter,” and that America is “the world’s greatest terrorist state.” The Middle East Studies Association and more than 200 “Peace Studies” programs share the view that America’s terrorist enemies are in fact the voice of the world’s “oppressed,” and that by challenging the United States they are advancing the cause of “social justice.” Nor is the activity of these faculty radicals confined to academic theory. On every major American campus, radical professors are busily organizing anti-American “teach-ins” and demonstrations against the war, and providing their students with academic credit for joining the radical cause.

September 11, 2001, is burned into the nation’s memory as a day of infamy and terror. Yet within weeks of this horror, protests were organized on more than 150 American college campuses opposing, in advance, an American military response. Columbia University Marxist Eric Foner, a past president of both the American Historical Association and the Organization of American Historians, declared, “I’m not sure which is more frightening: the horror that engulfed New York City or the apocalyptic rhetoric emanating daily from the White House.” As President Bush vowed to depose the totalitarian theocracy that had given al-Qaeda a military base of operations and bring the terrorists to justice, professors denounced America as “the greatest terrorist state”; lecturers at the City University of New York condemned “American imperialism” as the root cause of the attack; and Brown University academics chanted, “one, two, three, four, we don’t want a racist war!” Thus, before the final death count had been tallied in the worst act of terrorism in American history, the campus Left had already launched a pre-emptive strike against America’s effort to defend itself.

A year and a half later, American forces entered Iraq to enforce UN resolution 1441 against Saddam Hussein’s brutal dictatorship, a sponsor of terror, a deployer of chemical weapons, an aggressor in two recent wars, and an outlaw regime in open defiance of 16 previous UN resolutions and international law. Demonstrations were organized on nearly 1,000 campuses to prevent America and Britain from taking down Saddam’s regime.  At one “antiwar” teach-in at Columbia University, conducted by 30 faculty and attended by 3,000 students, Professor Nicholas De Genova declared: “Peace is subversive, because peace anticipates a very different world than the one in which we live – a world where the U.S. would have no place. The only true heroes are those who find ways that help defeat the U.S. military. I personally would like to see a million Mogadishus” – a reference to the site in Somalia where an al-Qaeda warlord ambushed and killed 18 American troops, then dragged their bodies through the streets. De Genova continued, “If we really [believe] that this war is criminal...then we have to believe in the victory of the Iraqi people and the defeat of the U.S. war machine.”

This speech was a moment of truth  for the campus antiwar Left, revealing how a significant segment of academia had formed an alliance with terrorists and their enablers. From sponsoring pro-terrorist symposia, to funding and defending pro-terrorist campus organizations, to teaching students that America is an imperialistic oppressor and the terrorists are no threat, America’s universities are playing a significant role in the war on terror. This section of DiscoverTheNetworks explores that role.

Report Spam   Logged

Ignis Natura Renovandum Integra
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 12:39:16 am »

I sopose that Native Americans allso have to thank you after you exterminate them?
First holocaust it the world history was done by you, and it is a fact.

That was 150 years ago.  What have we done to the Indians lately?  Don't you have any recent history you can point to?

Excuse me if I don't take any lectures from a person who's country was part of an area that redefined "ethnic cleansing" during much of the 1990s. 

I see thet you are the one of the people for whom "One death is a tragedy. One million deaths are a statistic.”, so I ask you for I number of people in foren countryes that you "liberate from life", and don't tell me "You have nothing on me, bud, I don't shape American foriegn policy.  Most Americans were against the Vietnam, Korea and Iraq.".You vote for your leaders, don't you?

Yeah, but I didn't vote for Bush and was too young to vote for Johnson or Truman so I don't bear any responsibility for Korea or Vietnam either.

By the way, America liberated France, much of western Europe, Kuwait and saved the world in World War I and II so I am not apologizing for anything.

By the way can you vote for Obama?He haven't right to be a president, or do he?

Because he is a good person and the birth certificate stuff is all right wing conspiracy garbage.
Report Spam   Logged
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 01:47:37 pm »

That was 150 years ago.  What have we done to the Indians lately?  Don't you have any recent history you can point to?

LOL. Nothing more please, after you almost exterminate them completely.

Yeah, but I didn't vote for Bush and was too young to vote for Johnson or Truman so I don't bear any responsibility for Korea or Vietnam either.

By the way, America liberated France, much of western Europe, Kuwait and saved the world in World War I and II so I am not apologizing for anything.

You don't need to apologizing for anything.But you also can't say "I would pit the history of MY country and what it has done for the world over Montenegro or any other country anyday"

Cuz Montenegro or any other country don't have in they history.

1.Holocaust of Native Americans

2.Slavery

3.Korea, Vietnam, Cuba ( 1961 Bay of Pigs Invasion ),Grenada, US Invasion of Panama,Persian Gulf War ( it is for oil not for democracy ), Afghanistan ( it is not war on terror cuz 9/11 was inside job ), Iraq ( there is no mas destruction weapon , also war for oil )

Because he is a good person and the birth certificate stuff is all right wing conspiracy garbage.

Your "good person" is a comy and NWO puppet
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:48:30 pm by Harconen » Report Spam   Logged

Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 02:58:47 pm »

LOL. Nothing more please, after you almost exterminate them completely.

Sure, that's why they still have their own reservations where they don't have to pay taxes and rake in money off of running gambling. Yep, they sure are extinct.

Cuz Montenegro or any other country don't have in they history.

No, but you and the Serbs conducted ethnic cleansing towards the Croats, which is just as bad.  In fact, some of your leaders were tried on war crimes.  Not in the 1800s, like with the Indians, back in 1990s.

Your "good person" is a comy and NWO puppet

So tell me which speech or policy that Obama has demonstrates he is a Communist.  Since you come from a Communist country yourself and were probably also a member of the Communist Party it should be pretty easy for you.

Also, since you are printing the propaganda of the corporatists, I would have to say that makes you the NWO puppet.
Report Spam   Logged
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 03:28:56 pm »

To pay a taxes after you almost exterminate them completely, and take all the rest of the land!!!!!!?Huh?? You are incredible!

After this you can post what ever you want, I just will not answer.I can't speak with people like you.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:17:39 pm by Harconen » Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 03:50:56 pm »

Obama's manipulation dream team and the power of the default option

*Updated: After reading this TIME article I feel I have a deeper understanding of Obama, his methods, and his goals.

From TIME: Obama is using a team of behaviorists to manipulate Americans. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1889153-1,00.html

Behaviorism was invented for the training of animals. Now it's used to raise children and manipulate spouses http://www.punditandpundette.com/2009/03/how-not-to-treat-your-husband.html. And our fearless leader is deliberately using it to consolidate his power, advance his agenda, and create new social norms. This should give you a serious case of the creeps:

Two weeks before Election Day, Barack Obama's campaign was mobilizing millions of supporters; it was a bit late to start rewriting get-out-the-vote (GOTV) scripts. "BUT, BUT, BUT," deputy field director Mike Moffo wrote to Obama's GOTV operatives nationwide, "What if I told you a world-famous team of genius scientists, psychologists and economists wrote down the best techniques for GOTV scripting?!?! Would you be interested in at least taking a look? Of course you would!!"
Moffo then passed along guidelines and a sample script from the Consortium of Behavioral Scientists, a secret advisory group of 29 of the nation's leading behaviorists. The key guideline was a simple message: "A Record Turnout Is Expected." That's because studies by psychologist Robert Cialdini and other group members had found that the most powerful motivator for hotel guests to reuse towels, national-park visitors to stay on marked trails and citizens to vote is the suggestion that everyone is doing it. "People want to do what they think others will do," says Cialdini, author of the best seller Influence. "The Obama campaign really got that."

The existence of this behavioral dream team — which also included best-selling authors Dan Ariely of MIT (Predictably Irrational) and Richard Thaler and Cass Sunstein of the University of Chicago (Nudge) as well as Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman of Princeton — has never been publicly disclosed, even though its members gave Obama white papers on messaging, fundraising and rumor control as well as voter mobilization. All their proposals — among them the famous online fundraising lotteries that gave small donors a chance to win face time with Obama — came with footnotes to peer-reviewed academic research. "It was amazing to have these bullet points telling us what to do and the science behind it," Moffo tells TIME. "These guys really know what makes people tick."

More on this from Bill Dupray of The Patriot Room http://patriotroom.com/article/obama-uses-behavioral-economists--to-fool-americans-about-his-budget- , who points out that Obama understands from his manipulation team that most people don't know the difference between $100 million and $100 trillion, so telling them that you're cutting the equivalent of $1 from their family budget is conveniently misleading:
Seriously. President Obama has reportedly http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1889153,00.html  been working closely with noted behavioral economists, and their studies have shown that most people are “insensitive to scope,” meaning they are not very good at putting large numbers in their proper context. People will react about the same to a policy proposal whether the cost/benefit is $10 million, $10 billion, or $10 trillion. Consequently, the $100 million cut may seem huge to many voters.

But it ain't. Read the rest. http://patriotroom.com/article/obama-uses-behavioral-economists--to-fool-americans-about-his-budget-

*Updated to comment more on the TIME article: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1889153-5,00.html
Studies of all kinds of human frailties are revealing how to help people change — not only through mandates or financial incentives but also via subtler nudges that preserve our freedom to make choices while encouraging us to make better ones, from automatic-enrollment 401(k) plans that require us to opt out if we don't want to save for retirement to smart meters that warn us about how much energy we're using. [emphasis added]
Or, to be accurate, manipulating us into making what someone else believes are "better choices."
Obama has a community organizer's appreciation for human motivation, and his rhetoric often sounds as if it's straight out of a behavioral textbook.

Obama's efforts to change us carry a clear political risk. Republicans already portray him as a nanny-state scold, an élitist Big Brother lecturing us about inflating our tires and reading to our kids. We elected a President, not a life coach, and we might not like elected officials' challenging our right to be couch potatoes.
Oh pleeze. Talk about a false dichotomy.
Obama's aides seem to favor nudges that preserve free choice over heavy-handed regulation, an approach Thaler and Sunstein, the co-authors of Nudge, call "libertarian paternalism." But it's still paternalism, and Sunstein will have the power to put it into action. The idea of public officials, even well-meaning ones, trying to engineer our private behavior to produce change can seem a bit creepy.
Only to RWE's. http://www.punditandpundette.com/2009/04/are-you-right-wing-extremist.html  Author Michael Grunwald clearly isn't one of them. He embraces his new insect overlord:

But face it: Obama is right. Our emissions are boiling the planet, and most of our energy use is unnecessary. Our health expenditures are bankrupting the Treasury, and most of our visits to the doctor can be traced to unhealthy behavior. We do need to change, and we know it.

So why don't we? And how can we? The behaviorists have ideas, and the Administration is listening.

There's plenty more. It extends to the management of our money and our health and relies heavily on human passivity and laziness:

This is why default options pack such power. Most of us will save for retirement, run our computers in energy-efficient mode and be organ donors if we have to take action to say no — but not if we have to take action to say yes. Almost nobody signed up for a German utility's clean-energy plan until it became the default, and then 94% stuck with it. We're also much likelier to go to the doctor for preventive care like flu shots if the appointment is made for us. In a speech last year, Orszag even suggested charging us for doctor's appointments unless we take action to cancel, though he conceded that might sound "a little crazy at first blush or even second blush."

This is horribly insidious: a subtle extension of the nanny state where numerous decisions are pre-made and pre-packaged for us, and the exact opposite of what it once meant to be an American: independent-minded and self-determining.
More along these lines is heading our way. The Administration hopes to harness our inertia with its automatic pension plan, a major step toward universal savings accounts, and by dramatically simplifying applications for federal tuition aid. Its push to computerize health-care records — another big-ticket stimulus item — could make generic drugs and cost-effective procedures our default treatments. And seniors who don't select health-care or drug plans could be automatically enrolled in low-cost options. "It would be nice if we all behaved like supercomputers, but that's not how we are," Orszag says.
"Creating social norms":
But Obama is no therapist changing individuals one at a time. He's an organizer trying to build community and inspire collective action through house parties and Facebook as well as rhetoric about shared values. In other words, he's trying to create social norms — behavioral change's killer app.

Social norms help explain the attraction of opt-out 401(k)s as well: it's not just that we're too lazy to check a box but also that we assume the default is the accepted thing to do.
Grunwald is drunk on the messiah's koolaid and awaits Obama's brave new world with bated breath:
It would be nice if Obama could change our social norms so that green living and healthy eating and financial responsibility would be new ways of keeping up with the Joneses. But it would be enough if he changed Washington's social norms. We need better policies, not better attitudes.

Behavioral literature can be a depressing window on human folly. But it offers us ways to transcend our folly, to restrain our ids, to harness our conformity and inertia and weakness in order to do less of the things that hurt us and our country. "In the physical world, we understand our limitations," Ariely says. "Nobody gets upset because we can't fly. We just design something to help us fly." If Obama can help us fly from our bad habits, he'll provide the change we need.

Obama and company hope to make use of the weaknesses of human nature to engineer an American life lived by default. May God have mercy on us.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 05:58:38 pm by Harconen » Report Spam   Logged

Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 09:31:12 pm »

To pay a taxes after you almost exterminate them completely, and take all the rest of the land!!!!!!?Huh?? You are incredible!

After this you can post what ever you want, I just will not answer.I can't speak with people like you.

Yeah, that's because you aren't interested in debate, or the truth, just cut and paste. 

Dude, this conspiracy garbage is all over the internet, just like it is for every President.  Your repeating it without even reading any of it is actually what sort of makes you "sheep."
Report Spam   Logged
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 10:00:12 pm »

Here we all can see a liveing prove of brainwashing by Obama's manipulation dream team of behaviorists to manipulate Americans.
Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 01:41:24 am »

Let me straighten some things out for you in America, Harconen.

First off, we have two parties here that control everything - the Republicans (corporatists/religious freaks/authoritarian/militaristic a**holes for the most part)

Then, we have the Democrats (cowardly/supposedly pro-union/supposedly pro-Middle Class/quasi-Socialists)

So, when you sit there and call everyone "sheep" that want to work within the process, you really don't know what you are talking about.  Real change takes time, and Obama (unlike some of the dictators that used to run the Balkans) is not a king, he just can't snap his fingers and make things different.  Democracy isn't perfect, but America's problems did not begin with him and he is leagues better than the last guy.  Hope that clears things up for you. Smiley

Now let me enlighten you on something... both parties take their orders from the Bilderbergers so both are corrupt.

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson all were (s)elected by the Bilderbergers.

In 2012 we will be worse off than we are now.  Obama's "Hope and Change" will be the laughing stock of history.  More like Cope in Vain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 10:02:26 am »

Harconen, it is not necessary to make bold type because you think you've made a point.  You haven't made a point. Bold type is used for accent, to help the reader get the point.  Not for a whole flippin post.   For Obama or anyone else to brainwash people, it takes a long while to do that. Years even.  He hasn't been around long enough.   What he HAS done, is given people hope because the people see he understands the problems. 

I'm not sure what your agenda is, but you're all over the forum with your negativity.  It's very depressing. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 01:36:09 pm »

Harconen, it is not necessary to make bold type because you think you've made a point.  You haven't made a point. Bold type is used for accent, to help the reader get the point.  Not for a whole flippin post.   For Obama or anyone else to brainwash people, it takes a long while to do that. Years even.  He hasn't been around long enough.   What he HAS done, is given people hope because the people see he understands the problems. 

I'm not sure what your agenda is, but you're all over the forum with your negativity.  It's very depressing. 

Qoais, It is truth that Obama is not to long here, but the people behind him are.He is a puppet.I don't have nothing personally against him.I am fighting NWO, and he is NWO.That is my personal political stand, and not an agenda.

I am not all over the forum with MY negativity.Times are like that (for you and some of the rich pro Obama people here maybe not).And, I am not guilthy for that, NWO is.

I have 1700 posts in "Wicca, Witchcraft, Paganism & Ritual Magic", but when I post in political topic, NWO puppets, Obamanoids and you can not have good ansvers on that.So, you atack me personaly, and go of topic.If you have something personaly against me, it is your problem.

Love & Light

Harconen       

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrUsZdxVGEA&feature=related

P.S. If you think that my posts are very depressing, please don't read them.Stay in your dream.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:52:49 pm by Harconen » Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 08:55:04 pm »

Grin

http://classicalvalues.com/archives/2008_10.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: