Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:13:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Obama's startling defense of the 9/11 terrorists

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's startling defense of the 9/11 terrorists  (Read 44 times)
Harconen
Superhero Member

« on: July 31, 2009, 09:23:05 pm »

Obama's startling defense of the 9/11 terrorists

You don't have to look far to find the "real" Barack Obama.  The following is an op-ed piece he wrote for the (Chicago neighborhood) Hyde Park Herald after the 9/11 attacks (with comments in red by this blogger):

"Even as I hope for some measure of peace and comfort to the bereaved families," Obama wrote, "I must also hope that we as a nation draw some measure of wisdom from this tragedy.  (Okay...) Certain immediate lessons are clear (i.e., Al Qaeda was responsible?), and we must act upon those lessons decisively.  (Yes, we must attack Al Qaeda...)   We need to step up security at our airports. (Yes, let's frisk all suspicious-looking men with beards...)   We must reexamine the effectiveness of our intelligence networks.  (Keep going....)  And we must be resolute in identifying the perpetrators of these heinous acts and dismantling their organizations of destruction.  (Paragraph one, no problem.)

"We must also engage, however, in the more difficult task of understanding the sources of such madness. (Uh-oh, here come the "blame America first" arguments...)  The essence of this tragedy, it seems to me, derives from a fundamental absence of empathy on the part of the attackers  (What? 9/11 was caused by the terrorists' "lack of empathy?"): an inability to imagine, or connect with, the humanity and suffering of others.  (Excuse me, but I'm quite sure the terrorists were vividly imagining the suffering of others...)   Such a failure of empathy, such numbness to the pain of a child or the desperation of a parent, is not innate; (Sure, tell the mother of a newborn baby that she is "numb" to her child's pain and crying and that she must be "taught" how to be empathic because she has no "innate" ability to care for her child...)  nor, history tells us, is it unique to a particular culture, religion, or ethnicity.  (There it is: "America is no better than any other country." We had to be "taught" to be the most generous and helpful nation on earth, we're not innately nice.)   It may find expression in a particular brand of violence, and may be channeled by particular demagogues or fanatics. (Okay, some truth there, that those who aren't "innately" empathic may be prone to violence.)   Most often, though, it grows out of a climate of poverty and ignorance, helplessness and despair.  (Ah, of course: rich, greedy Americans must give their money to the rest of the world to stop attacks from those radical Islamist terrorists who attacked the World Trade Center because they're poor!  Oh, wait a minute, Osama bin Laden is incredibly wealthy, having inherited money from his father, who made a fortune in the construction business in the Middle East.)

"We will have to make sure, despite our rage, that any U.S. military action takes into account the lives of innocent civilians abroad. (Our military bends over backwards to avoid harming innocent bystanders, although that is regrettably not always possible in war; but any mistakes made by American soldiers will no doubt immediately be pounced on by liberals and the media as proof of the evil of America.)  We will have to be unwavering in opposing bigotry or discrimination directed against neighbors and friends of Middle Eastern descent. (Um, it would be easier to separate the good Muslims from the bad Muslims if only the good Muslims would publicly condemn the bad ones, instead of letting them hide in their mosques or behind phony charities.)   Finally, we will have to devote far more attention to the monumental task of raising the hopes and prospects of embittered children across the globe—children not just in the Middle East, but also in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe (What? No embittered children in Western Europe or Australia?)  and within our own shores."  (It's always those damned embittered children causing the problems - no wonder Obama supports abortion even in the 9th month of pregnancy!)

What a crock of sophomoric manure, written by someone who lacks common sense but who was exposed to extreme leftist professors throughout his education.  (Umm, that would be the expensive Harvard education paid for by Obama's mean, Christian, racist, white grandparents - in contrast to his alcoholic, bigamist, Muslim father.)

We're attacked by terrorists who kill 3,000 innocent American civilians, and Obama's biggest concern is the lives of innocents abroad after we retaliate?  Why was this sentence number one in his third paragraph?  Was scolding the U.S. military primary in his mind?  Wouldn't the average American assume our military would not engage in random destruction but would plan its targets carefully?  Or was he laying the groundwork for the time when a mistake was made (which always happens in war) so he could self-righteously say, "I told you so?"

Certainly the United States has a ton of foreign policy mistakes under its belt, but America did not cause 9/11.  Nor did a "lack of empathy" among radical Islamist terrorists.  Nor did poverty.  (It isn't our fault some people are too stupid to install flush toilets.)  Note to Obama: America has welcomed tens of millions of  poor, ignorant, helpless immigrants to its shores, and they managed to go to school, work hard, and prosper - without demonstrating any "lack of empathy" by murdering 3,000 innocent people.

Islamic terrorists hate and want to destroy Israel and Western Civilization, period.  They have no tolerance for the viewpoints of others; they mutilate their daughters; they torture gays; they
murder women accused of ****; they force young girls into marriages with strangers; they are polygamists; they kill anyone who leaves Islam; and they don't care who they hurt or kill in their quest for world domination.  Obama may want to psychoanalyze their motives, but I'd rather we leave that until after they're all safely behind bars.

And how can anyone say that humans have no "innate" empathy for suffering, when that is one of the human traits that separates us from the rest of the animal world?  Maybe the crowd Obama hangs around with (like 1960s Weather Underground bomb-throwers William Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn) have no empathy for the pain and suffering of others, but the people I have known all my life (who, unlike many of Obama's friends, do not have criminal records or FBI files) display the best of human traits.

And this guy wants to be President?

Don Fredrick
August 11, 2008

Copyright 2008 Don Fredrick
Report Spam   Logged

Ignis Natura Renovandum Integra

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: