Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:59:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The ARE's 2007 Search For Atlantis

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The ARE's 2007 Search For Atlantis  (Read 5360 times)
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 02:17:31 am »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the information. Hope you don't mind if I dwell more on the marble, but, if it actually pans out, it is the type of cut and dry discovery that will really leave no doubt with people.  The cement columns were a big find back in 1968 when they were discovered, this would blow even them away.

After we cleaned off part of it we knew what it was.

Meaning you knew it was part of a temple, something modern, or part of the temple of a specific culture?

Have you done any testing on any of this yet to determine just what it is and when it came to rest there?  Naturally, you can't carbon date stone, but I have heard that if any mortar was involved, you can carbon date that.

We did not find any ship remains under the marble, but if Richard Wingate had not found the ship under it in 1970 (as he reported), he would certainly have discovered Atlan's temple and would have publicized it. That's why I believe the marble was ship cargo.

I'm confused, did Wingate find pieces of a ship beneath the marble that aren't there now?

Also, you said you would release more photos, I assume that will be after the George Norry show?

Desiree
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: