Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 11:12:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The book of dreams and ghosts (1897)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The book of dreams and ghosts (1897)  (Read 1236 times)
Denizen of Darkness
Superhero Member

« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2009, 01:29:19 pm »

"Beast he must have been. No, I never read him."

"He says that Major Buckley's hypnotised subjects saw hidden objects in a blue light — mottoes inside a nut, for example."

"Röntgen rays, for a fiver! But Bolter said nothing about seeing blue light. Well, after three or four séances Bolter used to be very nervous and unwilling to sleep alone, so I once went with him to his one-roomed hut. We turned into the same bed. I was awakened later by a noise and movement in the room. Found the door open; the full moon streaming in, making light like day, and the place full of great big black dogs — well, anyhow there were four or five! They were romping about, seemingly playing. One jumped on the bed, another rubbed his muzzle on mine! (the bed was low, and I slept outside). Now I never had anything but love for dogs of any kind, and as — n'est-ce pas? — love casts out THE THUMBLESS HAND.

fear, I simply got up, turned them all out, shut the door, and turned in again myself. Of course my idea was that they were flesh and blood, and I allude to physical fear.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: