Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:07:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Has God Abandoned Us, Or was God Never Here in the First Place?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has God Abandoned Us, Or was God Never Here in the First Place?  (Read 864 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: June 29, 2009, 01:54:10 am »

Has God Abandoned Us

There is no excuse for earthquakes to happen, killing tens of thousands.

No excuse for the mother or father of a child to be slaughtered by some murderer, leaving that child an orphan.

No excuse for tens of millions to live under the whim of tyranny.

No excuse for AIDS.

No excuse for famine.

For pestilence.

For cancer.

It could be that God is trying to teach is a lesson.  It could also be that that same lesson is redundant, we have learned it all too well.  No one has to teach the human race about pain, we are the human race and pain is our mantra.

So either we are faced with these choices:

God does not care what is happening.

We have to ask God to help us first to help us with what is happening.

The power to affect these things is beyond God.

Or, most chilling, there is no God:  we are simply a cosmic accident, and we are all alone in the universe.

Cheers,

Dawn

Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:01:34 am »

I go with:  God doesn't give a flying fig.  I mean, look at some of the people on this earth:  would you want to save them??  Especially politicians, CEOs and cops! 

Uhg!

Back up the dump truck and haul all those mother fuckers in.
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 02:09:04 am »

He never existed.  It's a shame that people still believe in a archaic "scientific" explanation of the earth and how life was created.  I don't think we were a cosmic accident and we're the only intelligent life in the universe.  I bet the universe is teaming with life and to think otherwise is ignorant and narrow-minded.
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
12 Apostles

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 02:28:22 am »

That is a shameful thing to say, Robert.  What if God judges you entirely on your belief in him, on your faith in him, and, in displaying that you lack faith, a very dark fate awaits you..?

As we know from the Bible, God is a stern judge of character, and, once he makes his mind up, he does not often change it!

Report Spam   Logged
Shades of Deep Purple

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 02:37:09 am »

We have to remember how religion got started, namely as myth that gained some organization.  In ancient times, man attributed whatever he could not understand to the gods.

But, if there are actually no gods, the question remains, how did all this get started with such originality and precision?
Report Spam   Logged
Shades of Deep Purple

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 02:39:16 am »

I don't think we were a cosmic accident and we're the only intelligent life in the universe.  I bet the universe is teaming with life and to think otherwise is ignorant and narrow-minded.

If you don't think life was a cosmic accident, how do you think it got started?
Report Spam   Logged
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 06:37:35 am »

This is a post from one of my Sisters from U.S.

"a funny little joke..no offense intended

So, I'm standing at a bus stop and they pull up. A car load of well meaning, bible thumping nut cases that are just frantic! The middle aged professionally dressed woman rushes forward...She takes my arm and with a trembling voice she asks...."Have you found
Jesus?" Her eyes plead with an urgency that is out of proportion to a bus stop

Now normally I just politely decline the sermon, and free religious paperwork that such folk pawn off on unsuspecting by-standers. But, unfortunately for her, she is the fourth car to accost me in the last 9 minutes. So by now I'm beginning to wonder what the heck is wrong with these people. I mean if its not Christians it is the Jehovah's Witnesses. Can a simple pagan get no peace?

So calmly as I can muster, without being sarcastic I reply, "You people lost him, again??"

The woman looks confused. This is not the response she was hoping for and she needs to regroup. She takes a deep breath intending to launch into her sales pitch for her God, and church, paying no heed to the concept that I might not be into being converted. I decide to not let her get going so I launch into a speech of my own...

"What is wrong with you Christians? Every time I turn around you've lost Him!" I hit her with a glare of accusation. "I mean really..." I take a measured breath. "How do you expect to have anyone follow a deity that you can't even find!"

The poor woman looks stunned. This isn't going so good. Panicked she looks desperately to the car... Surely one of the men can help.... Undaunted I press on... "Maybe the problem is with you people... I mean Muslims never seem to loose their deity. Come to think of it neither do Jews, or Pagans of any kind."

I look at the man getting out of the car. He's all smiles. "I realize you people used to burn people like me at the stake... What was that about... deity even? I may be a Pagan-heathen, but I have never ever woke up panicked that I couldn't find my Goddess or God. They are always right where they should be... In the fire of my candle, in the air that I breath, in the earth that I stand on, in the water of my spring. I never feel abandoned by my deity(ies)."

"Of course, you Christians aren't much fun..." I continue. By now they are all out of the car. Befuddled, aghast, and at a loss for words. "Of course," I offer trying to give them some defense for
losing Jesus. "He could have left due to religious differences. If I remember correctly he was Jewish. So if you are really so eager to find him..." I smile gently to soften the blow. "Check the nearest synagogue. He's probably in there. Also you folks should try and remember that this is America... Where freedom of religion means ALL religions."

Slowly they climb back into their car and drive away. I stand at the bus stop... No pamphlets, no bible, no dogma. I haven't found Jesus, but I haven't lost him either:)

Someone sent this to me because they believe no one can have too much Deity. It is a blessing in disguise. You can keep it to your self or pass it on. Oh, and if you've found Jesus, please get his face on the evening news A.S.A.P so the Christians can stop looking for him."

By my opinion Homo est Deus.
Report Spam   Logged

Ignis Natura Renovandum Integra
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 09:38:18 am »

God Bless America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRXCEzZRM-I&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged

Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 11:18:51 am »

That is a shameful thing to say, Robert.  What if God judges you entirely on your belief in him, on your faith in him, and, in displaying that you lack faith, a very dark fate awaits you..?

As we know from the Bible, God is a stern judge of character, and, once he makes his mind up, he does not often change it!

Well since I deny the existence of such a being none of that actually matters to me.
Report Spam   Logged

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Dark Goddess
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 11:27:10 am »

On the other hand, if there is no God, in who's image were we made in? 
Report Spam   Logged
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 11:36:01 am »

10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer.So welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHJ4ztnldQ&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged

Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 12:07:05 pm »

No ones.

Great video Harconen.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:18:54 pm by Robert0326 » Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 12:07:33 pm »

Our parents, or postman, etc.
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 12:34:02 pm »

Prove yourself that Jesus is imaginary in less than 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUj8hg5CoSw&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged

Quasar
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 01:08:18 pm »

Perhaps there was some genetic engineering involved to create the human race, not exactly God, but an advanced race.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: