Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 01:19:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Libyan Glass

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libyan Glass  (Read 3857 times)
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: June 18, 2007, 02:57:49 am »

great posts dhill ,

I am currently reading 'Atlantis' by N. Zhirov. It does have some useful info worth following up.

It's good to see you posting ,I hadn't seen you around recently ,or maybe I just haven't been on that much recently.

In his book ,Zhirov claims in one of his notes that the Horeseshoe Archipelago has sunk in geologically recent times ,but he does not expand on it further as far as I've read up to. Maybe he just means that parts of the Horseshoe were above sea level during the Ice Age due to the lowered sea level? .Or maybe it is an example of geology that has gone out of fashion so that we haven't heard anything about it since then. But there must have been some sort of evidence to account for that view in the first place.

Hi Mark,

I have that book, but it has been about three years since I read it.  I haven't heard anything recent about the Horseshoe Archipelago sinking, or even being above water during the Ice Age.  In fact, I asked a cartographer once to make me a map of how the world looked just prior to 9000 bc, and, to my disappointment, he did little with the eastern Atlantic.  However, it is worth checking out.  Do you remember what page Zhirhov mentioned that on?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: