Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:06:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

TOPPER SITE - Pre-Clovis In South Carolina

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOPPER SITE - Pre-Clovis In South Carolina  (Read 4071 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 08:48:33 pm »

An entirely new Aspect of prehistoric tools?

Alan Day lives in the town of Cambridge, Ohio, USA.

He has put together an amazing collection of evidence on a truly off-beat subject. He argues that some seemingly random forms and dents on ancient stone tools are not as random as they look.

When I first saw the following two pictures, I had to laugh out loud. But...

... once I started to investigate Mr. Day's claims by looking for tell-tale scratches and dents in European samples available to me, by golly, they were everywhere! But I am still not sure if this is a visual/psychological effect (like children seeing castles and animals in clouds) or whether this is real.

If you see faces in a few palaeolithic tools, you may have a medical problem or an over-active imagination.

On the other hand, if you spot scratches and dents in the right places on large numbers of ancient stone tools, then you must admit that Mr. Day not only could be but probably is right. I certainly have found dents and scratches (though many too faint to be entirely sure) in stone tools in all the right places and in large numbers.

I appeal to anyone in a position to do so, to quietly have a look at Alan Day's sites and then to go to their stone tool collections. I will say only so much: from my inadequate initial observations, the phenomenon is not limited to north Americam stone tools, it is global.

See Mr. Day's site(s) at - http://www.daysknob.com/Topper_A.htm and at - http://www.daysknob.com/RndmBrd.htm

Mr. Day has the following to say on the subject::

"It is interesting to speculate on the origin of the Bird Spirit image.

Cave paintings by humans of the Paleolithic, with their magnificent depictions of animals of all sorts, often include people only as stick figures if at all.

It has been conjectured that humans of that time considered themselves to be separate from the natural world, having come from above. One of this author's possibly bizarre hypotheses is that this Bird Spirit figure is the manifestation of a sort of "collective unconscious".

Many or perhaps most of us have had vivid flying dreams, particularly in childhood. It seems reasonable to think that if we do it, people hundreds of thousands of years ago did it also, and took it much more seriously and literally. And early humans poking around on the ground must have regarded birds with more than a little wonder. When people first began to think of themselves as transcending their earthbound condition, birds must have quickly come to mind, and a "morphing" of human and bird in their physically rendered imagery seems a logical extension of this."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:54:37 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: