Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 04:23:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Detectives statement of Events at WTC

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detectives statement of Events at WTC  (Read 152 times)
Invisible Flame

« on: August 17, 2009, 02:00:25 am »

Detectives statement of Events at WTC

DATE: MARCH 11, 2002
SUBJECT: TERRORIST ATTACK- SEPTEMBER 11,2001

On Sept. 11, 2001, Detective John Fitzgerald was working a 7am-3pm tour and was assigned to the Port Authority Of NY and NJ Office of Inspector General, located on the 77th Floor of 1 World Trade Center, (north tower). Detective James Wheeler was assigned to the World Trade Center Detective Unit and arrived at the Inspector Generals Office at approximately 0745 hours. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler had a conference with Deputy Inspector General Michael Nestor hi reference to a case we were investigating. The conference began at approximately 0755 hours and ended at approximately 0810 hours.

At approximately 0845 hours we heard a loud violent bang. Det. Wheeler and I looked at each other and I recall saying what the hell was that. Det. Wheeler also commented in reference to the bang. I turned my head and looked thru the rear window of the vehicle thinking that a large truck smashed into another large truck. When I didn't see anything unusual behind me I got nervous because I thought a crane or some heavy object had fallen on the pedestrian walkway which was near our vehicle. Det. Wheeler immediately opened the passenger door and leaned his body out of the vehicle, raised his head and looked up. Det. Wheeler immediately pulled his body in the vehicle slammed the door shut and told me, "We have to get out of here! Move the car, Fitz! Move the car! I began moving the car to the left which was towards the building. Det. Wheeler said, 'No.no! To the right! To the right! We have to get out of here!' I have had the privilege to work with Detective Wheeler in the past and I knew from the way he was acting that it was really serious.

We jumped out of the car and Det. Wheeler was yelling, "Run! Run! Run!, so we ran towards the American Express Building, (Battery Park City). There was a lot of debris coming down from the building and I still didn't know what was happening. When we made it to the American Express Building, (Battery Park City), I turned, raised my head and saw what had happened. At that time I noticed body parts on the street. A lot of the heavy debris had already fallen to the street. There were light pieces of aluminum coming down very slowly, almost like a kite would glide down.

At approximately 0905 hours while proceeding towards Liberty Street I heard a sound above me and a second later I heard another loud bang which was the second hijacked plane striking 2 World Trade Center, (south tower). At that time there was a large amount of debris coming down from the south tower and I observed more body parts in the parking lot area next to the Greek Church which was later destroyed. There were many vehicles on fire in the parking lot and I observed two five foot tanks that were chained to a pole on Washington St. I did not know what was in the tanks but there was smoke coming from the tanks which also caused concern of possible explosion (possibly liquid nitrogen).

Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler made it to a concrete overhang on Liberty St, I believe the building was the Deutche Bank. There was still much debris and building parts falling to the street when we were under the concrete overhang and there were sounds of explosions coming from the south tower. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler did observe aircraft parts on Liberty St.

A Director/Cameraman named Evan Fairbanks was observed by Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler on Liberty Street filming. We told Evan Fairbanks to get out of the street for safety reasons and Evan Fairbanks stated that he had a video of the plane striking 2 World Trade Center, (south tower). Evan Fairbanks was advised he would have to remain with us and we would have to get his video to the FBI. Evan Fairbanks was very cooperative and was told he could continue filming. At this time members of the FDNY began walking west on Liberty St. past the firehouse. Det. Fitzgerald was still concerned about the tanks that were near the vehicles that were on fire near the Greek Church and quickly tried to relate that information to some of the FDNY members on Liberty St. An FDNY Captain did stop and speak to Det. Fitzgerald and I related the information concerning the tanks and the vehicles that were on fire to the Captain. The sounds of explosions continued coming from the south tower.

We were walking in the street towards the corner of Church and Fulton St. when we heard a loud roar. I turned my head and looked up. I knew that 2 World Trade Center, (South Tower) was coming down. In the beginning, it started coming down slowly, but as it came down the debris started to shoot out from the building and it picked up speed. We began yelling, Run, run, run! Because I saw the way the building was coming down, I knew we had a few seconds left before we were going to get hit with anything. But I didn't know if the building was going to tip over. It was just coming down and then it started to spread out. I heard Det. Wheeler yelling , "Get in the subway!" By this time debris was flying past us. There were objects just going over our heads being blown from the building. There were a lot of people going down into the subway - firefighters, EMS, many civilians.

We made it to the second set of stairs and there was a really loud wind noise, similar to the noise a train makes when coming into a station. The wind was so strong I had to hold onto the railing of that landing because my body almost went flying off the stairs. Det. Wheeler was also holding onto the railing in front of me. There weren't any heavy objects blowing down the vestibule; it was, as I now know, pulverized concrete, building materials, and Just. The heavy objects, aluminum facade of the building did land on the first set of stairs but did not reach the second set of stairs because of the angle. We were having an extremely difficult time breathing. The wind blast lasted for quite awhileand besides not being able to breathe you could not see anything.

On 09/15/01, Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler learned Evan Fairbanks did survive by diving under a fire truck which was parked one block North of Vesey St. The FBI did learn about and view the video that Evan Fairbanks had.

http://www.911myths.com/images/a/af/NYC_Box12_Video_JohnFitzgerald_JamesWheeler-Account.pdf

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:05:13 am by Invisible Flame » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Invisible Flame

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 02:05:47 am »

TO: Lt. Edward Gutch
rROM: Det. John Fitzgerald and Det. James J. Wheeler
DATE: MARCH 11,2002
SUBJECT: TERRORIST ATTACK- SEPTEMBER 11,2001
On Sept. 11, 2001, Detective John Fitzgerald was working a 7am-3pm tour and was assigned to
the Port Authority Of NY and NJ Office of Inspector General, located on the 77th Floor of 1
World Trade Center, (north tower). Detective James Wheeler was assigned to the World Trade
Center Detective Unit and arrived at the Inspector Generals Office at approximately 0745 hours.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler had a conference with Deputy Inspector General Michael Nestor hi
reference to a case we were investigating. The conference began at approximately 0755 hours
and ended at approximately 0810 hours. It was agreed that Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler would
go to the Port Authority Federal Credit Union, located at 26 Federal Plaza to retrieve surveillance
tapes from the Credit Union.
At approximately 0835 hours Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler walked out of the Inspector
Generals Office to travel to 26 Federal Plaza. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler got on an escalator
at the 77th. floor which leads to the 78th. floor elevator lobby. On the 78thfloor while waiting for
the elevator we saw Sgt. Steve Prospero entering an office on the 78th. Floor. Det's Fitzgerald
and Wheeler got on the elevator and went down to the 1st. floor lobby then walked across the
! lobby and got on the elevator to the B-2 parking garage level.
After exiting the elevator at the B-2 level Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler entered a vehicle
assigned to the Inspector Generals Office. Det. Fitzgerald was the driver and Det. Wheeler was
the passenger. Detectives exited the B-2 parking level at West St. and drove South on West St
at approximately 5mph. due to heavy traffic. Detective Fitzgerald drove under the pedestrian
walkway, (North walkway) which connects 1 World Trade with the American Express Building.
We came to a complete stop approximately 10-15 feet past the pedestrian walkway most likely
because of a traffic light at Liberty St. and West St. We could not see the light because there
was a bus approximately 6-7 feet in front of us.
At approximately 0845 hours we heard a loud violent bang. Det. Wheeler and I looked at each
other and I recall saying what the hell was that. Det. Wheeler also commented hi reference to
the bang. I turned my head and looked thru the rear window of the vehicle thinking that a large
truck smashed into another large truck. When I didn't see anything unusual behind me I got
nervous because I thought a crane or some heavy object had fallen on the pedestrian walkway
which was near our vehicle. Det. Wheeler immediately opened the passenger door and leaned
his body out of the vehicle, raised his head and looked up. Det. Wheeler immediately pulled his
body in the vehicle slammed the door shut and told me, "We have to get out of here! Move the
car, Fitz! Move the car! I began moving the car to the left which was towards the building. Det.
Wheeler said, 'No.no! To the right! To the right! We have to get out of here!' I have had the
privilege to work with Detective Wheeler in the past and I knew from the way he was acting that
it was really serious.
Report Spam   Logged
Invisible Flame

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 02:06:55 am »

When I turned the vehicle to the left I observed people running in the area of VIP circle which is
the front entrance of 1 World Trade Center, (north tower) and some of the large glass panels
appeared shattered. When Det. Wheeler instructed me to go to the right I had to put the vehicle
in reverse. I smashed into the bus in front of us in an attempt to get the bus to move, when the
bus did not move I went to the right across two lanes and put the nose of the vehicle against the
divider on West St. I noticed people abandoning their vehicles and Det. Wheeler was yelling,
"Fitz, get out of the car, we have to get out of the car." We jumped out of the car and Det.
Wheeler was yelling, "Run! Run! Run!, so we ran towards the American Express Building,
(Battery Park City). There was a lot of debris coming down from the building and I still didn't
know what was happening. When we made it to the American Express Building, (Battery Park
City), I turned, raised my head and saw what had happened. At that time I noticed body parts on
the street. A lot of the heavy debris had already fallen to the street. There were light pieces of
aluminum coming down very slowly, almost like a kite would glide down.
Det. Wheeler and I agreed that we should run back to the vehicle and move it from the street
knowing the fire dept. and police emergency vehicles will arrive and set up in the area of West
St. We jumped into the vehicle and Det. Wheeler began calling NYPD Special Operations
Division over his hand held radio, we drove south about one block past Liberty Street to Albany
Street. I drove the vehicle up onto a paved walkway on the Westside of West St. We jumped
out of the vehicle, opened the trunk and Det. Wheeler removed the camera from the trunk of the
vehicle. I removed my suit jacket and put on a Port Authority Police DEA Task Force jacket that
was in the trunk of the vehicle to identify myself.
People were panicking running all over the streets, in all different directions. There were human
torsos and body parts on the hoods and tops of vehicles and human body parts still smoking in
the street, Det. Wheeler and I agreed that we had to begin evacuating the office buildings in the
area of West St. and Liberty St. and we had to direct everyone to go South on West St. We
made eye contact with an NYPD uniformed Captain who was with four NYPD uniformed
Officers on West St. There were two marked police cars on West St. that probably belonged to
the Officers. The Captain approached Det. Fitzgerald on West St. and asked where the command
post was going to be set up. Det Fitzgerald told the Captain that he didn't know where the
command post was going to be but right now we have to begin evacuating the buildings on West
St. The Captain directed the four uniformed Officers to begin evacuating the buildings on West
St. near Liberty St. Det. Wheeler and I along with the NYPD members ran into three or four
building lobbies and advised security and employees that their buildings were being shut down
for the day and to go home. We told everyone to go South and to use the rear exits of the
buildings if possible so there would be less people on West St. While we were running in and
out of the buildings many people were approaching us asking us what happened. We told every
person to leave the area immediately and go South.
When Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler were satisfied that the occupants from the buildings hi the
immediate area were told to close up and go home we began to proceed in the direction of the
firehouse located on Liberty St. At approximately 0905 hours while proceeding towards Liberty
Street I heard a sound above me and a second later I heard another loud bang which was the
second hijacked plane striking 2 World Trade Center, (south tower). At that time there was a
large amount of debris coming down from the south tower and I observed more body parts in the
Report Spam   Logged
Invisible Flame

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 02:07:43 am »

parking lot area next to the Greek Church which was later destroyed. There were many vehicles
on fire in the parking lot and I observed two five foot tanks that were chained to a pole on
Washington St. I did not know what was in the tanks but there was smoke coming from the
tanks which also caused concern of possible explosion (possibly liquid nitrogen). At this time
some construction workers were asking us if they could remove their vehicles from the lot before
the other vehicles begin to explode. One of those construction workers informed Det. Fitzgerald
that there was a torso on the hood of his truck. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler told the workers to
disregard their vehicles and leave the area immediately.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler made it to a concrete overhang on Liberty St, I believe the building
was the Deutche Bank. There was still much debris and building parts falling to the street when
we were under the concrete overhang and there were sounds of explosions coming from the
south tower. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler did observe aircraft parts on Liberty St. We went
into that building lobby area and told people who ran into the lobby to try and find a rear exit out
of the building. Security and building managers had approached us and we directed them to
close that building for the day. I received a call from my wife who was on the New Jersey
Turnpike enroute to her office. She was very upset because she had a clear view of the
buildings and she related information that she heard on the radio describing the incident as a
terrorist attack. I told my wife this was really serious and a lot of people were already dead and
to pray for the people in the buildings.
A Director/Cameraman named Evan Fairbanks was observed by Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler
on Liberty Street filming. We told Evan Fairbanks to get out of the street for safety reasons and
Evan Fairbanks stated that he had a video of the plane striking 2 World Trade Center, (south
tower). Evan Fairbanks was advised he would have to remain with us and we would have to get
his video to the FBI. Evan Fairbanks was very cooperative and was told he could continue
filming. At this time members of the FDNY began walking west on Liberty St. past the
firehouse. Det. Fitzgerald was still concerned about the tanks that were near the vehicles that
were on fire near the Greek Church and quickly tried to relate that information to some of the
FDNY members on Liberty St. An FDNY Captain did stop and speak to Det. Fitzgerald and I
related the information concerning the tanks and the vehicles that were on fire to the Captain.
The sounds of explosions continued coming from the south tower.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler observed a male standing on the north side of Liberty St. near the
entrance to 4 World Trade Center who was acting in a suspicious manner. Det Fitzgerald asked
Evan Fairbanks to get that male on video. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler agreed we would have
to get to the police desk located in 5 World Trade Center. Detectives and Evan Fairbanks did
run across Liberty Street to enter 4 World Trade Center. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler learned
the male who was acting suspicious had a press pass. The male was standing near the doors to 4
World Trade Center and was told to leave the area. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler and Evan
Fairbanks entered 4 World Trade Center, and the male who was advised to leave the area
followed us thru the doors. Det. Fitzgerald told the male he would be arrested if he did not leave
immediately. There was a Port Authority employee named David Achee who was a locksmith in
the World Trade Center and two Summit security guards standing near the doors, (unfortunately
Detective Fitzgerald later learned the two security guards were killed on September 11,2001).
Report Spam   Logged
Invisible Flame

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 02:08:20 am »

Upon entering 4 World Trade Center we did not observe any people in the immediate area and
die area was not illuminated well. We traveled thru the concourse area past the stores towards 5
World Trade Center. As we approached 5 World Trade Center we came in contact with Chief
Hall and Det. Wheeler related the information about the video and our plans to get the video to
the FBI. We observed Sgt. Robert Vargas and an unidentified uniform Port Authority Officer
directing hundreds of people on the concourse area towards and up the escalators and stairs
leading to the exit of 5 World Trade Center which would bring them onto Church St. Most of
the people appeared calm but there were three or four people who were injured, bloodied as a
result of cuts and lacerations. Det. Fitzgerald spoke with Sgt. Vargas briefly and told him to be
careful and that we were headed for the police desk. Once we got to the top of the
escalators/stairs there was another Port Authority Officer directing the people who came up the
escalators/stairs towards the street. Due to the urgency of the situation it wasn't until a later
time that I realized the Officer was Police Officer Christopher Amoroso. Evan Fairbanks was
filming during this time and Chief Hall, Sgt. Vargas, P.O. Amoroso, and the unidentified Officer
can be seen in the tape.
Det. Fitzgerald, Det. Wheeler and Evan Fairbanks entered the Port Authority Police Desk in 5
World Trade Center. We came in contact with Det's Nafey and Paugh upon entering the Police
desk area. A few moments later Det. McHale entered the Police desk. Captain Whitaker, P.O.'s
Brady and Murray were at the desk. Mr. Alan Reiss, World Trade Director was also at the
Police desk. Sgt. McLoughin and Police Officer John Levi were also at the desk. Det.
Fitzgerald and P.O. Levi acknowledged each other. There were approximately six or seven other
port Authority Officers putting rescue equipment in a bin. I think Officer Michael Wholey was
among that group but I don't remember who the other Officers were. I do remember seeing and
quickly saying hello to Officer Uhuru Houston but I don't know if it was when I entered the
Police Desk area or when we eventually exited the Police Desk. We saw aircraft landing gear on
the floor at the Police Desk. I believe that Det's Nafey and Paugh found landing gear somewhere
outside the World Trade Center complex.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler did inform Captain Whitaker, Det. McHale, and Alan Reiss of the
video showing the aircraft striking 2 World Trade Center. We advised Det. McHale we would
attempt to get the numbers off the aircraft for identification purposes. Det's Fitzgerald,
Wheeler, McHale, Captain Whitaker, Alan Reiss and Evan Fairbanks along with Det's Nafey
and Paugh went to the Detective Office in the rear of the Police Desk area. Evan Fairbanks did
rewind his tape several times for our viewing and the tape clearly showed the aircraft striking 2
World Trade Center. I recall Det's Nafey and Paugh opening the rear door to the Detectives
Office, which leads out to the plaza area between 1 and 2 World Trade Center. We could see
and hear debris (building parts) falling from 1 World Trade Center onto the plaza area close to
the summer concert stage. The debris appeared to be falling from the area of impact. The stage
and speakers were on fire at that time.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler learned that we would not be able to make a copy of Evan
Fairbanks video at the Police Desk or the Detectives office. We learned that Evan Fairbanks had
equipment at his recording studio located at 74 Trinity Place, 4th fi.(Trinity Church). Evan
Fairbanks invited Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler to his studio which was only a five-minute walk
;om the Trade Center. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler walked out of the Police desk with Evan
Report Spam   Logged
Invisible Flame

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 02:10:01 am »

Fairbanks and walked towards the Church St. exit of 5 World Trade Center. Evan Fairbanks
continued filming as we exited the Police desk and walked onto Church St. There were still
people coming up the escalator and stairs in an orderly fashion. As people exited onto Church
St. they were being motioned along by Court Officers, civilians and E.M.T. personnel. We were
walking in the street towards the corner of Church and Fulton St. when we heard a loud roar. I
turned my head and looked up. I knew that 2 World Trade Center, (South Tower) was coming
down. In the beginning, it started coming down slowly, but as it came down the debris started to
shoot out from the building and it picked up speed. We began yelling, Run, run, run! Because I
saw the way the building was coming down, I knew we had a few seconds left before we were
going to get hit with anything. But I didn't know if the building was going to tip over. It was
just coming down and then it started to spread out. I heard Det. Wheeler yelling , "Get in the
subway!" By this time debris was flying past us. There were objects just going over our heads
being blown from the building. There were a lot of people going down into the subway -
firefighters, EMS, many civilians.
We went down the first set of stairs and I could hear the hanging-objects were landing, hitting
fire trucks and the street. We made a left and saw another set of stairs. I was concerned that the
ground would cave in or that part of the building would collapse and the weight of it would
collapse the street. We made it to the second set of stairs and there was a really loud wind noise,
similar to the noise a train makes when coming into a station. The wind was so strong I had to
hold onto the railing of that landing because my body almost went flying off the stairs. Det.
Wheeler was also holding onto the railing in front of me. There weren't any heavy objects
blowing down the vestibule; it was, as I now know, pulverized concrete, building materials, and
Just. The heavy objects, aluminum facade of the building did land on the first set of stairs but
did not reach the second set of stairs because of the angle.
We were having an extremely difficult time breathing. The wind blast lasted for quite awhile
and besides not being able to breathe you could not see anything. The wind gradually slowed
down and I was having a hard time breathing and I could hear people choking. A few times I
heard an unidentified male clearly saying "Breath slowly don't panic", I think that male may
have been a firemen because the only way you would be able to speak that clearly is if you had
oxygen. After awhile I thought, I was going to die right there in the vestibule of the station. The
concern about the ground caving hi wasn't even on my mind anymore because now I couldn't
breathe. I knew I had to get out of there somehow. All of a sudden I heard : Fitzy! Fitzy! It was
Detective Wheeler. I said, 'Jimmy ! I can't breathe!' 'Where are you?' I said, 'Over here!' I
was coughing and choking and Det. Wheeler was having a hard time breathing himself. I felt a
hand grab my wrist; it was Det. Wheeler. I could hear from his voice he was really close; he said
we have to get out of there. We were feeling our way up the stairs stepping over the aluminum
and we couldn't see anything. It was daytime but it was gray, not black, but gray. There were
three or four inches of all this pulverized concrete covering the street. We were stepping over
parts of the building and ended up walking east on Vesey St. towards Broadway. We went into
Au Bon Paui at 222 Broadway where EMS was set up. We were given water, and we were
spitting up the concrete and dust, trying to get it out of our lungs.
After we recovered we began assisting other people who were stumbling into the Au Bon Pain.
}et's Fitzgerald and Wheeler were concerned about Evan Fairbanks because we knew he was
Report Spam   Logged
Invisible Flame

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 02:11:12 am »

standing on the street filming and we saw him moving as the building was coming down but I
didn't know where he went. We agreed to go back to Church and Vesey to look for Evan
Fairbanks. When we stepped out of Au Bon Pain we saw Sgt. Martin Duane stumbling towards
us covered with dust. Sgt. Duane appeared very upset and disorientated and kept repeating Sgt.
Kaulfers first name "Bob". We escorted Sgt. Duane into Au Bon Pain, gave Sgt. Duane water
and stayed with him for a brief time to make sure he was okay.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler then went back to Church and Vesey St. to look for Evan. The
cloud of dust was gone and the area was covered with debris and the vehicles and firetrucks were
damaged. There were very few people in the area and those few people looked as though they
had just exited the complex onto the street. We stayed in the area and went towards Fulton St.
and Church St. to see if we could find Evan Fairbanks. We could not find Evan and Det.
Wheeler and I agreed to back away because we discussed that 1 World Trade Center may also
collapse. There were no injured people in the area so we began walking East on Vesey St.
towards Broadway. As we were walking up Vesey St. 1 World Trade Center came down. There
was no heavy debris landing by us but we were engulfed by the cloud of pulverized concrete,
building materials, and dust. We were running towards Broadway and crossed Broadway and
entered the lobby of an office building with NYPD members, EMT members, FDNY members
and civilians. We moved from the lobby area into the stairwell of that building because we were
having difficulty breathing again and the dust was coming into the lobby.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler exited the building when we were able to see and some of the dust
cleared. We were approached by a female who identified herself as a cardiologist from Europe
and she needed to get to the nearest hospital quickly. The Doctor did have identification and she
stated she was attending a conference in the downtown area. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler did
escort the Doctor to Beekman Hospital and then walked towards Pace University. We saw Sgt.
Schaeffer and P.O. Latimer from the JFK Command near Pace University. We also saw P.O.
Dave LeClaire near Broadway and P.O. LeClaire was completely covered with the dust and
pulverized concrete. P.O. LeClaire was coherent and related that he was caught in the collapse.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler then walked towards Broadway and Park Row where there were
hundreds of FDNY members awaiting instructions and unloading equipment. We entered a
hardware store located on Park Row and removed flashlights from the store. While in the store
an employee stated he had hundreds of crowbars in the basement and that we could take them if
we carried them up from the basement. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler related this information to
the FDNY members. We began speaking with FDNY members who were in the area of the
complex when the buildings collapsed and they mentioned that they were missing between 160
to 200 men. FDNY members stated they were waiting for word to go into the area of the
collapse.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler walked back to Church and Vesey St. and saw total destruction.
The middle and upper floors of World Trade Building 5 were on fire and there were fires burning
all over the area. Civilian, Police, and FDNY vehicles were all damaged and some were burned.
E.M.S. was assisting a heavyset male who was on the ground in front of the Church St. entrance
to World Trade Building 5. The male was having difficulty breathing and was covered with the
dust and pulverized concrete. Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler agreed to enter Building 5 and
earch the Police Desk area to be certain everyone got out. We entered Building 5 on Church St.
Report Spam   Logged
Invisible Flame

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 02:12:16 am »

only saw inventory and other items covering the concourse. We entered the Police Desk area
with our flashlights and searched the rooms behind the Police Desk and tried to get back to the
Detectives Office. We were unable to get all the way back to the reserve room area and the
Detectives Office due to the smoke and partial collapse of the ceiling. Once we were certain no
one was in the area we left the Police Desk area since we had no air packs and the area was full
of smoke.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler exited World Trade Building 5 and began assisting emergency
workers and construction workers who were moving debris to make a pathway at the intersection
of Church and Vesey St At this time we observed Det. McHale on Vesey St. and spoke with
Det McHale. We also spoke with an F.B.I, agent concerning the tape that Evan Fairbanks had.
Construction equipment began arriving in the area of Church and Vesey St. Det's Fitzgerald and
Wheeler walked in the direction of West St and upon arriving in the area of West and Vesey St.
we observed total destruction covering the entire area.
At approximately 1400 hours Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler observed P.O. Barry Pikaard,
(Lincoln Tunnel Command), removing property from a damaged Port Authority Police vehicle.
We asked P.O. Pikaard where our department was set-up and we were advised the Port Authority
Police were in the gym at North Moore and West St. We assisted P.O. Pikaard with some
property and walked North on West St. As we approached the gym we began seeing more Port
Authority Police but I don't remember who they were. What I do remember was hearing
conversation concerning members of our department who were missing. Det's Fitzgerald and
Wheeler entered the gym and were told we were on a list of missing members of our department.
We were told there were approximately 70 names on the list originally and there were still many
Officers unaccounted for.
Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler were instructed to remain in the area of North Moore and West St.
At approximately 1800 hours Chief Moms, (Inspector then), advised Det. Fitzgerald to report to
the Newark Airport Detective Unit in the morning and assist the Detectives at that command.
Chief Morris advised Det. Wheeler to report to the NY FBI HQ in the morning. Det's Fitzgerald
and Wheeler then walked back to the Trade Center. We found our vehicle on the paved walkway
on West St and it was still in condition to be driven. The cars and trucks near our vehicle were
all badly damaged. I drove Det. Wheeler to his residence hi NYC. I then drove to St Peter's
University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ. Because of chest pains and irritation of my eyes. I
arrived at the hospital at approximately 2200 hours and was treated for inhalation injuries. I was
r~_ __ I I was
discharged at approximately 0100 (09/12/01). Det. Fitzgerald reported to the Newark Det. Unit
at 0800 hours, 09/12/01 .
On 09/15/01, Det's Fitzgerald and Wheeler learned Evan Fairbanks did survive by diving under
a fire truck which was parked one block North of Vesey St. The FBI did leam^bout and view
the video that Evan Fairbanks haxL - s /
Det John Fitzgerald
9/11 Personal Privacy Det. James J. Wheel
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: