Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:11:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Libyan Glass

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libyan Glass  (Read 3751 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: June 15, 2007, 11:24:34 am »

Dear DHill,

Re: Natural Vitrification

Please note the last paragraph about the vitrification caused by nuclear explosion.

Love and Peace,
b

LECHATELIERITE

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lechatelierite is silica glass, amorphous SiO2. One common way in which lechatelierite forms naturally is by very high temperature melting of quartz sand during a lightning strike. The result is an irregular, branching, often hollow tube of silica glass called a fulgurite.

Lechatelierite also forms as the result of high pressure shock metamorphism during meteorite impact cratering and is a common component of a type of glassy ejecta called tektites. Most tektites are blebs of impure glassy material, but tektites from the Sahara Desert in Libya and Egypt, known as Libyan desert glass, are composed of almost pure silica, that is almost pure lechatelierite. High pressure experiments have shown that shock pressures of 85 GPa are needed to produce lechatelierite in quartz grains embedded in granite. [1]

Lechatelierite may also form artificially, a unique example being the trinitite produced by melting of quartz sand at the first nuclear bomb explosion at Trinity Flats, White Sands, New Mexico.

Lechatelierite is a mineraloid as it does not have a crystal structure. Although not a true mineral, it is often classified in the quartz mineral group.

References

Mineral Galleries retrieved June 4, 2005.
Webmineral retrieved June 4, 2005.
C. Schrand and A. Deutsch, 1998, FORMATION OF LECHATELIERITE AND IMPACT MELT GLASSES IN EXPERIMETALLY SHOCKED ROCKS, Lunar and Planetary Science XXIX 1671.pdf retrieved June 4, 2005.
  This article about a specific mineral, mineraloid, or rock type is a stub.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lechatelierite"
Categories: Minerals | Glass | Mineral stubs

*************************************************************************************

Mother Nature makes glass each time a large amount of energy is released during a sufficient period of time at the Earth's surface, provided that the soil composition is suitable for making glass. The latter condition is satisfied, for example, by sandy soil, with the resultant natural glass being silica glass named "lechatelierite" after the French chemist Henry Le Châtelier (1850-1936). There are two phenomena that are responsible for making natural glass on Earth: meteorites and lightning. Glass that is made as a result of the collision of a meteorite with the Earth's surface is called meteoritic glass or tektite. Glass (a glassy object, to be exact) that is made as a result of a cloud-to-ground lightning discharge is called a fulgurite (from the Latin "fulgur" which means lightning). Fulgurites come in a great variety of forms and can be viewed as nature's own works of art. It is worth noting that lechatelierite (natural silica glass) is not present in obsidian, a glass-like material associated with volcanic activity. On the other hand, volcanic activity is known to generate lightning which, if it strikes sandy soil, may produce a fulgurite. Silica glass has been also made as a result of nuclear explosions. In 1945, the first nuclear bomb (equivalent to 18,000 tons of TNT) was detonated in the New Mexico desert. The explosion formed a crater 800 yards in diameter, glazed with a dull gray-green silica glass. This glass was named "trinitite" after Trinity Site where the first nuclear bomb test was conducted.
Mother Nature makes glass each time a large amount of energy is released during a sufficient period of time at the Earth's surface, provided that the soil composition is suitable for making glass. The latter condition is satisfied, for example, by sandy soil, with the resultant natural glass being silica glass named "lechatelierite" after the French chemist Henry Le Châtelier (1850-1936). There are two phenomena that are responsible for making natural glass on Earth: meteorites and lightning. Glass that is made as a result of the collision of a meteorite with the Earth's surface is called meteoritic glass or tektite. Glass (a glassy object, to be exact) that is made as a result of a cloud-to-ground lightning discharge is called a fulgurite (from the Latin "fulgur" which means lightning). Fulgurites come in a great variety of forms and can be viewed as nature's own works of art. It is worth noting that lechatelierite (natural silica glass) is not present in obsidian, a glass-like material associated with volcanic activity. On the other hand, volcanic activity is known to generate lightning which, if it strikes sandy soil, may produce a fulgurite. 

*************************************************************************************
GLASS
has been also made as a result of nuclear explosions.  In 1945, the first nuclear bomb (equivalent to 18,000 tons of
TNT) was detonated in the New Mexico desert. The explosion formed a crater 800 yards in diameter, glazed with a dull gray-green silica glass. This glass was named "trinitite" after Trinity Site where the first nuclear bomb test was conducted.

In the summer of 1997, International Center for Lightning Research
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 07:46:52 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 07:43:48 am »

TRINITITE from the first nuclear explosion, a 19-kiloton bomb - Trinity, N.M. July 16, 1945 - 5:29:45 AM
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 07:58:31 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 08:03:19 am »

VITRIFIED GLASS IN CRUCIBLE
Report Spam   Logged

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 08:08:27 am »

Hi Qoais,

I'm glad you are willing to consider all of the possibilities, unlike your close-minded detractor on the other board.

I think some type of nuclear war was possible in ancient times.  However, I don't see why flooding would be a necessary follow up.  Did Japan have to flood Hiroshima and Nagasaki in order to get things back to normal?

What if the ancients used something more refined and precise than a crude bomb?  Cayce mentioned that the Atlanteans possessed the "death ray," and of course their Great Crystal caused cataclysmic destruction worldwide.  This would be around 10,000 B.C. or earlier.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 10:36:50 am by Tom Hebert » Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 08:10:27 am »

There you go, Desiree!  

I own quite a few pieces of jewellery made from the vitrified glass of the Mt. St. Helen's

eruption.  It very much resembles OBSIDIAN.  They are, after all, made the same way.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 08:12:42 am »

Hi, Tom Hebert!

I'm glad you are here.  I have been trying to find where Cayce said the Atlanteans colonized

India and I can't find it.  Can you help?

Thanks,
b
Report Spam   Logged

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 10:50:03 am »

Hi Bianca,

I am not aware of any significant interaction between the Atlanteans and the East Indians in the Cayce material, although it is possible that the Readings just left that part out.  I will try to find some excerpts that would shed some light on this subject.

As I understand it, there were originally five races of man, Atlantis and America being the site of the red race.  These races developed more or less independently until they gradually became aware of each other.  However, since the Atlanteans were the quickest to developed, it stands to reason that they would be the colonizers if such did occur.

Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 11:55:12 am »

Tom;

I definitely remember that EC stated that the Atlanteans did colonize India.  But, I have read so

many books about EC over the years, that I can't even begin to remember where I did see that.

I always thought that their writings were probably the best written account of Atlantis, as not

much has changed in them and for their obvious antiquity.

Love and Peace,
b
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 04:00:07 pm »

Hi Tom
I don't know how Japan cleaned up the mess since we don't have the technology to cause flooding.  It just seemed like an avenue for me to pursue at the time, since I had noticed that Moses had told the soldiers to bathe in the river after being to close to the Ark of the Covenant.  One thing led to another, and I realized that if there was a nuclear war, there had to be vitrified sand in the area this war took place.  Since the technology was supposedly SO advanced, I figured they may have weather control also.  OR even some greater power than they, realized they had to call a halt to this human activity and caused the earth to tilt on it's axis, thereby washing and cleaning the earth for the next "seeding".  Had the whole world gone into a nuclear war, perhaps history would have repeated itself.  The earth may have flipped on it's axis, washed everything clean, and we start over again.  Seems to me there is a higher plan in all this.  Like whoever designed our world, put in a few safety features against it's total destruction.
I had saved some of my posts from Sarmast's site, but I can't find the one where I had posted about the scientific team that had figured out where this ancient city was that had been blasted, and they measured the radioactivity there and it's still really high.

Have you read the Vedas?  (Just asking so I don't have to copy and paste!)  Kirshna said (which I found strange for a "god") "I laid on an arrow that destroyed by seeking sound".  His enemy had put his ship into the "cloaked" mode and Kirshna couldn't see him, so he used a sound seeking missile. 

In looking for the bigger picture, I'm trying to correlate all the information I come across.  These "gods" of ancient times were not immortal, they fought and died, altho they did live longer than we do now.  According to the Urantia Book, the celestial plan involved sending a Planetary Prince here to upgrade and educate the evolved humans on this planet.  He arrived 500,000 years ago, did a good job for 350,000 and then rebelled.  Up until then, we were in communication with the other universes, then were cut off and quarantined.  The Planetary Prince was extremely high up in the echelon of Created Beings and had all knowledge of the universes.  He was supposed to take a certain amount of time to train us up, but he decided on his own that it was too slow, and he tried to speed things up, which caused a lot of problems.  After the rebellion, some of his also immortal staff split up, some turning to the good side, some not.  After the rebellion, they no longer had the means to maintain their immortality here on earth, and ended up living long lives, but did die eventually.  So - somewhere in the last 250,000 years, those that had all this knowledge of the universes, used it and developed technology and became an advanced race.  Their decendants did not have all the knowledge and had to be taught.  Gradually, the knowledge gets less and less and then a cataclysm happens to wipe out just about everyone, and they're too busy just trying to survive for centuries afterward to remember anything about the past.
The Urantia Book says there has been no interplanetary travel since the rebellion.  Therefore, the flying machines of the Vedas have to be an earthly construct.  These advanced peoples were considered "gods" because of their technology and because somewhere in time there was a memory that they had been sent here to upgrade us.  That they weren't originally from earth. 

It's my own theory and no one has to agree, that's for sure.  But it does look more and more like the Urantia Book is telling it like it was.  It does leave a lot out, stuff they figured we didn't need to know.

These "gods" of old no longer seem to exist. 

The origin of these "gods" of the ancients have 3 possibilities:

They WERE God created beings sent here to teach and upgrade us..
They were from another planet
They were remnants of a previous advanced society that developed not thousands of years ago, but hundreds of thousands.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 04:28:28 pm »

Q. 

Would you please start a thread in WORLD RELIGIONS about the Hindu Religion, the Vedas

etc.  I confess to almost total ignorance of the subjects.  It would be very helpful and enlightening.

After all, we've had everybody's input, why not theirs?  By their antiquity, theirs may be the truest

accounts of them all.

Light and Hugs,

b

P.S. On second thought, I'm just about done with "Akhenaten".  If you feel you're too busy, point me in
the right direction, and I'll do it.  Remember, I haven't got the faintest idea where to start!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 06:28:01 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 02:28:37 am »

VITRIFIED GLASS IN CRUCIBLE

Really nice work finding this, Bianca! 
Report Spam   Logged
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 02:47:11 am »

Here is a link that describes the Libyan glass. I'd print it but I couldn't get the pictures to show up. You can resize the pictures on the webpage to get a closer views:

http://s8int.com/atomic1.html
Report Spam   Logged
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 02:57:49 am »

great posts dhill ,

I am currently reading 'Atlantis' by N. Zhirov. It does have some useful info worth following up.

It's good to see you posting ,I hadn't seen you around recently ,or maybe I just haven't been on that much recently.

In his book ,Zhirov claims in one of his notes that the Horeseshoe Archipelago has sunk in geologically recent times ,but he does not expand on it further as far as I've read up to. Maybe he just means that parts of the Horseshoe were above sea level during the Ice Age due to the lowered sea level? .Or maybe it is an example of geology that has gone out of fashion so that we haven't heard anything about it since then. But there must have been some sort of evidence to account for that view in the first place.

Hi Mark,

I have that book, but it has been about three years since I read it.  I haven't heard anything recent about the Horseshoe Archipelago sinking, or even being above water during the Ice Age.  In fact, I asked a cartographer once to make me a map of how the world looked just prior to 9000 bc, and, to my disappointment, he did little with the eastern Atlantic.  However, it is worth checking out.  Do you remember what page Zhirhov mentioned that on?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 04:51:52 am »

Hi Dhill,Desiree

that reference to the Horseshoe Plain is a note at the bottom of page 76.

My copy of 'Atlantis' by Zhirov is a 2001 reprint of the 1970 edition
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 04:54:22 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 04:40:14 pm »

LYBIAN GLASS

LYBIAN GLASS
            LYBIAN GLASS

SCARAB AMULET FOUND IN TUT'S TOMB

TUT SCARAB AS IT WAS FOUND IN PECTORAL

http://s8int.com/atomic1.html
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 07:29:31 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: