Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:24:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

VIMANAS USED QUICKSILVER - D.H. Childress & Other Sources

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VIMANAS USED QUICKSILVER - D.H. Childress & Other Sources  (Read 3197 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 08:42:27 pm »

Ooooooohhhhhh, it's so frustrating.  I told my husband to read the description and he wouldn't (cause he's watching the world series) and he told me to draw it, so I started drawing and in a break he looked at my picture, and said, "That thing won't fly".  Then I realized I was drawing from the instructions on how to make a "camera" with the deflecting devices so the pilot could see the lay of the land.! Shocked  OOPS.  That was last night and haven't had time to work on it today.  I showed him the picture of the caduceus, and he said it wouldn't fly either, that there had to be more to it.  The principle is there, but he says there's got to be more parts.  I tried to explain that it's the "theory" that's being depicted, not the actuall engine.  In other words, it's an Electro-Magnetic engine.  It's explaining that the heated mercury - activated by electricity caused the vehicle to fly.  I understand about the heat exchanger (coils) but they would get so blinkin' hot, they would have had to be wrapped or coated in something.  I understand about the expansion and contraction, as this can be used as a force, but how was it linked?  That's the thing.

We have a mercury bulb in the bottom, activated with electricity - (what manner of electricity is anyone's guess)  They could have had some kind of battery or a small transformer that collected solar rays or a device that was being constantly bombarded with protons to activate the mercury.  Whatever the coils were made of, would have had to be able to take really high temperatures and take the constant stress of expanding and contracting without losing strength.    It indicates in the picture that it is the expanding and contracting that "lifts" the craft, by the arrows from top to bottom on an angle, but that doesn't mean the thing had wings.  It just means it could make it fly or at least "rise up" as in a flying motion.

This one looks like the other description, of crystals having wires passing thru them.  If that outer ring works like a magneto, then I think it spins one way, while the inner circle spins the other direction or one is stable, and one rotates.

With a magneto system, we have a flywheel, attached to a drive shaft, causing the flyweel to turn very rapidly.  The flywheel has powerful magnets mounted all around it near the edge.  Facing this flywheel and also mounted with magnets, is the commutator.  The magnets on the commutator are wrapped in coiled wire and the wire then goes from one to the next, until you get to the top or "centre pole".  The manets on the flywheel are mounted one way, (either North or South) and the magnets on the commutator are mounted the opposite way, (reverse poles) so that they are constantly repelling each other.  This creates electricity, which is then dispersed thru the coiled wires, and up to the "centre pole" and you direct it wherever you want it to go from there.  In the Model-T, that would be to the headlights, and the coils.  The coils then spark and ignite the fuel to drive the engine. 

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 09:26:57 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: