Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:46:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How to Find Atlantis on Google Earth (Sea) - West Coast of Morocco - Canary Isla

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Find Atlantis on Google Earth (Sea) - West Coast of Morocco - Canary Isla  (Read 4199 times)
Warhammer
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 10:01:10 pm »

Sure, lower the water levels back to where they were 10,000 years ago and you probably still don't have Atlantis. On the other hand, maybe there is a  geological process that we don't know about yet that was responsible for it! One never knows.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 10:09:52 pm »

Smiley Including all planetary dynamics, the place called Atlantis is no where on this planet anymore that I can see.
Evidence of the inhabitants would be no less interesting to me though.
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 10:14:23 pm »

Sure.there probably isn't a sunken continent anywhere, maybe part of a sunken continent? They discovered some sunken continental crust in the Atlantic years ago, dated it to some millions of years BC. (by its depth in the water) But what if they were wrong? Also, the oceans really aren't explored that well, especially the depths.  If they were, guys like Robert Ballard would have nothing left to discover!
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 08:23:51 pm »

http://<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MoUyur4tEHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smiley 

“Exploration of Humanity [the coordinates] Continuous for planetary advance”.

+52° 09’ 42.532” (N)
    -13° 13’ 12.69” (W)

Well.  I paused the television.  I nabbed a pen and paper and jotted down the coordinates.  I popped them in the computer and wah-lah: Coastal Ireland.  Granted, they did as well, but where’s the fun in just watching someone else put in the coordinates?
So here is where the fun and rampantly vivid speculation come in.  The coordinates from the supposed message from the supposed binary recitation from the even more supposed UFO knowledge transfer is, as the show was kind enough to point out, near a mythical island off the coast of Ireland.  They don’t go into too much after this.  I mean, Hi-Brasil (that’s the mythical island) doesn’t really have the ‘almost supernatural humans’ appeal of Atlantis.  Oh, not to mention Hi-Brasil didn’t have some dramatic and apocalyptic end, just simply vanished.  More like Bermuda Triangle stuff, really.  Or maybe  global warming just raised sea level enough to cover it up?  (For the record, I don’t think global warming is a mythical tale, I’m just having fun with this.)

1632 Mercator map
Ok.  So here’s a map which is, granted, showing Hi-Brasil a little farther north than the supposed extra-terrestrial knowledge transfer location.   Well, the map is from 1632.  Earlier maps aren’t much better but they didn’t exactly have satellite mapping capability.  If aliens want to be helpful, the sure could have provided better maps for us to look back upon.  Anyhow, there is some credence to the location.

But what’s with Hi-Brasil?  What’s with the people who supposedly lived there?  I mean, the message said something about exploration of humanity and planetary advance right?  Well, Hi-Brasil doesn’t have Atlantean intellect and technology stories pervading legend, now does it?  I mean, the best pop culture reference we have is from Tim Robbin’s Erik the Viking.  Well, some websites (I’ve skimmed many) say it was a home for Celtic gods.  Now, Ufologers (is that a REAL word?) think it was an outpost of sorts.

In reality, what do we have?  Well, more validity than Atlantis but completely lacking the luster.

Hi-Brasil comes from Ui Breasail which translates to “descendants (clan) of Breasal”.  Which begs the question: what/where is Breasal?  Well, popular theory seems to suggest it refers to the landing party that discovered Brasil.  Others venture a guess that monks settled the island.  I did even see a reference that Brasil is also the Irish island of legend: St. Brendan’s Island.

The last reported sighting of Hi-Brasil was by Arthur T.J. Westropp and companions in 1872.  Westropp had seen the island before but wanted to bring others to bear witness as well.  They saw the island… and then supposedly saw it disappear.

Regardless, one almost finds Hi-Brasil more fun than Atlantis.  I mean, it’s on maps all the time and was seen as recently, in theory, as the late 1800’s. Atlantis?  I mean, wasn’t it Plato’s grandpa that passed the legend of Atlantis to him?  I can’t even remember (yes, I’ll look it up later).

Maybe they are wrong… maybe it was actually an island full of druids with amazing powers who actually formed Stonehenge?!  Regardless, some say that Hi-Brasil and Atlantis are one in the same.  To these I say BAH!  Who wants ONE mysterious disappearing island of seeming superhumans when we can have two?!

Regardless... me researching random craziness I see on TV is a sure sign that I need to get back into school pretty soon, eh?

http://nicotye.blogspot.com/2013/01/hy-brasil-binary-and-lot-of-rabid.html
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:28:06 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 08:32:01 pm »

The Story begins:

http://www.ufoeyes.com/2011/01/04/get-the-rendlesham-ufo-binary-code-here/

It is undisputed that the most famous ‘lost island’ is Atlantis. But there is another island which is just as mysterious called Hy-Brasil.

The island is said to be located to the west of Ireland and is known as Hy-Brasil in Irish mythology.

Hy-Brasil (also spelled Hy-Breasal, Hy-Brazil, Hy-Breasil, Brazir) may also be responsible for the naming of the country we know today as Brazil.

According to legends of long ago, Hy-Brasil was a secret land once ruled by priests. These priests held the secrets to the universe and had access to ancient, but powerful knowledge. In folklore, this island country takes its name from Breasal, the High King of the World, in Celtic history.

The island is said to be cloaked in mist, except for one day each seven years, when it became visible but could still not easily be reached.

Over the centuries a number of maps have charted the position of the island. On maps, the island was shown as being circular, often with a central strait or river running east-west across its diameter.

A Catalan map from around 1480 labels two islands “Illa de brasil”, one to the south west of Ireland and the other south of “Illa verde” or what is now known as Greenland.

There have been numerous expeditions in the past to search for this mythical land. One expedition in 1497 was led by John Cabot. He reported that he had found the land and it had been “discovered in the past by the men from Bristol who found Brasil”.

Some historians note that the renowned navigator Pedro Alvarez Cabral also claimed to have reached the island during his voyages in the 1500′s.

The 1600′s had a wealth of reports about the island. In 1674 a Captain John Nisbet and his crew were in familiar waters off the west coast of Ireland. They were enshrouded in fog.

As the fog lifted, they saw that they were close to an island, so anchored in three fathoms of water.

According to reports, four crew members took a small boat and landed on the island. They spent a day there before returning laden with gold and silver. They claimed that an old man who lived on the island had given it to them as a gift.

When they returned to Ireland, a second ship under the command of Alexander Johnson set out to find the island. According to reports of the time, they too found an hospitable island and returned to confirm the previous report.

In 1684, in a book called ‘A Chorographical Description of West or H-Iar Connaught’ mentions an encounter with the island:

“There is now living, Morogh O’Ley (Murrough O Laoi), who imagins he was personally on O’Brasil for two days, and saw out of it the iles of Aran, Golamhead, Irrosbeghill, and other places of the west continent he was acquainted with.”

The last sighting of the island occured in 1872. Author T. J. Westropp and several companions claim to have seen the island appear and then vanish. According to reports this was the third time that the author had seen Hy-Brasil and had brought his mother and companions to witness it for themselves.

The island was once again brought into the public mind in late 2010 with a TV series revelation.

In 1980 Sgt Jim Penniston was stationed at Brentwaters military base. During the UFO incident in Rendlesham Forest, he claims that he touched a UFO and telepathically received a message in the form of binary code, which he wrote down in a small note book shortly after the incident, telling no one about it for three decades.

On the History Channel program ‘Ancient Aliens’ this binary was said to have been decoded by Internet programmer Nick Ciske.

Below the decoded message followed the navigational co-ordinates of an area off the west of Ireland which correlates to the site of Hy-Brasil.

The decoded message read:

Exploration of Humanity Continuous For Planetary Advance

52° 09′ 42.532″ N

13° 13′ 12.69″ W

So, did / does Hy-Brasil actually exist?

Some people claim that what people are acutally seeing is an area near Ireland called the Porcupine Bank.

Porcupine Bank is an area of the Irish shelf approximately 200 kilometers west of Ireland. The relatively raised area of seabed lies between the deep-water Porcupine Seabight and Rockall Trough.

The northern and western slopes of the bank feature species of cold-water corals.

Could it be possible that during times of extreme spring tides that this Bank is epxosed to the surface of the sea? As early as 1870 a paper was read to the Geological Society of Ireland suggesting this identification.

If so, this could explain the reports of land which subsequently disappear quite quickly.

Of course another possible theory is that Hy-Brasil is in fact the lost realm of Atlantis which was said to be situated beyond the Pillars of Hercules (Gibraltar).

The supposed location of Hy-Brasil is indeed beyond the Pillars and therefore fits into the Atlantis location as mentioned by Plato. Is this enough to say that they are one and the same? Certainly the location and the mythology would agree.

HY-BRASAIL, THE ISLE OF THE BLEST

On the ocean that hollows the rocks where ye dwell
A shadowy land has appeared, as they tell;
Men thought it a region of sunshine and rest,
And they called it Hy-Brasail, the isle of the blest.
From year unto year on the ocean’s blue rim,
The beautiful spectre showed lovely and dim;
The golden clouds curtained the deep where it lay,
And it looked like an Eden away, far away!

A peasant who heard of the wonderful tale,
In the breeze of the Orient loosened his sail;
From Ara, the holy, he turned to the west,
For though Ara was holy, Hy-Brasail was blest.
He heard not the voices that called from the shore–
He heard not the rising wind’s menacing roar;
Home, kindred, and safety he left on that day,
And he sped to Hy-Brasail, away, far away!

Morn rose on the deep, and that shadowy isle,
O’er the faint rim of distance, reflected its smile;
Noon burned on the wave, and that shadowy shore
Seemed lovelily distant, and faint as before;
Lone evening came down on the wanderer’s track,
And to Ara again he looked timidly back;
O far on the verge of the ocean it lay,
Yet the isle of the blest was away, far away! p. 248

Rash dreamer, return! O ye winds of the main,
Bear him back to his own peaceful Ara again,
Rash fool! for a vision of fanciful bliss,
To barter thy calm life of labor and peace.
The warning of reason was spoken in vain;
He never revisited Ara again!
Night fell on the deep, amidst tempest and spray,
And he died on the waters, away, far away!

http://blog.strangenewsdaily.net/2011/01/the-mysterious-island-of-hy-brasil-the-other-atlantis/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:35:36 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 08:40:44 pm »

Grin

If there is a shred of truth to the story being told here about the binary code and this Island, I am putting my money on this being Atlantis.
Free to draw you own conclusions, but I am more then curious to know. Even the topography shows that at one time the area could have been above water..
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 01:27:06 am »

Well, that's interesting, all the years I have been looking for Atlantis and I never heard of Hy-Brasil before! It's a little north of where we usually place Atlantis, nowhere near as big, certainly couldn't have had two growing seasons, or was sheltered by the northern winds, but it looks like a possibility. I've heard worse!

Funny thing, the SS Jesmond also ran into a phantom island in the late 1800s, sounds similar to this.
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 09:14:27 am »

Well, that's interesting, all the years I have been looking for Atlantis and I never heard of Hy-Brasil before! It's a little north of where we usually place Atlantis, nowhere near as big, certainly couldn't have had two growing seasons, or was sheltered by the northern winds, but it looks like a possibility. I've heard worse!

Funny thing, the SS Jesmond also ran into a phantom island in the late 1800s, sounds similar to this.

Well I can't call it a Plato's Atlantis, but I would be willing to say that in some ways it's possible that advanced cultures may have been connected in some way.
Finding something like advanced technology for the era, or even a Pyramid would be no less exciting for sure. One more thing I can add to that thought is, what goes into to the Atlantis lore.
What makes Atlantis so interesting is all of the same things being described on the phantom isle. Again I draw the same conclusion I have always drawn on this subject. Atlantis was more of a global culture and not just on one continent or island. Sure there may have been one place it all started, but over the course of time. It became something, more.
Hy-brasil, is just one more example of this.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:18:15 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 09:39:36 pm »

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:17:36 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: