Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:09:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

VIMANAS USED QUICKSILVER - D.H. Childress & Other Sources

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VIMANAS USED QUICKSILVER - D.H. Childress & Other Sources  (Read 3083 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: July 05, 2007, 09:33:58 am »

V I M A N A S   U S E D   Q U I C K S I L V E R

MERCURY VAPOR PROPULSION

Apparently, a person doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to receive insights into the realities of rocket science:   just a little imagination and logic and an internet connection.   Such is the case with this humble author.

When I read the passage from the Ramayana that referred to flying machines (Vimanas) that navigated at great heights with the aid of quicksilver, I checked first with my dictionary to be sure that quicksilver was indeed mercury.   The only way I could connect mercury with any kind of energy was the mercury vapor such as is used in those powerful lamps.   However, I had no educational background to tell me that it could be used as rocket fuel in any way.   That's where the internet comes in.   By simply linking “mercury vapor” and “propulsion” in Google, corroborating sites pop into view. Here are a few of them:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:10:43 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:38:26 am »

http://www.islandone.org/APC/Electric/06.htm

ELECTRON-BOMBARDMENT ION ENGINE

Robert H. Frisbee

“The DC Electron-bombardment (EB) ion thruster was first operated in the laboratory in 1960 at NASA LeRC.   With high efficiency (50-75%) and high specific impulse (2,500-10,000 lbf-s/lbm, the electron-bombardment ion thruster offers significant increases in payload, and reductions in trip time and initial mass, enabling lower cost, faster planetary missions.   EB ion thrusters produce thrust by accelerating a beam of positive ions through an electrostatic field to high velocity.
Mercury vapor was used as propellant in laboratory tests for over 20 years and was successfully used in two flight experiments.   Environmental concerns regarding mercury handling resulted in mercury being replaced by xenon in ion engine development programs throughout the world.”
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:13:09 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 09:44:54 am »

http://www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/Sionrock.htm

I O N   R O C K E T S

Dr. David P. Stern

“The ion rocket is another means of providing thrust, more gradually but also more efficiently than a conventional rocket.   The material ejected here is xenon, a heavy inert gas, compressed inside strong containers (mercury vapor was also considered).   As in the nuclear rocket, the energy which propels the xenon jet comes from a different source; here it is electrical energy from solar cells.”

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 09:46:55 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 09:50:01 am »

http://www.electrogravity.com/index2.html

ANCIENT and PRESENT PLASMA FIELD

PROPULSION SYSTEMS

By Jerry E. Bayles
Thoughts About Ancient UFO Style Craft and Their Propulsion Systems
“The second thought is that there exists references to ancient craft supposedly related to the lost continent of Atlantis and India that created a charged vapor circulating over the surface of a craft, (which incidentally was made out of many types of metal that formed some strong alloy unknown to us today), and whose surface glowed brightly in the atmosphere.   The crafts primary drive supposedly used the metal Mercury in a closed system that heated the Mercury to a high heat.   This vapor was set into oscillation through a set of coils wound in caduceus fashion.   (Wrapped around each other like two snakes, the heads pointing at each other.)”
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 09:52:17 am »

http://www.ieee.org/organizations/history_center/legacies/emmet.html

IEEE HISTORY CENTER

“William Le Roy Emmet was an American electrical engineer.   Emmet made significant contributions to ac power systems including the design of large rotary converters which were used widely to convert transmitted ac power to direct current needed for the manufacture of aluminum, electric railways, and other applications.   Emmet worked to equip battleships with turboelectric drives.   Emmet devoted a great deal of time and energy to the development and promotion of mercury vapor turbine, 'as a more efficient power generation system than steam turbines.'   A few mercury turbines were installed as a result of his efforts but the difficulties and risks in using the new technology led to termination of the development after retirement.   He died in Erie, Pennsylvania, on September 26, 1941, at age 82.”
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 09:55:53 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 09:57:38 am »

http://chem.ch.huji.ac.il/~eugeniik/history/emmet.html

This site gives additional info to the above.

http://wildcat.phys.nwu.edu/classes/2002Fall/Phyx135-

2/Projects/Ion_Propulsion/ion_propulsion/engineering.htm

ENGINEERING OF IPS

“In electron bombardment sources, ions are formed by collisions with electrons.   A thermal filament emits electrons and a magnetic field causes them to move in a helical path until they finally collide with a propellant atom.   These collisions either produce a single ion or an ion and an electron.   This electron will then take part in another collision.   A strong electric field moves the ionized propellant particles towards the exit of the engine while the neutral propellant particles remain to be ionized.   Propellants used with this method of ionization generally need to have a low ionization potential and a high atomic weight.   Mercury vapor, cesium vapor, and some noble gas are suitable for use.
Electrostatic propulsion engines require an easily ionized, relatively heavy and gaseous propellant.   Cesium vapor and mercury vapor are often used but must be prepared before using by vaporization.   In addition, some noble gases are also employed. ”

Credit: NASA Deep Space I Archives

http://www.ufo-gods.com/ufo_files/quicksilver.html
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 10:01:44 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 01:00:42 pm »

http://home.att.net/~m.standridge/fringe.htm

In 1905, shortly after the death of famous novelist Jules Verne, a book that he had written a couple of years before was published. It was titled The City in the Sahara. In the book, Verne made one of his least known but most accurate "predictions" about a future technological device, the gyrocopter. Similar to a helicopter in principle, the gyrocopter utilizes a large overhead whirling blade to keep it aloft, with a pushing propeller in the rear to move it forward. Unlike a helicopter, the upper blade on the gyrocopter is non-motorized. It rotates by catching the air on one side as the pushing propeller moves the craft first along the ground, then into the air. Like the helicopter, the upper blade provides the lifting force.

Verne, interestingly, placed these devices in a city in the Middle East. He always maintained that any device he wrote about was introduced to him by his contemporaries on some level. In the case of the Nautilus, for example, the Civil War submarine the Hunley was a small-scale prototype.

The ancient Indo-European documents that clearly are originally based in the Mid-East, refer to flying craft of several different types, often called Vimanas. However, the accounts are fragmentary and it is difficult to get a clear idea of what may be referred to. The only two consistent themes that seem recognizable are the ramjet and the use of what appears to be mercury to in some way begin a process of movement in the parts of a flying machine.

According to these themes, a lifting body is designed that sounds remarkably like the gyrocopter.

1). The upper blade is stimulated into movement by the heating of quicksilver (mercury).

2). Once the mercury begins to move, its placement in the shaft that holds the main upper blade to the top of the flying machine causes the big blade to begin to rotate.

3). This rotating blade apparently housed on one side a huge ducted vent.

4). Once the big upper blade has rotated fast enough, it begins to produce the effect of a primitive ramjet--a device capable of sucking air into its front side, then forcing it out through its back at a fast rate of speed.

5). Once the speed of the rotating blade is sufficient, the ducted vent is forcing air into the front at a proportionately higher rate of speed.

6). Having achieved a certain rate of rotation for the upper blade, the rotation fo the blade is briefly slowed, so that the discharged air out the ducted vent, from the last round of rotation, is faster than the subsequent one. When this occurs, the craft can leave the ground.

7). A series of knotted ropes is placed in the rear of the craft, designed in a manner to allow for one rope to unknot and, in the process, re-knot the preceding rope. A chain reaction then ensues, in which the unknotting of one rope results in the re-knotting of the other ropes. This creates a horizontal movement for the craft.<>/p>

Cool. Having thus triggered the horizontal movement, the series of ropes then powers a rotating blade in the rear of the craft. The huge upper blade, continuing to move through the air, alternately moves faster, then slower, with the fluctuating speed of the knotting and un-knotting ropes ensuring that the ducted vent on the upper blade is periodically forcing air out at a rate faster than the subsequent rotational spin of the upper blade.

9). The result is a gyrocopter-like flying machine, with some apparent differences in appearance.

To see just what that appearance would be, let's stand back and look at this bad boy briefly:

The general appearance would be somewhat more similar to the gyrocopter of Verne's novel to the current gyrocopter. The upper "blade" is a huge affair, and not rigid as are current, motorized gyros. While it would be recognizable as a 'copter of some sort, it would have appeared quite bizarre, with the huge upper blade being nearly incomprehensible as a blade, looking rather more like a huge, solid sheet or blanket--or, perhaps, more in colloquial terms of the legends of the time, like a huge...carpet: a flying carpet.

Because the upper, rotating blade-carpet has to be slowed every other round of rotation in order for the ducted vent to produce a ramjet-like effect, there are small ducts on the alternate edges of the carpet, to briefly increase air drag for very short periods of time. These increase the carpet-like appearance of the upper blade.
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 02:04:00 pm »

Cool   Cool!  You knew "mercury" was going to attract me over here, LOL. So then what do you think my little "gold bug" was powered by?  An ion propolusion drive?  That would work fine in outer space, but I don't think it has the umph to get a vehicle out of the earth's gravitational field, does it?  I really don't know, but from what I've read, not.  Ivan Sanderson thought this little thing could leave the atmoshpere, travel in space, re-enter and land.  Boy that's something I bet NASA only dreams about! 
Here's a picture of it again, posted in another thread too, of course.

[imghttp://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x25/mdsungate/sar_71.jpg][/img]

Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 04:00:59 pm »

I got to say that any woman, especially me, would love to have a bunch of those adorning

her suit lapels......

Thank you!
b

P.S.  I think I'll put them in a special thread, instead.   But not right now, the moon is just going

"Void of Course", of course.....
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 05:36:42 pm »

http://www.electrogravity.com/index2.html

THE ABOVE PICTURE BEGINS THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER FROM D.H. CHILDRESS' BOOK

V I M A N A
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 08:15:42 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 06:48:34 pm »

M E R C U R Y   V O R T E X   E N G I N E S

V I M A N A

AIRCRAFT OF ANCIENT INDIA & ATLANTIS

By: David Hatcher Childress

Perhaps the most valuable information that has been gotten from the VIMAANIKA SHASTRA
OF BHARADWAAJA is the description of what are known today as "Mecury Vortex Engines".

In Chapter V of the Vimaanika Shastra, Bharadwaaja describes from the ancient texts which
are his reference, how to create a mercury vortex engine.

"Prepare a square or circular base of 9 inches width with wood and glass, mark its centre,
and from about an inch and a half thereof draw lines to edge in the 8 directions, fix 2 hinges
in each of the lines in order to open shut.  In the centre erect a 6 inch pivot and four tubes,
made of VISHVODARA metal, equipped with hinges and bands of iron, copper, brass or lead,
and attach to the pegs in the lines in the several directions.  The whole process is to be co-
vered.

Prepare a mirror of perfect finish and fix it to the DANDA or pivot.  At the base of the pivot
an electric YANTRA should be fixed.  Crystal and glass beads should be fixed at the base,
middle and end of the pivot or by its side.  The circular or goblet shaped mirror to attract solar
rays should be fixed at the foot of the pivot.  To the west of it the image-reflector should be
placed.  Its operation is as follows:

First the pivot or pole should be stretched by moving the KEEELEE OR SWITCH.  The observation
mirror should be fixed at its bottom.  In it a crystal bead with hole should be placed. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 07:12:13 pm »

Through the hole in the chemically purified bead, sensitive wires should be passed
and attached to the end beads in various directions.  At the middle of the pole,
mustard cleaned solar mirror should be fixed.  At the foot of the pole a vessel should
be placed with liquid ARUCHAKA salt.  A crystal should be fixed in it with  hinge and
wiring.  In the bottom centre should be placed a goblet-like circular mirror for attract-
ing solar rays. 

To the west of it a reflecting mechanism should be placed.  To the east
of the liquid salt vessel, the electric generator should be placed and the wiring of the
crystal attached to it.  The current from both the YANTRAS  should be passed to the
crystal attached to it.  The current from both the YANTRAS should be passed to the
crystal in the liquid RUCHAKA  salt vessel. 

Eight parts of sun-power in the solar reflector
and twelve parts of electrical power should be passed through the crystal into the
mercury and on to the universal reflecting mirror.  And then that mirror should be
focused in the direction of the region which has to be photographed. 

The image which appears in the facing lens will then be reflected through the crystal in
the liquid salt solution.  The picture which will appear in the mirror will be true to life, and
enable the pilot to realize the conditions of the concerned region, and he can take the
appropriate action to ward off danger and inflict damage on the enemy."
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 08:57:22 pm »

Two paragraphs later Bharadwaaja says, "....Two circular rods made of magnetic metal
and copper should be fixed on the glass ball so as to cause friction when they revolve.

To the west of it a globular ball made of VAATAPAA glass with a wide open mouth should
be fixed.  Then a vessel made of SHAKTIPAA glass, narrow at the bottom, round in the
middle, with narrow neck, and open mouth with 5 beaks should be fixed.  Then a vessel
made of SHSKTIPAA glass, narrow at the bottom, round in the middle, with narrow neck,
and open mouth with 5 beaks should be fixed on the middle bolt.  Similarly on the end
bolt should be placed a vessel of sulfuric acid (BHRAAJASWAD-DRAAVADA).  On the pegs
on the southern side 3 interlocked wheels should be fixed.  On the north side liquified
mixture of loadstone, mercury, mica, and serpent-slough should be placed.  And crystals
should be placed at the requisite centres.

" 'MANIRATNAAKARA' (here Bharadwaaja is referring to an ancient authority, now lost - ed)
says that the SHAKTYAAKAESHANA yantra should be equipped with 6 crystals known as
BHAARADWAAJA, SANJANIKA, SOURRYA, PINGALAKA, SHSKTIPANJARAKA and PANCHA-
JYOTIERGARBHA.

"The same work mentions where crystals are to be located.  The SOURRYA MANI is to be
placed in the vessel at the foot of the central pole.  SANJANIKA MANI should be fixed at the
foot of the central pole.  SAJANIKA MANI should be fixed at the middle of the triangular wall.
PINGALAKA MANI is to be fixed in the opening in the NAALA-DANDA.  PANCHA-JYOTIRGARBHA
MANI should be fixed in the sulfuric acid vessel, and SHAKTI-PANJARAKA MANI  should be placed 
in the mixture of magnet, mercury, mica, and serpent-slough.  All the five crystals should be
equippped with wires passing through glass tubes.

"Wires should be passed from the centre in all directions.  Then the triple wheels should be set in revolving motion, which will cause the two glass balls inside the glass case, to turn with increasing
speed rubbing each other the resulting friction generating 100 degree power....."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 10:17:01 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 11:11:08 am »

Smiley  Wow Bianca.  This is as close to an actual design of ancient technology as you could get!   Shocked

I had already know that the "magic wand of Mercury" was an ancient symbol of something electrical.  The snake was a symbol of electricity, (it probably was an eel, not a snake, which would make the symbol very understandable).

But who knew that in every hospital and drug store was a blueprint for a mercury engine?

I never stopped to wonder why there were wings on the top of the staff.  Wings... of course... vimani... flight!  Wow! Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 11:44:30 am »

Makes sense, Sungate.  Good point about the Moray eels!!!

And the wings and Caduceus for Mercury:  First Pilot - God of the Pilots?  I always wondered
why he was made to carry the Caduceus, as he was no physician.  Now we know. 

Of all the Gods, I think he's the most complicated.  So much is attributed to him and all of
it makes sense!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: