Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:24:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates outraged at arrest at his home

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates outraged at arrest at his home  (Read 9707 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 07:17:01 am »

Jeanetta Clash

Re: Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates outraged at arrest at his home
« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 05:31:36 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Bianca on Yesterday at 03:13:00 pm

Studies of large urban samples show that gang members are responsible for a large proportion of violent crimes.  The most recent National Youth Gang Survey indicated 35% of gang members were African American, 49% were Hispanic, 9% were white, and the remaining 7% as other.  So how do you say "no racial profiling" to the members of Violent Gang Safe Streets Task Force, whom I'm sure use these statistics in addressing the violent crimes that are plaguing our communities.

The use of firearms is a major feature of gang violence.  Gang members are far more likely to carry a fire arm than your average juvenile delinquent.  In the 2000 NYGS, 84% of the gang problems were reported to have at least once occurrence of firearm use by one or more gang members in an assault crime.  These gang members who carried guns are also likely to commit ten times more violent crimes than those who didn't carry a firearm.  So what do you say to the police officer who is aware of all these statistics and is on a traffic stop in the middle of the night with a "hooptie-like" vehicle containing 3 or more Hispanic and African American males in the middle of the worst neighborhood in North Miami Beach?   

What do you say, Mr. President?  Do you advise this officer not to place his/her hand on their firearm because that may be considered racial profiling?  Do you say stop thinking about your family and allowing your life to flash before your eyes because this is racial profiling?  Do you say ignore all of those statistics and the evidence of those statistics that you happen to see on a daily basis -- because that's racial profiling? 

Over the past four decades since the "civil rights" movement, crime statistics have shown that millions of crimes have been committed by African-Americans and other non-white predators against white people.  Some of these crimes include robbery, assault, **** and murder.  Why are these crime rates so disproportionate to the number of White crimes against Blacks and Hispanics? 

Perhaps instead of calling Police officers stupid and going on and on about how African Americans and Hispanics are victims of law enforcement officers you should ask yourself why.  Why does a law enforcement officer get nervous when he's on a call with someone who is believed to be dangerous and happens to be black or Hispanic?  Why is the crime rate so high among African Americans and Hispanics?  Why is the number of African Americans and Hispanics involved in gang related violence so much higher than that of whites?  Perhaps we should start there. 

Perhaps instead placing the blame on others for the victimization of African Americans and Hispanics you should address the fact that they are victims of themselves.  Perhaps you find a way to help them help themselves!  And then when the crime rates begin to drop among this group of people you might find that our police officers who are known to "act stupidly" might be a little less on edge.

Perhaps we should just do away with all racial profiling.  National security...   Who needs it?  I mean if we're so concerned about African Americans and Hispanics what about the Islamic extremists?  They have feelings too.

Back in 2001, FBI agent Williams wanted to investigate certain militant Muslim men whom he suspected of training in U.S. flight schools as part of al-Qaeda missions.  His recommendation was rejected by Director Robert Mueller because of concerns that the plan could be viewed as discriminatory racial profiling.  Since then Director Mueller has acknowledged that perhaps if he hadn't rejected such a notion the Twin Towers may still be standing and 3,000 innocent people may still be alive.  How about that?!

My heart goes out to all of those innocent people who are burdened because of criminals and terrorists who share their race, nationality, or religion.  But I would think any inconvenience is preferable to knowing others out there are suffering because we've decided to walk on egg shells rather than to face the real issues at hand.  Don't you?

Sincerely,

Heather Agins

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/07/dear_mr_president.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, but come on, Bianca, this guy was 5'6", elderly and used a cane to get around.  How much threat does any sane person think he posed?

It is a police officer's job to calm a situation down, and he didn't do that.  Once it was established that Gates lived there, the officer should have swallowed his pride, said something to conclude the situation and walk away.

There was no need to arrest him.

No need for back-up.

No need to haul an elderly little man out of his house because he didn't like his attitude.

The police in this country work for us, they aren't supposed to terrorize us.  We don't live in a police state, we have rights.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeanetta -

The officer was investigating a ROBBERY

- Gates kept asking him "Do you know who I am" (we found out later he
   was Obama's personal friend). 

- At first he only produced his Harvard ID. 
  Gates quickly accused him of RACISM and started his 'tirade'
  (just the thing to do by a 'professor of Racial Relations')

- The 'screeching' and accusations never stopped,
  the cop could not communicate on the cell phone because of it

- A crowd had gathered outside and the scene because of Gates' yelling

READ THE TESTIMONY OF THE   

B L A C K   

OFFICER WHO CAME WHEN THE ORIGINAL OFFICER CALLED FOR
BACK UP

As to him being 5'6" and using a cane......

I am only 5'3 and am almost 72 years old, DISABLED and well-beyond using just a cane. 
Yet I know better than to mouth off at a police officer - under any circumstances.

Should I harangue a policeman like Gates did this one, regardless of colour, you'd better believe that my children would have to bail me out!!

It is obvious that you haven't read how OLD WOMEN are treated by cops. 

No better than men!!

Let's use some common sense, here.....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:22:30 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: