Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 10:33:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How Will the Human Race End?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Will the Human Race End?  (Read 9391 times)
the Mark of Caine
Superhero Member

« on: June 25, 2009, 02:12:29 am »

I have a few ideas.  There is no doubt that the human race WILL end, as all things are cyclical and so everything comes to an end sooner or later.

The dinosaurs were a lot bigger than us, ruled the earth for a far longer time, but they ended, too!

Here are a few suggestions:

1.  Nuclear War - an oldie but goody.  No one wants it to happen, but there are tens of thousands of warheads out there still and more than a few nutcases that would like to shoot them off.  Don't think that the most advanced nukes can't do the job towards everyone, we have just seen the effects of atomic bombs back in the 40s, hydrogen bombs and later ones are a lot worse.

2.  Ice Age - Earth's natural state is a state of ice and snow, we are just in an interglacial now.  Eventually, the ice sheets will return and grind our cities into the sea, even the skyscrapers!  Ice mows down existing civilizations, by the way, it does not cover them.  People cannot survive the intense cold when the temps drop as much as they are bound to.

3.  An asteroid hits the earth - the most likely scenario, and the one most often cited as the cause of the death of Atlantis, per the Otto Muck theory.  The problem with the Muck theory is that if an asteroid actually did hit the ocean and bring about the end of Atlantis, there probably wouldn't be anyone left to tell about it, let alone write it down.  It would be a life extinguishing event.

Those are my ideas, I would like to know if anyone has any ideas of their own to add.

I doubt that any of these things will happen in our lifetime (although there are some days when I think it would be merciful for the human race to be put out of its misery Smiley ), but one, of all of them will happen eventually.

How will the human race meet its end? 

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Constantine

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 07:22:20 am »

Perhaps a global pandemic, like SARS or Swine Flu.
Report Spam   Logged
Manutius

I pray that God's an atheist

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 10:37:12 am »

The human race will not end.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoot the homeless.
strages consanguinei me vos canis
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 11:06:45 am »

The human race will not end.
Can you guarantee that?
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Horus

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 12:20:18 pm »

The "combo plate", which is what the antediluvian civilization of Atlantis and Lemuria experienced with Carolina Bays meteor impacts, a axial poleshift, misuse and resultant calamity from destructive energy sources, and war. 

There are several "supervolcanos" around the world which are ticking timebombs.  Yellowstone is by far the most dangerous and is capable of destroying all life on earth except creatures huddled around geothermal vents on the ocean floors.  Another smaller one they are watching is in the Canaries whose caldera will collapse into the ocean triggering tsunamis 30 meters high that will trash the coastal regions of the Americas.  Any time now!  Smiley

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:51:31 pm by Horus » Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 03:25:56 pm »

Then again, maybe nothing trulely dies.
Matter is matter. Once it stops being used to serve one purpose, it is recycled to serve another.

As for how human life will end?

That is up to God!
I can only offer this one idea.

It's gonna suck, LOL.
Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 03:45:31 pm »

We are on too many planets for the human species to go extinct.  From Venus, Earth, Saturn, underground on Mercury and Mars all the way to Andromeda to Arcturus.

If the Saurians haven't been able extinguish humanity from the Universe no one will.
Report Spam   Logged
Manutius

I pray that God's an atheist

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 06:39:08 pm »

Damn, Volitzer beat me with his answer.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoot the homeless.
strages consanguinei me vos canis
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 06:44:56 pm »

However I beleive the concern is here my dear friend.

We are going to go through this thinning process to allow the Earth a chance to heal itself. If this doesn't happen. The human race will eventually cause this planet to be uninhabitable to our kind.
This is also happening as a result of what is needed for us all to change our ways.

In truth, I love the humans.....
Really I do.

Yet I can't wait til everything does happen the way it is supposed to.
Atleast then, I know that when I die. I will know the truths I have sought all my life about everything.
Possibly billions will die. Yet those who endure through all thes things yet to come, stand to inherit real freedom. Real peace. Real everything.

I dream of this for our kind and theirs.
Volitzer- I know that we both care for this planet and it's inhabitors. Yet I feel that letting them do as they will until the day comes is better then warning them about whats to come.
Nothing will change their fates once they themselves have decided them.

We must make things right with ourselves in the time we have.
Atleast then, in life or in death, we can be one with the source of all things.
The heavens are The kingdom of God and in this kingdom is abundant life.
The understanding of these things is what we have yet to gain and somehow, I know that we will have this.

One day down the road, God is going to allow our collective understanding to grow beyond anything we can even conceive for now.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 06:47:59 pm »

No Thing- Do you agree?
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 06:51:54 pm »

The "combo plate", which is what the antediluvian civilization of Atlantis and Lemuria experienced with Carolina Bays meteor impacts, a axial poleshift, misuse and resultant calamity from destructive energy sources, and war. 

There are several "supervolcanos" around the world which are ticking timebombs.  Yellowstone is by far the most dangerous and is capable of destroying all life on earth except creatures huddled around geothermal vents on the ocean floors.  Another smaller one they are watching is in the Canaries whose caldera will collapse into the ocean triggering tsunamis 30 meters high that will trash the coastal regions of the Americas.  Any time now!  Smiley

Horus can you produce links that have more information on that. I want to research that more.
I mean Yellowstone is a given. We know the potential for destruction on that does pose a threat. Howver I am intriqued to know more about this Canary Island super-volcano. It's the first I've heard of this.
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 07:50:27 pm »

We are on too many planets for the human species to go extinct.  From Venus, Earth, Saturn, underground on Mercury and Mars all the way to Andromeda to Arcturus.

If the Saurians haven't been able extinguish humanity from the Universe no one will.

Dear friend please don't forget the Aldebaran.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.aviation.military/2005-10/msg00944.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:52:00 pm by Harconen » Report Spam   Logged

Ignis Natura Renovandum Integra
Priory of Scion

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 09:12:46 pm »

Howver I am intriqued to know more about this Canary Island super-volcano. It's the first I've heard of this.

I'm not certain there is a Canary Island supervolcano.  Sections of the islands have landslided into the ocean in the past and they do expect it to happen again, if I remember correctly.  The ramifications are expected to bring tidal waves that will hit the east coast of America.  Will that bring about the end of life as we know it? I doubt it.  But it will have the potential to match the death toll of the 2004 tsunamis.
Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 10:31:57 pm »

Horus can you produce links that have more information on that. I want to research that more.
I mean Yellowstone is a given. We know the potential for destruction on that does pose a threat. Howver I am intriqued to know more about this Canary Island super-volcano. It's the first I've heard of this.

I learned of this on two different History Channel documentaries which demonstrated its potential effects in graphic detail -tidal waves smashing skyscrapers, etc.   I didn't state that it was a supervolcano nor that it would destroy human civilization by itself -just one of many events that may happen during a period of cleansing earth changes that collectively comprise a new "combo plate".
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Volkaitis
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 10:50:54 pm »

The human race is bound to no longer exist at sometime, for the sake that we are constantly evolving. Neaderthal Man and Cro-Magnon man are no longer around, and dinosaurs may or may not have evolved into birds.  Whop knows what we will evolve into in a hundred million years?  It's bound to not be human, though, and they shall probably scorn what we are right now as much as we scorn the images and ways of our own past descendents.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: