Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 08:35:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The ARE's 2007 Search For Atlantis

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The ARE's 2007 Search For Atlantis  (Read 5272 times)
Greg Little

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 09:22:59 pm »

The rectangular formations (100-feet deep), which we believe are building foundations, were first found by Bill Donato via side-scan sonar in Nov 06. But Bill could not find them diving after the sonar picked them up. (Strong bottom currents.) We went to Bimini in late June, used our own side-scan sonar to refind the rectangular structures, immediately dropped lead weight buoy markers into them and then dived them. To my knowledge no one else has ever reported these.

The marble: the Browns took us there as they had been there briefly several years ago. They knew we wanted to see any bottom stone that they knew about. They had never dived it before and did not know it was marble. After we cleaned off part of it we knew what it was. When Lora and I returned to the states we started searching every written report we could find. That's when we found what Wingate wrote about it. The site has probably been known about for some time and some people probably know it is marble and most only care about the site because a lot of fish hang out there. We found the marble at the end of our trip and we were basically done with Bimini. I'm grateful Wingate wrote about it because he saved us a lot of work and a lot of worry.

Nothing at Andros or the Great Bahama Bank relates to Wingate.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: