Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 06:49:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Black Ops Psychic Warriors Among Us

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Ops Psychic Warriors Among Us  (Read 9549 times)
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 09:54:21 pm »

USA Mormon presidential candidate, Mitt Romney
http://www.reason.com/news/show/121088.html
Romney, Torture, and Teens
The former governor's connections to abusive "tough love" camps
Maia Szalavitz | June 27, 2007

When Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said he’d support doubling the size of the prison at Guantanamo Bay, he was trying to show voters that he’d be tough on terror. Two of his top fundraisers, however, have long supported using tactics that have been likened to torture for troubled teenagers.

As The Hill noted last week, 133 plaintiffs filed a civil suit against Romney’s Utah finance co-chair, Robert Lichfield, and his various business entities involved in residential treatment programs for adolescents. The umbrella group for his organization is the World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools (WWASPS, sometimes known as WWASP) and Lichfield is its founder and is on its board of directors.

The suit alleges that teens were locked in outdoor dog cages, exercised to exhaustion, deprived of food and sleep, exposed to extreme temperatures without adequate clothing or water, severely beaten, emotionally brutalized, and sexually abused and humiliated. Some were even made to eat their own vomit.

But the link to teen abuse goes far higher up in the Romney campaign. Romney’s national finance co-chair is a man named Mel Sembler. A long time friend of the Bushes, Sembler was campaign finance chair for the Republican party during the first election of George W. Bush, and a major fundraiser for his father.

Like Lichfield, Sembler also founded a nationwide network of treatment programs for troubled youth. Known as Straight Inc., from 1976 to 1993, it variously operated nine programs in seven states. At all of Straight’s facilities, state investigators and/or civil lawsuits documented scores of abuses including teens being beaten, deprived of food and sleep for days, restrained by fellow youth for hours, bound, sexually humiliated, abused and spat upon.

According to the L.A. Times, California investigators said that at Straight teens were “subjected to unusual punishment, infliction of pain, humiliation, intimidation, ridicule, coercion, threats, mental abuse… and interference with daily living functions such as eating, sleeping and toileting.”

Through a spokesperson, Lichfield has dismissed the similar charges against WWASPS to The Hill as “ludicrous,” claiming that the teens who sued “have a long history of lying, fabricating and twisting the story around to their own benefit.” Straight would use virtually identical language in its denials: In the 1990 L.A. Times article cited above, a Straight counselor downplayed the California investigators’ report by saying, “Some kids get very upset and lie and some parents believe them.” Both Straight and WWASPS have repeatedly called their teen participants “liars” and “manipulators” who oppose the programs because they want to continue taking drugs or engage in other bad behavior.

Curiously, however, both programs regularly admitted teens who did not actually have serious problems. In 1982, 18-year-old Fred Collins, a Virginia Tech student with excellent grades, went to visit his brother, who was in treatment for a drug problem at Straight in Orlando, Florida. A counselor determined that he was high on marijuana because his eyes were red (this would later turn out to have been due to swimming in a pool with contacts on). He did admit to occasional marijuana use, but insisted he was not high at the time, nor was he an addict. Nonetheless, he was barraged with hours of humiliating questions, strip-searched, and held against his will for months until he managed to escape.

He won $220,000 in a lawsuit he filed against the program for false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, assault, and battery. Ultimately, Straight would pay out millions in settlements before it finally closed. However, to this day, there are at least eight programs operating that use Straight’s methods, often in former Straight buildings operated by former Straight staff. They include: Alberta Adolescent Recovery Center (Canada), Pathway Family Center (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio), Growing Together (Florida), Possibilities Unlimited (Kentucky), SAFE (Florida), and Phoenix Institute for Adolescents (Georgia).

Sembler has never admitted to the problems with Straight's methods. In fact, when he recently served as Ambassador to Italy, he listed it among his accomplishments on his official State Department profile. Although all of the programs with the Straight name are closed, the nonprofit Straight Foundation that funded them still exists, though under a different name. It's now called the Drug Free America Foundation, and it lobbies for drug testing and in support of tougher policies in the war on drugs.

One of the plaintiffs in the current case against WWASPS, 21-year-old Chelsea Filer, spoke to me when I was researching a TV segment on the industry. She told me that she was forced to walk for miles on a track in scorching desert heat with a 35-pound sandbag on her back. “You were not allowed to scratch your face, move your fingers, lick your lips, move your eyes from the ground,” she said. When she asked for a chapstick, “They put a piece of wood in my mouth and I had to hold it there for two weeks. I was bleeding on my tongue.”

Why was Filer subject to such punishment? “I had less interest in school and more interest in boys and my mom was worried about me,” she says, explaining that her mother believed that the program was nothing more than a strict boarding school.
Because she has attention deficit disorder, Filer was unable to consistently follow the exacting rules, and repeated small violations were seen as ongoing defiance. “It broke my heart that my mom had no belief in me,” she says, describing how, because WWASPS had told her mother to dismiss complaints as “manipulation,” her mother ignored her pleas to come home. “I’m not a bad kid,” she continued, “I never used drugs, I was never in trouble, I have no criminal record. I know my mom was worried about me—but so many times I told her that this is too much. I would gladly have gone to prison instead.”

WWASPS is linked with facilities Academy at Ivy Ridge (New York), Carolina Springs Academy (South Carolina), Cross Creek Programs (Utah), Darrington Academy (Georgia), Horizon Academy (Nevada), Majestic Ranch Academy (Utah), MidWest Academy (Iowa), Respect Camp (Mississippi), Royal Gorge Academy (Colorado), Spring Creek Lodge (Montana), and Tranquility Bay (Jamaica).

Although it has settled several lawsuits out of court, the organization has never publicly admitted wrong-doing. However, the U.S. State Department spurred Samoa to investigate its Paradise Cove program in 1998 after receiving “credible allegations of physical abuse,” including “beatings, isolation, food and water deprivation, choke-holds, kicking, punching, bondage, spraying with chemical agents, forced medication, verbal abuse and threats of further physical abuse.” Paradise Cove closed shortly thereafter. That same year, the Czech Republic forced the closure of WWASP-linked Morava Academy following employees’ allegations that teens were being abused. The former director of the Dundee Ranch Academy Program in Costa Rica went to local authorities after seeing medical neglect and other severe abuse, although human rights abuse charges were ultimately dropped against the owner, Robert Lichfield’s brother Narvin. That program closed in 2003. Police in Mexico have shut down three WWASP-linked facilities: Sunrise Beach (1996), Casa By The Sea (2004) and High Impact (where police videotaped the teens chained in dog cages).

In 2005, New York’s Eliot Spitzer forced WWASP to return over $1 million to the parents of Academy at Ivy Ridge students, because the school had fraudulently claimed to provide legitimate New York high school diplomas. He fined Ivy Ridge $250,000, plus $2000 in court costs. A civil suit has been filed for educational fraud in New York as well, by a different law firm.

Straight's Sembler currently heads the Scooter Libby Defense Fund, in addition to his work for Romney, and has worked tirelessly to keep the Vice President's former Chief of Staff out of prison, even after his conviction on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. After all, if running programs that impose these kinds of "treatments" on American teenagers is not a prison-worthy offense, why should lying to a court be?

The Romney campaign is aware of the WWASP suits, and should be familiar with the Straight suits. If not, it's worth asking: Does Romney support these types of tactics for at-risk youth? Or does he take the line the organizations founded by his fundraisers take—that these dozens of lawsuits are merely from bad kids who make up lies? Coming from the man who wants to double the size of Guantanamo, these aren't insignificant questions. If Romney doesn't believe the aggressive tactics he supports for use against enemy combatants ought to be used against troubled teens and youth drug users, he should say so, and show he means it by removing these men from his campaign.

Maia Szalavitz is author of Help At Any Cost: How the Troubled-Teen Industry Cons Parents and Hurts Kids (Riverhead, 2006) and a senior fellow at stats.org. Her latest book, co-written with Dr. Bruce D. Perry is The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog and Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist's Notebook. (Basic Books, 2007).
Report Spam   Logged

Ignis Natura Renovandum Integra
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 09:55:36 pm »

CIA brainwashing Ewen Cameron Montreal Janine Huard (79) government settles for undisclosed amount
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...9-22b5964c2873
Ottawa settles brainwashing class action
Allan Memorial Institute. CIA-funded treatments included electroshock, experimental medication
MAX HARROLD
Thursday, July 05, 2007

Decades after she was unknowingly brainwashed in a program funded by the federal government and the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, Janine Huard has found some peace of mind in a cash settlement. Exactly how much, she can't say, because she agreed to keep the amount secret as part of her deal to drop her class-action lawsuit against the federal government. It's enough to buy her some closure, if not wipe away the terrible memories of her treatments in the 1950s and 1960s at the Allan Memorial Institute, a psychiatric facility of the McGill University Health Centre.

"I'm going to get myself a dream home," Huard, 79, said yesterday. "I'm going to move in to a residence in the country near the water's edge and live in peace for the rest of my days."

On and off for 15 years, Huard received massive electroshock therapy, experimental pills and was forced to listen to repetitive recorded messages for days on end. Huard's lawyer, Alan Stein, said the amount she received Tuesday does not exceed the $100,000 the federal government paid to each of 77 other victims of the brainwashing techniques in 1994. Huard also received some interest on the money, he said. She and about 200 other victims of the treatments were denied the 1994 offer because they were deemed to have suffered less than those who were paid. In 1989, Huard was one of nine plaintiffs awarded $67,000 U.S. from the CIA.

Stein plans to seek permission to launch a new class-action lawsuit in Federal Court "within weeks" with another former brainwashing patient as the central plaintiff. He knows of about 10 former patients and 20 relatives of former patients who may be part of the new lawsuit, he said. They could have access to $100,000, plus as much as $50,000 in interest, he said.
Julius Grey, a Montreal lawyer and constitutional law expert, said Huard's case opens the door for others because it shows that judges are willing to settle cases long after the legal time limit to sue has expired. Strictly applying time limits works in favour of defendants with deep pockets, like governments and corporations, Grey said.

Until 1964, the Allan's ex-director, Ewen Cameron, conducted experiments at the institute, often without the knowledge or permission of patients. Some patients were kept in drug-induced comas for months. The experiments were part of a larger CIA program called MK-ULTRA, which saw LSD administered to U.S. prison inmates and patrons of brothels without their knowledge, according to testimony before a 1977 U.S. Senate committee. Huard entered the Allan in 1957 after suffering postpartum depression after the birth of her second child. Her newborn had become ill and Huard was having trouble sleeping.

Cameron used his experimental techniques on her, mistakenly believing they could treat depression. Huard said she believes the effects of the treatment stayed with her for years. She wanted to become a interpreter but did poorly in exams because she lacked confidence. She said Cameron, who died in 1967, would walk around the Allan like an emperor. "It's terrible. What nerve he had," she said. "He ruined my life and my husband's, too. His treatments cost us a fortune and my husband had to declare bankruptcy."
mharrold@thegazette.canwest.com
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 09:57:03 pm »

There are certain mind-control techniques which have been disclosed over the years, so a great deal of what scy has posted is based in reality (though I do not know about all of it). For example, trauma-based mind control has been extremly well documented, and originated from Nazi Germany, in particulary linked to the Nazi scientists such as Josef Mengele.

This form of mind-control is actually quite easy to implement. It involves taking children from a very young age (perhaps 1 year old), and subjecting them to extreme physical and mental trauma. The child, in this scenario, develops a fractured mental personality, with the formations of various "alter" personalities.

This compartmentalization of personality, also known as 'honeycombs', are essentially a forced version of "multiple personalities disorder". The mind-controled victim can be controlled by the manipulator calling forth various alters of the personality, each of which has no idea the others exist.

The divisions between the honeycombs are known as 'amnesic barriers'.

This process can be observed after any person suffers extreme trauma. For example, when involved in a severe car-crash, the victim will not be able to remember the moments leading to the crash, as well as the crash itself.

This is an amnesic barrier. When trauma is applied systematically to young children, many different amnesic barriers are formed, which creates the framework needed for mind-control.

There are also post-hypnotic suggestions, which is another common form of mind-control.

Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 09:58:14 pm »

Electro-shock combined with myriad drugs also tie PAIN into the memory.

When one is undergoing 'recall', the first sensations are BODY PAINS; headache, stomach, cramps, nightmares. Exploratory surgery was performed in the ULTRA days to try and cease somatic symptoms to absolutely no avail, therefore merely compounding the physiological trauma.

Double-binding: Kill or be killed; choose which child will die.

Psychic driving: Ewen Cameron - age regression (infantilism); tape looping,
message played 1 million X
- abandonment/guilt complex/sexual
perversion aversion
- 3-4 days without sleep with message looping

I'm only about 1/2 way through completing posts for MKULTRA; short on time today...
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 10:01:05 pm »

Before I continue with my posting, which is merely a compilation of what others consider to be their truth that they've chosen to share and may very well be untrue, I'm beginning to understand the philosophy of LOVING one's enemy to death, even if it means killing the one doing the loving.

Trauma-based mind-control, even at the in-vetro stage of development is an effective means of creating alter personalities, which has pros and cons, and I may not have the qualms I have if that cultural belief system affected bloodliner Illuminati only. However, the experimentation has branched out to destroy the lives of many non-bloodliners, their families and friends. The Illuminati write into law behavioural conduct that they themselves don't have to abide by; that's complete FUCKERY! They claim to believe in balance by doing good to offset the bad, but the good they do is only an illusion to even themselves, as it is self-serving; if it wasn't self-serving they'd release the anti-dote for AIDS.

Very few Illuminati are free of mind-control, and the ones that aren't are trying to find their spirit that's been imprisoned, but the task is immense seeing as mind-control has quietly spread throughout ALL facets of society, and HONEST help is incredibly hard to find via the mental health community, hospitals, education  , police or the judicial system.

But that doesn't change the fact that that agenda is known, and must be resisted so that we can CHOOSE to be all that we want to be, rather than TOLD what to be. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a revolution and heads rolling, but when the dust settles, what will define us as a species is how we TREAT those who've been defeated.

with that said:

Project Artichoke: The Big "A"; elite interrogation team

"Umbrella Folder": MK ULTRA - MK = Mind Kontrol, Kontrol is the German spelling
Artichoke - amnesia/polygraph
Ultra - 'sensitive' research; Richard Helmes was Dep. Dir. of
the CIA's 'sexual' projects. Supported by Bush;
Helmes convicted of lying to his Nation.
Search - germ warfare/radiation
Naomi - targeted U.S. neighbourhoods with MASSIVE doses
of radiation in New Orleans
Often - P.O.W. interrogation
Chatter - drugs for truth-telling
Secret - brain studies of some kind
Sub-project 3 - 'safehouses' for programming

James Hamilton - CIA consultant on sexual projects 'studying' sexual deviancy
Phyllis Greenacre - Cornell - sexual analyzer
sexual entrapment/blackmail - trained @ Deep Creek Lodge/Cabins on island in
Maryland
- filmed non-violent ****
- guarantee continued funding for 'black' projects
- keep experimenters from divulging in future

Dr. Brown - National Institute of Health (NIH)
Morris Allan - head of Office of Research & Development (ORD) - radiation
Richard Helmes - Science & Technology (radiation)
Martin Orne - Lie detector; head of Dept. of Science & Technology
Sidney Gottlieb - Homosexual ****; head of MKULTRA; John Gittinger was
Sid's protoge
Dr. Robert Heath - wireless thought messaging/neuropsychiatrist/Dept. head
Mr. Fenner - chairman of board @ Tulane University
Steven Aldrich - Dir. of ORD; brain electrode - remote control
Ewen Cameron - Pres. of Can./U.S./WORLD psychiatric association
- age regression (infantilism)/psychic driving (tape looping a
message 1 million X)
- electroshock consultant to the CIA
- stationed @ Allan Memorial Hospital in Montreal
ORD took over ULTRA; much, much more sophisticated
expendable children brought from South America/Mexico
spinning/drugging; sense of disappearing into nothing - shrinking into a black
hole
Generational 'demons' are 'recalled' from inherited genetic imprintation of trauma @ cellular level.

John Gittinger - I.Q./memory/personality (PAS); rapid induction for
subserviance
Loretta Bender - administered methylated form of a largely studied drug with an unusual makeshift label
John Foster Dulles close with Ewen Cameron
Alan Dulles - 1953 speech @ Princeton - Brain warfare VS. Soviets - U.S.
losing
George Estabrooks - 1920's - Harvard: if can cure MPD, then create for super
spy/assassin/mental courier
- stopped publishing due to TOP SECRET military
application
Morris Allan - 1954 - January Artichoke memo: trigger mechanism to
assassinate foreign OR U.S. politician
1954 - Manchurian Candidate scenario conceived AND operational

Nuremburg Application to covert activity SUSPENDED

1960's - operational utilization - freestanding population - cults provide case
study
- Satanism: intergenerational widespread multinational 'network' of
ritual abuse

FBI once denied the existence of the Mafia

Intelligence, military, political, 'religious' and criminally satiated hegemony.

Masonic lodges, white supremacy clan meetings, human sacrifices; for
mind-control victims these things mean more trauma, 'splitting', amnesic barriers, ludicrous memories (if recalled), risk coming forward, suicidal

Satanism is trying to cure TRUE spirituality.

Time to repeal NSA and have 'Cold War Trial' to censure/convict mind-mongers.

Freedom of Thought Foundation:

http://mindcontrolforums.com/resrc-hm.htm

Security and Prospect Partnership of North America -
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 10:02:02 pm »

Jeanette Westbrook's father - church deacon, master Mason
- nuclear power plant inspector (ALL U.S. plants)
- died before extradition for pedophelia
- private physician signed death certificate
- no autopsy
- 2 other members of same Masonic lodge
convicted of pedophelia

- at least one person here in Thunder Bay was DELTA/BETA programmed
- vast programming in U.S./Can. surrounding Great Lakes region

George Estabrooks/J.E. Hoover/Martin Orne/Jose Delgado/ Ewen Cameron: close
'network'.
Jose Delgado - experiments in 'funhouse'/'playhouse'; victims functioned
'roboticly'
JANUS theatre in D.C. CIA owned: group memory 'screening' - codenamed
'CYBERTRON'.
Project CHATTER - 1952 - included navy funding for 'sound' programming

various codenames/projects/operations:

ALPHA: initializing access codes to mind-control slave programming
BARBIE became BETA: sexual programming
DELTA sub-codes: eg. DELTA 123
THETA: mental energy/psychic killers/use built rage for directed energy
- preferred programming movie was 'Dune'
OMECRON: mafia programming (mafia offspring are mind-controlled; amnesia
obviously important)
- slaves smuggled small missiles (Krugerans [sp?])
OCTOPUS programming: Iran Contra
NSA: AKA 'Organization'
GOLDEN GIRLS: BLUEBIRD slave prototypes before ARTICHOKE
GOLDILOCKS: ?
C-BASE or SEABASE: ?
MASSACRE: ?
C-STONE or SEASTONE or SANDSTONE: ?
ROYAL INDIA: ?
INDIAN INK: ?
DARK or DEEP PURPLE: re-programming MK victims/facilities
C or SEA or DELTA BLUE: ?
DEEP BLUE: ?
GOLDSTAR OPERATIONAL SYSTEM: NASA/DARPA ?
CHRONIC HEADACHE: ?
MARIGOLD: ?
Zbom: intelligent computer systems analysis
PROJECT NINE or 9: ?
GREEN ACRES: silos
THE BRAIN: NSA computer system
TOP HAT: ?
MESSIAH: ?
OVERLORD: ?
THE LINK: NSA or NASA communications
THE CENTIPEDE: information compartamentalization between agencies
HEAVENSCAPE: internal mental fantasy created for MK victims
SANDSTORM and MONGOOSE: Ghadafi
BRANDON: NASA computer system
CLEANSWEEP: reducing Aryan influence (Illuminati in-fighting?)
- unsuccessful; massive infiltration by Aryan ideology
BLUE MONEY: child ****
MENSA: think tanks
ARMAGEDDON: Pentagon WW3 scenarios
- 'KEYS TO SOLOMON' ? coded MK courier information
THE PLAN: Aryan agenda
- Henry Kissinger; Luciferian
- Lucis Trust AKA Lucifer Publishing in 1920's
MOUNT HOOD: near death/torture conditioning
OPS RELIEF CORP: Blac-Ops support
SHELL: insect inundation
BLOWFISH: ?
NAOMI: bio-chemical assassination
WHITEHOUSE: AKA Emeral City/The Hub/1600 Pennsylvania
- Bush AKA OZ and/or GOD
CHAMELEON: adaptive personality traits
CIA/KGB: woeking together/backstabbing @ same time
THE SCHOOL/FORTRESS: surgery/OPS training for children
Dr. Black AKA Dr. Schwartz/Dr. Wheeler (Aryan) - children/aggression/black
ops)
Edgewood assassin programming with chimpanzee called 'Sonny' or 'Sunny'
NASA specifically set up for mind-control
Time-folding/interdimensional travel ?
FATHER TIME: ?
Crystal Cathedral is a temple to sun-god RA
mock UFO invasion: fear = continued subserviance
'Grey' aliens are genetically altered humans/generational experimentation
Tri-lateral 'language': buzzes/clicks/symboligical hand signals/THETA abilities

DSM - IV: new option - spiritual problem; current spiritual experience not
matching previous religious experience

Nurturing warmth of sun being 'pushed' psychologially as better than parental
caregiving/role-modelling by creating environment of financial hardship so
parents work more and guide their children less.

Hollywood Hospital in Vancouver performed LSD experimentation for CIA's ULTRA.

- at least 85 centers for mind-control throughout the U.S.
- 'dream laboratories'; synthetic telepathy: electro-magnetic fields, cerebral
interaction
- psychotronic weapons/parabolic mirror/nano-implants
- microtubules in cytoskeleton of DNA:
http://bioenergeticspectrum.com/bioe...crotubules.htm
click on collective DNA consciousness @ top right for stunning research by Russian scientists on how 90% so-called junk DNA is a language that communicates
- post-quantum mechanics (PQM)

There are at least 2 million TOTAL mind-control victims in the U.S. alone; programming is currently increasing in Canada, Europe and Russia as main perpetrative geo-locations.

Prime-'freak' (mentioned earlier) - individual brain-wave 'freq'-uency identification form a distance; able to monitor/implant thoughts with advanced electro-tech equipment.

ALL V.A. hospitals in the U.S. used for programming; civilian hospitals collaborating.

types of implants: AUDIO, BODY MANIPULATION (hormone, pregnancy prevention, etc.), VISUAL, HOLOGRAPHIC, BRAIN LINK (download capacity), TORTURE/MUSCLE STIMULATION, TRACKING (GPS/soldiers)

developments: nano-implants (10 billionth/metre, molecular robots), scanning/tunneling microscopes used to build self-replicating nano-bot implants, fibre optics (looks like a hair; for signal transmission), organic bio-processors (molecular computers made from DNA [DNA templates; carbon chains; bio-material/mini-computer linked to viruses]: neuro-tropic, derma-tropic, etc., migration), central control/command (receive/monitor external/internal signals)

SYN-TEL: synthetic telepathy; electronic thought messaging
- bio-medical telemetry (space program)
- artificial intelligence serves as mind-control 'handlers'

Mengele is from an Illuminati family; Cisco Wheeler's father was Dr. Black (Green/Mengele, Black/Wheeler, White/Cameron, Blue/Mueller: ALL Grandmasters within the Illuminati; a 5th doctor by the name of Dr. Star is known, but not by me...yet - anyone?).

Mengele is father of modern mind-control programming; trauma-bonding (Stockholme syndrome) - synthesized mind-control with modern technological advancements.

Cisco was artificially 'twinned'; all 12 mind-control sciences were used. Artificial twinning is beyond exceptionally complex. Cisco Wheeler is a Ulysses S. Grant/Illuminati Collins family descendant.

Grant, the 18th U.S. pres. is related to Roosevelt.

Boeing plant in Seattle has underground tunnels for programming using Star Trek format; galaxy maps, solar systems, diagnostic schematics with colour coding and 'transporter technology' used for internal communication/separation between multiple alters.

Brain stem scarring creates photographic memory; 'scarring' achieved electronically. Each alter created after scarring maintains a photographic memory. Imagine, 10's of 1,000's of multiple personalitites with photographic memories; walking amnesic artificial intelligence, ULTRA hi-tech mental energy/storage capacity, that can be harnessed, focused AND DIRECTED!

-ARCO directly connected to H.A.A.R.P. (weather changing, thought manipulation via E.L.F. waves).
-Gunderson Steel building rail-cars with internal shackles to transport civilians across the U.S. to concentration camps already/being built for implementation of the NWO.

Freemasonry is the outer symbology of ancient Mystery Religions.
Illuminati is the hard-core ritualistic aspect of ancient Mys. Rel's.

@ turn of 20th century, MI-6 employed Illuminati females called ''Queenies'.

Astor Illuminati family founded Rhodes Scholar.

Rothschilds/Collins MAJOR controllers of MI-6.

Alan Dulles - DCI of CIA; worked WITH Hitler
- Illuminati financed Nazi agenda

Bush - member of Skull & Bones and related to House of Windsor (Chuck/Liz), lied in manure & recounted sexual exploits as initiation.

Rhodes Scholar, Scroll & Key, Resilious: entry level fraternal orders.

Cathy O'brian's daughter molested by **** Bush.

End-times programming: colour coded: red list; ANTI-NWO personnel (oppositon leaders) to be executed 2 wks before martial law implemented.
blue list; individuals against NWO to be arrested & attempts @ reprogramming will be made, killing many in the process.
yellow list; re-education round-up for concentration camps.

CODES: yellow flags @ 1/2 mast
yellow duaghter on run
blue fish @ home
blue, red, green, or purple ray

- mind-controlled slaves & foreign troops to have colour-cod activation.
- internal crystals (colour-coded) timed to 'explode' to release instructions
- staged traumatic news events will serve as triggers
- mock alien presence; orchestrated hysteria, controlled opposition
- 666 Conneticut Ave., Washington, D.C., JANUS 2 computer for tracking/re-programming

Illuminati created and currently use 'New Age' movement leaders to create the illusion that moral belief systems are fragmenting 'naturally', so that when confusion and mistrust in theology and political governance reach climactic levels, the masses will ASK for the NWO.

St. Mary's hospital in Montreal - basement 'zombie' room
- isolation chamber
- 'grid' room

Vietnam war was staged to structure a drug culture in the U.S. to destroy the family unit; drugs smuggled in corpses of fallen U.S. soldiers.

Cisco Wheeler was groomed by Pres. Eisenhower to be a sexual slave.

Cisco related to Grant/British 'royalty', as is Bush and many of the prior U.S. 'elected' presidents.

Mengele AKA Dr. Fairchild (how revolting)

@ 18 mths, Cisco required reconstructive surgery after initiative **** trauma by her own father, who was trained by Mengele to be a master programmer.

Mind-control means re-living EVERY SINGLE TRAUMA EVER ENDURED WITH ALL THE 5 SENSES.
If recovering memories not done properly, the mind will shatter/splinter again; there's a HIGH % of suicide in mind-control recovery.
Dehumanizing trauma is SO POWERFUL, mind-control victims would rather reject their locked-away spiritual identity (upon miraculously discovering it), than realize the extent of their pain inflicted on them as a spiritual being entitled to find joy in the human experience, as opposed to the illusory deception as believing they're GOD incarnate (Data-swampy).
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 10:02:43 pm »

Large sector of the population of Woodland Hills, CA, is under mind-control.

Michael Kennedy AND Sonny Bono skiied directly into trees; close to achieving 'recall' so suicide programming kicked in.

harmonics equipment - EEG bio-feedback - EEG Spectrum (manufacturer: 800-789-3456)
- brainwave monitoring; most MK
victims in constant THETA;
therapy facilitates BETA
- helps by-pass painful body
memories
- rewarding stimulation of central
nervous system
- children with ADHD able to forgoe
Ritalin

Global currency enables rapid implementation of engineered economic genocide, making the Great Depression look like a pleasant vacation.

World banking obviously in place; 1st Euro, then SPPNA Amero, then...Terro?

70's children not bloodliners from inter-generationally ritually abusive families,
programmed in schools and daycares (Eg. McMartin cover-up).

One of the criteria set forth by the False Memory Spindrome Foundation as
being evidentiary of false or implanted memory, is that recollection of abuse on the victims part, should be highly suspect or skeptical, given the accused perpetraitor denies any such traumatic events occurred.
ABSOLUTE 100% LUDICROUS FUCKERY IN THE EXTREME!!!

WW3 is an all-out assault on spiritual willpower ; the Illuminati 's Age of Thelema.

John Hinkley, Reagan's would-be MK assassin, was the son of George Bush's next door neighbour.

Mila Mulroney's father, a psychiatrist with close ties to Bush (Peter Monk's Board of CEO's), protected Cameron in court. Mila's father worked directly under Cameron @ Allan Memorial in Montreal.

Legislation forcing meds on 'disordered' people being pawned off as 'outpatient committal' on psychiatric 'consumers'.

Psychiatry was birthed from, and has continued to evolve as, a judgementally
patriarchal ideology, where women are disproportionately psychologically raped into a continued coerced role of compliance.

Mind-control affects the descendants of the victims in horrendous ways; the suicide rate among the First Nations community in Port Alberni, BC, is @ least 5X the national rate

Mengele worked up and down the WEST COAST. Survivors have reported being worked on by GERMAN speaking doctors.

As I mentioned in my Canadian Genocide thread, MK ULTRA is directly linked with the residential schools being equivalent to death camps for the Angel of Death, Mengele - AKA Dr. Fairchild, who was INVITED to Turtle Island, in order to garner more 'animals' for the refinement of mind-control.

Most of the residential schools were located in B.C.
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 10:27:32 pm »

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-DKkFjX-FGew/mk_ultra_victim_testimony_c_cia_hearings_prt_3/
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 10:44:11 pm »

@

Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 10:49:41 pm »

Acid Dreams: The CIA-FDA Connection

The CIA-FDA Connection
Up until the early 1960s LSD studies had flourished without government restrictions and the CIA had sponsored numerous research projects to enhance its mind control capabilities. In 1962, however, the Technical Services Staff, which ran the MK-ULTRA program, began to orient its behavioral activities exclusively toward operations and away from peripheral long-range studies. This new strategy resulted in the withdrawal of support for many academics and private researchers. Extensive LSD testing was no longer a top priority for the MK-ULTRA crew, which had already learned enough about the drug to understand how it could best be applied in selected covert operations. While acid was still an important part of the cloak-and-dagger arsenal, by this time the CIA and the army had developed a series of superhallucinogens such as the highly touted BZ, which was thought to hold greater promise as a mind control weapon.

In 1962, Congress enacted new regulations which required that anyone who wanted to work with LSD had to receive special permission from the FDA. This was the first of a series of increasingly restrictive measures with respect to LSD research. But the CIA and the military were not inhibited by the new drug laws. A special clause in the regulatory policy allowed the FDA to issue "selective exemptions" that favored certain researchers. With this convenient loophole the FDA never attempted to oversee in-house pharmacological research conducted by the CIA and the military services. Secret arrangements were made whereby these organizations did not even have to file a formal "Claim for Exemption," or IND request. The FDA simply ignored all studies that were classified for reasons of national security, and CIA and military investigators were given free reign to conduct their covert experimentation. Apparently, in the eyes of the FDA, those seeking to develop hallucinogens as weapons were somehow more "sensitive to their scientific integrity and moral and ethical responsibilities" than independent researchers dedicated to exploring the therapeutic potential of LSD.

While aboveground research was being phased out, the CIA and the military continued to experiment with an ever more potent variety of hallucinogens. In effect, the policies of the regulatory agencies were themselves "regulated" by the unique requirements of these secret programs. As an official of the Department of Health, Education and Welfare (of which the FDA was part) explained, "We are abdicating our statutory responsibi!ities in this area out of a desire to be courteous to the Department of Defense...rather than out of legal inability to handle classified materials." The same courtesy was proffered to the CIA. The FDA collaborated with the Agency in other ways as well. FDA personnel with special security clearances served as consultants for chemical warfare projects. Information concerning new developments in thc field of psychopharmacology was exchanged through confidential channels. The FDA also provided laboratory facilities and samples of new drugs that might prove useful to the CIA. In light of the FDA's relationship with the intelligence community, it is highly unlikely that a maior policy decision regarding LSD would have been made against the wishes of the CIA.
BZ Bombs Away
During the early 1960s Edgewood Arsenal, headquarters of the US Army Chemical Corps, received an average of four hundred chemical "rejects" every month from the maior American pharmaceutical firms. Rejects were drugs found to be commercially useless because of their undesirable side effects. Of course, undesirable side effects were precisely what the army was looking for.

It was from Hoffmann-La Roche in Nutley, New Jersey, that Edgewood Arsenal obtained its first sample of a drug called quinuclidinyl benzilate, or BZ for short. The army learned that BZ inhibits the production of a chemical substance that facilitates the transfer of messages along the nerve endings, thereby disrupting normal perceptual pattems. The effects generally lasted about three days, although symptoms--headaches, giddiness, disorientation, auditory and visual hallucinations, and maniacal behavior--could persist for as long as six weeks. "During the period of acute effects," noted an army doctor, "the person is completely out of touch with his environment."

Dr. Van Sim, who served as chief of the Clinical Research Division at Edgewood, made it a practice to try all new chemicals himself before testing them on volunteers. Sim said he sampled LSD "on several occasions." Did he enjoy getting high, or were his acid trips simply a patriotic duty? "It's not a matter of compulsiveness or wanting to be the first to try a material," Sim stated. "With my experience I am often able to change the design of future experiments.... This allows more comprehensive tests to be conducted later, with maximum effective usefulness of inexperienced volunteers. I'm trying to defeat the compound, and if I can, we don't have to drag out the tests at the expense of a lot of time and money." With BZ, Dr. Sim seems to have met his match. "It zonked me for three days. I kept falling down and the people at the lab assigned someone to follow me around with a mattress. I woke up from it after three days without a bruise." For his efforts Sim received the Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service and was cited for exposing himself to dangerous drugs "at the risk of grave personal injury."

According to Dr. Solomon Snyder, a leading psychopharmacologist at Johns Hopkins University, which conducted drug research for the Chemical Corps, "The army's testing of LSD was just a sideshow compared to its use of BZ." Clinical studies with EA-2277 (the code number for BZ) were initiated at Edgewood Arsenal in 1959 and continued until 1975. During this period an estimated twenty-eight hundred soldiers were exposed to the superhallucinogen. A number of military personnel have since come forward claiming that they were never the same after their encounter with BZ. Robert Bowen, a former air force enlisted man, felt disoriented for several weeks after his exposure. Bowen said the drug produced a temporary feeling of insanity but that he reacted less severely than other test subjects. One paratrooper lost all muscle control for a time and later seemed totally divorced from reality "The last time I saw him," said Bowen, "he was taking a shower in his uniform and smoking a cigar." During the early 1960s the CIA and the military began to phase out their in-house acid tests in favor of more powerful chemicals such as BZ, which became the army's standard incapacitating agent. By this time the superhallucinogen was ready for deployment in a grenade, a 750-pound cluster bomb, and at least one other large-scale bomb. In addition the army tested a number of other advanced BZ munitions, including mortar, artillery, and missile warheads. The superhallucinogen was later employed by American troops as a counterinsurgency weapon in Vietnam, and according to CIA documents there may be contingency plans to use the drug in the event of a major civilian insurrection. As Major General William Creasy warned shortly after he retired from the Army Chemical Corps, "We will use these things as we very well see fit, when we think it is in the best interest of the US and their allies."

An FBI Plot that Backfired

On October 21, 1967, seventy-five thousand protesters assembled at the Lincoln Memorial, including a sizable number of hippie types dressed in colorful costumes. The motley army of witches, warlocks, sorcerers, and long-haired bards who had come to celebrate the mystic revolution lent a carnival atmosphere to the demonstration. After a rousing prelude of speeches and songs, a large contingent crossed the Arlington Memorial Bridge into Virginia and raced toward the Pentagon, waving banners and shouting antiwar epithets. Some were high on acid when they stormed the grim ziggurat. They surrounded the entire building, dancing and hissing in unison, while soldiers stood guard at all five walls. Posters and slogans memorializing Che Guevara, the Latin revolutionary who had been killed in Bolivia a few weeks earlier, appeared on abutments, and a Viet Cong flag, blue and red with a gold star, fluttered in the breeze. And then the promised exorcism began.

"Out, demons, out!" boomed the voice of Ed Sanders, leader of a burlesque folk-rock ensemble called the Fugs, which provided musical edification for the antiwar constituency. On a flatbed truck in front of the high church of the military-industrial complex, the Fugs worked their "gene-shredding influence" on the crowd. Thousands shrieked their approval--"Out, out, out!"--and the stage was set for an ecstatic confrontation.

The demonstration had become a form of ritual theater, a preview of what politics would be like in the post-Haight-Ashbury era. As Norman Mailer wrote in The Armies of the Night, a best selling account of the march on the Pentagon, "Now, here, after several years of the blandest reports from the religious explorers of LSD, vague Tibetan lama goody-goodness auras of religiosity being the only publicly announced or even rumored fruit from all trips back from the buried Atlantis of LSD, now suddenly an entire generation of acid-heads seemed to have said goodbye to easy visions of heaven, no, now the witches were here, and rites of exorcism, and black terrors of the night...The hippies had gone from Tibet to Christ to the Middle Ages, now they were Revolutionary Alchemists." Despite their incantations and spells the protesters could not transmute the lead weight of the Pentagon into a golden vision in the sky. But it hardly mattered, for they were celebrating a new kind of activism, a style so authentically unique that it verged on the bizarre. "What possibly they shared," said Mailer, "was the unspoken happy confidence that politics had again become mysterious, had begun to partake of Mystery ...The new generation believed in technology more than any before it, but the generation also believed in LSD, in witches, in tribal knowledge, in ****, and revolution. It had no respect whatsoever for the unassailable logic of the next step: belief was reserved for the revelatory mystery of the happening where you did not know what was going to happen next; that was what was good about it."

What happened next was not something anyone had expected--in fact, it might never have happened had it not been for the FBI, which attempted to disrupt the antiwar gathering upon learning of a plot to sky-bomb the Pentagon with ten thousand flowers. Peggy Hitchcock (the sister of William Mellon Hitchcock, owner of the Millbrook estate) gave Michael Bowen and friends money to purchase two hundred pounds of daisies for the occasion, but the plan never got off the ground because of a dirty trick by the FBI. J. Edgar Hoover's men answered an ad for a pilot in the East Village Other but never showed up at the airport. Bowen was stuck with more flowers than he knew what to do with, so he turned around and drove back to the demonstration. Distributed among the crowd, the flowers were subsequently photographed by the world press protruding from the muzzles of rifles held by the soldiers guarding the Pentagon. It was one of the spectacular images of the 1960s: the troops with their bayonets sprouting daisies, frozen in a tense face-off with the antiwar activists.
Weird CIA Drug Experiments in Lexington, Kentucky

Like the Nazi doctors who experimented upon concentration camp inmates during World War II, the CIA victimized certain kinds of people who were unable to resist: prisoners, mental patients, the terminally ill, sexual deviants, ethnic minorities. Extensive CIA drug studies were conducted at the Addiction Research Center of the US Public Health Service Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky. Lexington was ostensibly a place where heroin addicts could go to shake a habit. Although it was officially a penitentiary, all the prisoners were referred to as "patients." The patients had their own way of referring to the doctors--"hacks" or "croakers"--who patrolled the premises in military uniforms. The patients at Lexington had no way of knowing that it was one of fifteen penal and mental institutions utilized by the CIA in its super-secret drug development program during the 1950s. To conceal its role the Agency enlisted the aid of the navy and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), which served as conduits for channeling money to Dr. Harris Isbell, a gung-ho research scientist who remained on the CIA payroll for over a decade. According to CIA documents the directors of NIMH and the National Institutes of Health were fully cognizant of the Agency's "interest" in Isbell's work and offered "full support and protection."

When the CIA came across a new drug (usually supplied by American pharmaceutical firms) that needed testing, they frequently sent it over to their chief doctor at Lexington, where an ample supply of captive guinea pigs was readily available. Over eight hundred compounds were farmed out to Isbell, including LSD and a variety of hallucinogens. It became an open secret among street junkies that if the supply got tight, you could always commit yourself to Lexington, where heroin and morphine were doled out as payment if you volunteered for Isbell's wacky drug experiments. (Small wonder that Lexington had a return rate of 90%.) Dr. Isbell, a longtime member of the Food and Drug Administration's Advisory Committee on the Abuse of Depressant and Stimulant Drugs, defended the volunteer system on the grounds that there was no precedent at the time for offering inmates cash for their services.

CIA documents describe experiments conducted by Isbell in which certain patients--nearly all black inmates--were given LSD for more than seventy-five consecutive days. In order to overcome tolerance to the hallucinogen, Isbell administered "double, triple and quadruple doses." A report dated May 5, 1959, comments on an experiment involving psilocybin (a semi-synthetic version of the magic mushroom). Subjects who ingested the drug became extremely anxious, although sometimes there were periods of intense elation marked by "continuous gales of laughter." A few patients felt that they "had become very large, or had shrunk to the size of children. Their hands or feet did not seem to be their own and sometimes took on the appearance of animal paws...They reported many fantasies or dreamlike states in which they seemed to be elsewhere. Fantastic experiences, such as trips to the moon or living in gorgeous castles, were occasionally reported."

Isbell concluded, "Despite these striking subjective experiences, the patients remained oriented in time, place and person. In most instances, the patients did not lose their insight but realized that the effects were due to the drug. Two of the nine patients, however, did lose insight and felt that their experiences were caused by the experimenters controlling their minds."

Acid Dreams Time-Line

1938 - Dr. Albert Hofmann synthesizes LSD-25

Spring 1942 - The Office of Strategic Services convenes a committee to oversee the search for a truth drug

April 16, 1943 - Hofmann accidentally discovers the hallucinogenic effects of LSD

April 19, 1943 - Hofmann undertakes the first self-experiment with LSD

September 1945 - OSS disbanded

October 1945 - US Navy Technical Mission reports on Nazi mescaline experiments at the Dachau concentration camp

1947 - CIA formed; U.S. Navy initiates mescaline studies under the auspices of Project Chatter

1947 - First report on LSD appears in a Swiss pharmacological journal

1948 - CIA authorized to undertake covert operations

1949 - Dr. Max Rinkel brings LSD to the United States from Sandoz Pharmaceuticals in Switzerland and initiates work with LSD in Boston; Nick Bercel commences LSD study in Los Angeles

1950 - CIA launches Project Bluebird

May 1950 - First article about LSD appears in the American Psychiatric Journal

1951 - Captain Al Hubbard turns on to LSD

August 1951 - The CIA's Inspection & Security Staff initiates the Artichoke Project

October 21, 1951 - First documented evidence of CIA experimentation with LSD

1952 - Dr. Humphry Osmond discloses similarity between mescaline and adrenaline molecule; begins experiments with hallucinogenic at a hospital in Saskatchewan

December 1952 - George Hunter White, on loan from the Federal Narcotics Bureau, begins administering LSD to unwitting U.S. citizens at a CIA safehouse in Greenwich Village

January 1953 - Harold Blauer dies of an overdose of MDA during an Army-sponsored drug experiment

April 13, 1953 - The CIA's Technical Services Staff initiates the MK-ULTRA Project

1953 - Dr. Humphry Osmond begins treating alcoholics with LSD

May 1953 - Aldous Huxley's first mescaline experience

November 1953 - Army biochemist Frank Olsen commits suicide after CIA doses him with LSD

1954 - CIA begins Operation MK-PILOT at Lexingon Narcotics Hospital

1954 - Aldous Huxley's Doors of Perception published

mid-1954 - Eli Lilly synthesizes LSD at the CIA's behest

1955 - Aldous Huxley's first LSD trip; the publication of Huxley's Heaven and Hell

1955- Army begins testing LSD at Edgewood arsenal

1956? - Dr. Humphry Osmond coins the word "psychedelic"

May 1957 - Life magazine published R. Gordon Wasson's account of his magic mushroom experience

1958 - Army begins BZ experiments

1959 - Josiah Macy Foundation sponsors major scientific congress on LSD

1959 - Allen Ginsberg tries LSD for the first time

1960 - American Indians granted sanctioned use of peyote as a religious matter

Summer 1960 - Timothy Leary turns on to magic mushrooms in Mexico

1961 - US Army initiates LSD interrogations under Operation Third Chance in Western Europe

1962 - U.S. Army launches Operation Derby Hat in Asia

1962 - The Gamblers, a California surfing band, release a song "LSD-25"; underground LSD appears on both coasts; FDA makes first LSD bust

1962 - Dr. Alexander Shulgin records the effects of MMDA ("ecstasy")

1962 - The superhallucinogen BZ becomes part of the US Army's standardized chemical warfare arsenal

1962 - The CIA withdraws support for above-ground LSD research studies

1962 - Congress passes new drug safety regulations and the FDA designates LSD an experimental drug and restricts research

1963 - Williams Burroughs and Allen Ginsberg publish The Yage Letters

May 1963 - Timothy Leary and Richard Alpert fired from Harvard

November 22, 1963 - Aldous Huxley dies shortly after JFK assassination

1964 - Army begins using BZ gas in Vietnam

Summer 1964 - Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters' cross-country bus trip

Fall 1964 - Berkeley Free Speech Movement

February 1965 - First big surge of street acid; the assassination of Malcolm X; US begins sustained bombing of North Vietnam

April 1965 - First big SDS march on Washington

1965 - Drug Abuse Control Amendment; LSD research further restricted

1965 - Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited

October 16, 1965 - First Family Dog acid rock dance in San Francisco

1965 - CIA phases out MK-ULTRA, begins MK-SEARCH

January 1966 - The Trips Festival in San Francisco

March 1966 - Life magazine publishes "LSD: The Mind Drug That Got Out of Control"

April 1966 - Sandoz stops supplying LSD to research scientists

April 1966 - G. Gordon Liddy raids the Millbrook estate

Spring 1966 - Senate Hearings about LSD

1966 - Black Panther Party formed

October 6, 1966 - California bans LSD, Love Pageant Rally in the Haight

January 14, 1967 - Human Be-In in Golden Gate Park

1967 - Joint FDA/NIMH Psychotomimetic Advisory Committee formed with strong input from CIA-linked doctors

June 1967 - Monterey Pop Festival

June 1967 - The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Summer 1967 - "Summer of Love"; STP appears on the blackmarket

October 21, 1967 - March on the Pentagon

1967 - Joint CIA-Army drug research program codenamed OFTEN/MK-CHICKWIT

January 1, 1968 - Yippie!

1968 - LSD possession declared a misdemeanor, sale a felony; the British Wootton Report declares marijuana to be relatively harmless

Spring 1968 - Student unrest at Columbia University

March 31, 1968 - LBJ announces he won't seek re-election

April 4, 1968 - Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated

May 1968 - The Sorbonne uprising in Paris

June 5, 1968 - Senator Robert Kennedy assassinated

June 1969 - SDS unravels

Summer of 1969 - Orange sunshine debuts; Ronald Stark moves in on the illicit acid trade

August 1969 - Woodstock rock festival

Fall 1969 - Operation Intercept; huge antiwar demonstrations around the country

December 1969 - Altamont rock concert; the Manson killings

February 1970 - Leary convicted and jailed

September 12, 1970 - Leary escapes from prison

Spring 1970 - Jackson State and Kent State killings

1970 - LSD becomes a Schedule I drug

1971 - Windowpane acid first appears

August 1972 - Operation BEL

January 17, 1973 - Leary arrested in Afghanistan

November 1973 - Hitchcock turns state evidence to convict Tim Scully and Nick Sand

1973 - MK-SEARCH terminated; OFTEN/MK-CHICKWIT phased out

September 18, 1974 - PILL (People Investigating Leary's Lies) conference

1975 - Rockefeller Commission reports on CIA hallucinogenic drug experiments

February 1975 - Ronald Stark arrested in Bologna, Italy

1976 - Church Committee reports on CIA and Army drug experiments

1976 - Leary released from jail

Spring 1977 - Operation Julie bust in England

Fall 1977 - Senate hearings on MK-ULTRA

February 1979 - LSD reunion in Los Angeles

A Who's Who of Acid Dreams
Richard Alpert fired from Harvard in 1963 along with Tim Leary for giving LSD to an undergraduate student, later visited India, met a guru, and changed his name to Baba Ram Dass.

Harry Anslinger long-time head of the Federal Narcotics Bureau, campaigned publicly against marijuana as a killer weed, but privately participated in a secret US foreign intelligence project that selected marijuana as a truth serum and described it in playful, sexual terms.

Julian Beck and the Living Theater experimental performing troupe that traveled extensively in Europe in the 1960s. "We were willing to experiment with anything that would set the mind free," said Beck.

The Black Panthers young African-American activists and socialists based in Oakland, California. Collaborated with white radicals and counterculture advocates in the spirit of Malcolm X.

The Brotherhood of Eternal Love a southern California-based LSD commune that supplied the world with "orange sunshine," started out as dope-dealing idealists and ended up as a hippie mafia.

William Burroughs mentor of the beat generation and author of Naked Lunch, was looking for the "final fix" when he participated in a yage ritual in South America in the early 1950s. He warned that hallucinogenic drugs could be used to control rather than liberate the vision-starved masses. "Remember," said Burroughs, "anything that can be done chemically can be done in other ways."

John Starr Cooke a disciple of Aleister Crowley, was the Eminence gris behind the Psychedelic Rangers and the San Francisco Be-in.

Lt. General William Creasy chief officer of the US Army Chemical Corps during the 1950s, preached a new, LSD-influenced military gospel of "war without death." During Congressional testimony, Creasy called for the testing of hallucinogenic gases on subways in major American cities.

The Diggers guerrilla theater maestros and acid anarchists, lit up Haight-Ashbury with wild strokes of artistic genius and organized alternative social services for the flower children.

Bob Dylan the legendary folk singer, dropped acid and went electric in the mid-1960s, influencing a generation of rolling stones in search of a new America

Allen Ginsberg poet laureate of the grassroots acid subculture, charged that news media had exaggerated the dangers of LSD.

Dr. Sidney Gottlieb the CIA's chief sorcerer-scientist, ran the Agency's Technical Services Staff and oversaw the super-secret MK-ULTRA program, which sought to develop LSD into a mind control weapon and also experimented with numerous other drugs and behavior control techniques.

Grateful Dead led by Jerry Garcia, started out as a local acid rock band in San Francisco, before they claimed a loyal following of Deadheads.

Richard Helms CIA director from 1967 to 1973, was a strong advocate of secret behavior control experiments; he described LSD as "dynamite."

William Mellon Hitchcock the multimillionaire patron of the LSD commune at Millbrook, New York, later bankrolled a huge blackmarket acid manufacturing operation.

Dr. Paul Hoch financed by the US Army and the CIA to study the effects of drugs on human behavior, administered intraspinal injections of LSD to psychiatric patients and performed electroshock and lobotomies on patients while they were under the influence of LSD and other hallucinogens.

Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, and the Yippies political pranksters par excellence, dropped acid, burned money on Wall Street, and demonstrated against the Democratic Convention in Chicago in August 1968.

Dr. Albert Hofmann chemist working at Sandoz Pharmaceuticals in Switzerland, was the first person to synthesize LSD in 1938 and five years later he accidentally discovered the hallucinogenic effects of the drug.

Michael Hollingshead the British prankster and cultural affairs attache, gave Timothy Leary and his Harvard colleagues their first taste of LSD.

J. Edgar Hoover longtime FBI chief and closet queer, who oversaw extensive undercover operations designed to disrupt, neutralize, and counter the influence of the New Left, Black power proponents, and the sixties youth culture.

Captain Al Hubbard the American superspy and uranium entrepreneur, became the first Johnny Appleseed of LSD, turning on thousands of people, including scientists, politicians, intelligence officials, diplomats, church figures, and housewives. "If you don't think it's amazing," said Hubbard, "just go ahead and try it."

Aldous Huxley the eminent British novelist who lived in Hollywood, wrote The Doors of Perception, the seminal psychedelic manifesto. "It was without question the most extraordinary and significant experience this side of the Beautific Vision."

Laura Huxley administered LSD to her husband, Aldous, as he lay dying in November 1963.

Dr. Harris Isbell ran extensive drug experiments for the CIA at the Lexington Narcotics Hospital in Kentucky, where addicts were supplied with heroin in exchange for their participation in secret CIA LSD tests.

Dr. Oscar Janiger a Los Angeles-based psychiatrist, used LSD as a tool to study the creative attributes of the mind and gave the drug to many well-known painters, musicians, actors, comedians, and writers. Janiger was also the first person in the US to synthesize DMT, a short-acting super-hallucinogen.

Jack Kerouac the beat novelist, sampled the magic mushroom extract and reported: "It was a definite Satori. Full of psychic clairvoyance (but you must remember that this is not half as good as the peaceful ecstasy of simple Samadhi trance as I described it in Dharma Bums)."

Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters were introduced to LSD courtesy of the US Army. They drove a day-glo bus across the United States and hosted the first electric kool-aid acid tests and rock/art extravaganzas in California during the mid-1960s.

Arthur Kleps chief Boohoo of the Neo-American Boohoo Church, added epistemological spice to the Millbrook scene with his surrealistic antics.

Timothy Leary the pied piper of the acid generation, implored everyone to "turn on, tune in, and drop out.

John Lennon and the Beatles gave the blossoming psychedelic counterculture a stunning musical benediction with their release in June 1967 of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

G. Gordon Liddy Dutchess County prosecutor who tried to bust Timothy Leary, went on to serve as one of President Nixon's Watergate burglars whose arsenal of dirty tricks included LSD and other hallucinogens to neutralize Tricky Dick's political enemies.

Charles Manson ex-convict and would-be rock musician, was a habitue of Haight-Ashbury before he formed a satanic LSD commune in Southern California, whose members engaged in depraved acts of violence and murder.

The Motherfuckers crazed LSD radicals, took up the cry of "acid armed consciousness" and prefigured the paramilitary fad that engulfed the New Left in the late 1960s.

Dr. Humphry Osmond a British research psychiatrist who coined the word "psychedelic," explored the therapeutic potential of LSD for curing alcoholism.

Owsley (Augustus Owsley Stanley III) the undisputed king of the illicit LSD trade in the mid-1960s, deluged Haight-Ashbury and points beyond with street acid. Subsidized the Grateful Dead's infamous Wall of Sound.

Maria Sabena a Mexican witch doctress, gave the divine mushroom to Harvard Psychologist Timothy Leary in 1960.

Ed Sanders and the Fugs turned-on peace activists and folk-rock band, provided musical edification for protesters at the Pentagon in October 1967.

Tim Scully young, idealistic genius, served time in prison after manufacturing orange sunshine and other forms of LSD.

Dr. Van Sim chief of the Clinical Research Division at Edgewood Arsenal (headquarters of the Army Chemical Corps), received the Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service because he tried all new drugs, including LSD, on himself, before administering them to American soldiers.

John Sinclair and the White Panthers, Ann Arbor-based activists who allied themselves with the Yippies and the Black panthers. "Acid was amping everything up, driving everything into greater and greater frenzy," Sinclair recounted.

Ronald Stark CIA informant and counterculture con man, produced 50 million doses of LSD before he was busted in Italy in the mid-1970s.

R. Gordon Wasson banker for J.P. Morgan, traveled to the Mexican highlands in the mid-1950s and participated in a magic mushroom ritual under the guidance of a local shaman. "For the first time," he wrote in Life magazine, "the word ecstasy took on real meaning. For the first time it did not mean someone else's state of mind."

Weather Underground tripped-out, left-wing revolutionaries, helped Timothy Leary escape from prison and bombed symbolic targets in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Dr. Louis Joylon West conducted tests for the CIA at the University of Oklahoma, was called upon to examine Jack Ruby while he was in prison for murdering Lee Harvey Oswald, the alleged assassin of President Kennedy. Concluding that Ruby suffered from delusions of a conspiracy in the JFK killing, West prescribed "happy pills" for Ruby during his incarceration.

George Hunter White a high-ranking US narcotics official who tested LSD on unwitting American citizens at the behest of the CIA. "It was fun, fun, fun," said White. "Where else could a red-blooded American lie, kill, cheat, and **** with the sanction of the all-highest?"
Key Locations in Acid Dreams
Basil, Switzerland Where Dr. Albert Hofmann, working at Sandoz Pharmaceuticals, first synthesized and discovered the hallucinogenic effects of LSD

Saskatchewan, Canada Where Dr. Humphry Osmond first successfully utilized LSD therapy to cure alcoholism

Vancouver, Canada The home base of Captain Alfred Hubbard, who set up an LSD clinic at Hollywood Hospital

Los Angeles, California Where LSD was first used as a social drug in the 1950s; a center of LSD research and therapeutic sessions

San Francisco Bay Area LSD tests on unwitting Americans at a CIA safehouse during the 1950s and early 1960s; Haight-Ashbury, the most famous psychedelic city-state took shape in the mid-1960s

Berkeley, California Home of the Free Speech Movement and focal point of student radicalism in the 1960s

Ann Arbor, Michigan Birthplace of the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) and the White Panther Party

Mexican highlands The place of pilgrimage for G. Gordon Wasson, who first wrote about the magic mushrooms for Life magazine

London Site of the first clinic specializing in LSD therapy in the earluy 1950s; a swinging psychedelic scene in the 1960s

Amsterdam Home of the Provos, the Dutch forerunners of the Yippies

Millbrook, New York Where Timothy Leary set up an LSD commune in the mid-1960s

Czechoslovakia The Communist government manufactured LSD during the 1950s and 1960s, some of which found its way to acidheads in the West

AlgiersTimothy Leary lived briefly in exile with leaders of the Black Panther party before he fled to Switzerland

La Honda, Palo Alto Home base of novelist Ken Kesey in the early 1960s when the Merry Pranksters emerged

Laguna Beach, Idylwild, California Stomping grounds of the Brotherhood of Eternal Love, major distributors of blackmarket acid in the late 1960s and early 1970s

Woodstock, New York The artists' community that provided the name for the legendary three-day music festival in August 1969

Bahamas Where William Mellon Hitchcock stashed some of the illegal proceeds of the underground LSD trade

Bologna, Italy Where the mysterious Ronald Stark was arrested and jailed for drug possession before he was fingered as a US intelligence operative by an Italian judge

Paris, France The site of a major illegal LSD laboratory run by Ronald Stark

Brussels, Belgium The site of one of Ronald Stark's pharmaceutical fronts

New York City, New York Army drug tests at the New York State Psychiatric Institute killed at least one human guinea pig; CIA-sponsored LSD research at Columbia University; drug subculture associated with the beat community and later the center of a thriving grassroots acid scene

Boston area Site of early CIA-sponsored LSD research; later the home base of Timothy Leary at Harvard

CIA sites
Washington, DC area CIA headquarters, where several hallucinogenic escapades and covert operations with LSD were plotted

Lexington, Kentucky CIA conducted extensive drug testing at the National Institutes of Mental Health Addiction Research Center
Read more about drug tests at Lexington, excerpted from the text. Montreal, Canada CIA contracted brainwashing and drug studies involving LSD and PCP at the Allain Memorial Hospital

Vacaville, California One of several prisons where the CIA tested drugs and behavior modification techniques

Manilla, Philippines Where the CIA stored LSD for covert warfare

Atsugi Air Base, Japan Where Lee Harvey Oswald's Marine unit was given LSD

West Germany Where the CIA conducted LSD interrogations during the Cold war

Army sites
New York City, New York Army drug tests at the New York State Psychiatric Institute killed at least one human guinea pig

Edgewood Arsenal, Maryland Headquarters of the US Army Chemical Corps, where thousands of soldiers were given LSD, the superhallucinogen BZ, and other mind-altering drugs
Read more about BZ at Edgewood, excerpted from the text of Acid Dreams.

Ft. Bragg, North Carolina US soldiers were given LSD and told to perform tank drills and other military manuevers in the late 1950s

Ft. Benning, Georgia US soldiers perfomed war games under the influence of LSD in the late 1950s

Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland Where BZ-type weapons were developed for domestic crowd control purposes

Pine Bluff, Arkansas Where large quantities of BZ were stored

Dugway Proving Ground, Utah Project Dork, a multiphase field test, was conducted with BZ in the early 1960s; a BZ accident later sent several soldiers to the hospital

Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas The site of additional Army LSD tests

Ft. McLellan, Alabama US Army instructors attempted to teach classes while under the inluence of LSD in the late 1950s

Ft. Dietrich, Maryland Headquarters of the US Army's Special Operations Division, which was devoted to biological warfare reasearch in the 1950s

Orleans, France Under the auspices of Operation "Third Chance," US officers used LSD to torture an African-American private who was falsely accused of stealing classified documents

Far East Army LSD interrogations performed under the auspice of Operation "Derby Hat"

Hawaiian Islands Open air BZ tests conducted by the Army in preparation for use in Vietnam combat situations

Vietnam BZ gas used to flush out enemy hideouts in South Vietnam during the war.
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 10:52:12 pm »

Human Radiation
Experiments
Reflection on the Ethics of Biomedical research   

...........   Italian
. It's  a great honour to be able to give this lecture in this important context, so I would like very much to thank my hosts. This lecture is perhaps somehow different from what is typically presented in this context. I'm neither a physicist nor a physician, and I'm not an expert in radiological science; what I would be speaking about is the story, and more importantly, the ethics of the enterprise of human research on which advances in the radiological science, and indeed in many sciences, have so often depended.   
As it has already been mentioned, I will be giving an account of an American Presidential Commission that I chaired; this Commission is called The Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments.   
I will describe the background, who we were, why we were created, what we were charged to do, and how we did it. I will tell you our critical findings and our principal recommendations, and if time permits, I will talk with you about the American President's response to our applications.   
First let me tell you about the story. In the autumn of 1993, in a very obscure local newspaper in New Mexico, a reporter whose name is Eileen Welsome published a series of investigations in which she claimed that there had been secret experiments conducted by the American Government in the 1940s in which unsuspecting hospital patients had been injected with plutonium.   
She identified who these victims, as she called them, were, she interviewed their families and included photographs in the report; she essentially put the human faces in this accusation. For this report she subsequently won the highest prize for journalism in the USA, the Pulitzer Prize.   
When the report came out, it captured the imagination of the national press. The stories appeared in the major newspapers of all the USA, and also in the TV news.   
The accusations extended not only to these plutonium experiments, but also to claims that there had been experiments involving retarded children, pregnant women, and prisoners.   
The response from President Clinton to decrease public outrage was to establish an independent National Commission, and this is the Commission I had the opportunity to chair.   
President Clinton appointed fourteen members, four of whom had expertise in radiological science.   
My other colleagues had expertise in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Law, Ethics and History. The President gave us four charges.   
The first was to investigate what had happened and, as Clinton described us, to tell the truth to the American public. Secondly it was assumed almost from the beginning that there would be some truth in these accusations, therefore we would uncover an unpleasant story. So we were asked to identify the appropriate moral standards for judging these events.   
The essential question here was whether to judge the past by the standard of the past or the standard of the present, or indeed whether ethical standards can be permitted to change over time.   
Our third task was essentially a public health task; we were asked to determine if there was any justification onmedical grounds for notifying former subjects of radiation experiments so as to protect their health.   
And finally President Clinton was concerned, and I believe rightly, that if we uncovered disturbing news, the American public would have feared that the same events worked on today, and that especially patients of hospitals would have feared that they were being the subjects of secret experiments and especially of secret radiation experiments.   
Therefore he asked us to investigate not only the past but the present, and make a statement to the public about the likelihood that unethical experiments could still be going on.   
But let me tell you a little bit about how we did it. We were essentially two Commissions in one; we were a Bioethics Commission and an Ethics Commission, but we were also what is called sometimes an 'open commission'.   
There had been very grave accusations against the Government and against the American scientific establishment, accusations of violations of human rights, and the concern was that no one would have trusted the results of a statement from the Government.   
So we were established as an independent Commission with authority from the President to require from Federal agencies that they made available any document that might bear on our research.   
We were to open the secret reports of Federal agencies to the American public. We had responsibility over six ministries: Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Health and Human Services, Veterans Affairs, Space Agency NASA, and also the CIA. In addition to our authority to demand from these agencies that we reviewed the reports, the agencies were also required to respond immediately to any request that we might have made for the declassification of secret documents.   
All together we collected over 4000 documents, and one thing that made me particularly proud was that we were responsible for the declassification of literally thousands of documents of the Cold War.   
In addition to this massive search for documents, we also conducted 20 open public meetings in which we collected testimonies from over 200 witnesses in all the USA who claimed to have knowledge about radiation experiments, including former subjects and their families.   
The time we were asked to investigate went from President Roosevelt to President Ford.   
We were also, as I've already mentioned, asked to investigate the current state of USA research involving human subjects.   
To conduct this investigation, we interviewed 900 cancer and heart patients - half of whom were involved in radiation therapy - about their involvement in this research.   
These were patients from five different regions of the USA, from 16 different hospitals, and we checked their understanding against the medical research reports.   
We also took a random example on 125 experiments currently being funded by the American Government; about half of these experiments involved the exposure of human beings to ionizing radiation.   
Here we reviewed all the documents that were available about these experiments.   
All together we had 18 months. Then we published the final report that I would have brought with me but it was too heavy (900 pages long).   
As you might imagine, we've had an enormous task; in order to make our project manageable, we adopted the strategy of identifying case studies: Several of these case studies pursued the accusations that had been made in the press; so one case study investigated plutonium experiments, one case study investigated radiation experiments in which the subjects were children, another radiation experiments in which the subjects were prisoners, and the other four involved radiation experiments in which the subjects were cancer patients exposed to total-body radiation.   
Some of our studies, however, didn't focus on classic human experiments. We were also requested by the President to investigate whether there had been accusations of secret intentional releases of radiation into the environment, or espionage experiments. We also investigated the experiences of what we call in the USA the Atomic Veterans; these were soldiers who in some respect participated in the atomic bomb testing, primarily in the 1950s. We also investigated the experience of the USA's involvement in testing in the Marshall Islands in the Pacific, and also the experience of miners in Uranian mines in the South West of the USA in the 1950s and 1960s. Now let me tell you something about our findings.   
First with respect to human radiation experiments in the past.   
We concluded that generally radiation research was not different in its effects from other areas of medical research involving human subjects, with a few important exceptions.   
The number of the experiments involving human subjects and exposure to ionic radiation numbered in ten thousands; most of these experiments were not connected with national security or natural concerns, and involved radioactive tracers administered in amounts that are similar to those that would be acceptable today, with one exception; the doses that were permitted with children were higher than we would allow now, and are associated with the increases in the potential lifetime risk of developing thyroid cancer.   
We can't conclude that no one was harmed by the experiments.   
Finally, on the importance that ethics should have had on these experiments, it was very traumatic for us to know that even in  the 1950s the Atomic Energy Commission, our Departure of Defence and our principal research institute, called The National Institute of Health, recognized that research should proceed only with the consent of the human subjects, nevertheless there was a very small evidence that consent had been obtained from patients when they were used as subjects.   
We were especially disturbed about research that was not therapeutic in any respect; by this I mean research that even at that time offered no prospect of medical benefit to the subject. In such research, even at that time it would have been unethical in terms of the rules of the American Medical Community to conduct such research without express consent.   
And yet, this kind of non-therapeutic research was not only conducted on patients without their acknowledge nor their consent, but in a few cases there was a deception to patients and their families about the purpose of the research.   
Now I should emphasize that we had substantial historical evidence that this kind of deception occurred not only in radiation research, but more generally in medical research at that time.   
We were also very concerned about the selections of subjects for this research, as far as we could discover that research in which the subjects were children was not connected with military objectives.   
Much of this research in fact was directed to objectives in nutrition. What disturbed us was not the purpose but the fact that the children that were the subjects were institutionalized, mentally retarded children and children abandoned by their parents.   
The rational for selecting these children was that they needed a group of children whose dignity could be controlled, so that the serial could have tracers. However, one of my colleagues said: “Why didn't they select children institutionalized in selected private schools?” As the research was so beneficial, the children in this research were offered incentives for the multiple blood sample that they experienced.   
And these incentives were very impressive; they were offered a chance for a trip to the beach which was something that they had never got a chance to do. They were told they would join in a science club, where they would get special presents.   
So although doses were very low, relatively speaking, the concern about ethics come from the selection of the powerless, and the misrepresentation to the children and their parents of what was going on.   
Let me quickly tell you about the intentional release of radiation in the environment. When we were commissioned, it was suspected that perhaps there had been six or seven of these releases from the State of Washington, in which there is a very important factory which produces material that supports weapon. In fact there were several hundreds of such releases, but they were not for the purpose of studying the effects of radiation on human beings.   
Rather, as I mentioned earlier, their purpose was to establish whether we could detect what the Soviets were producing; if we knew how much we were releasing we could, by spying plans, correctly detect the amount and correctly infer  production of the plants in the Soviet Union.   
We are currently engaged in carrying out a dose reconstruction research. It's extremely unlikely however that members of the public were harmed as a consequence of these releases; it must be remembered that these plants continued in their release to contaminate the environment.   
What was deeply disturbing, however, was the fact that these releases were not only being conducted  secretly, which might have been justifiable at that time, but that they were being kept secret for forty or fifty years, despite repeated attempts by the local community to establish what had happened. Indeed, we concluded that the secrecy with which some of these human radiation experiments and also these intentional releases were conducted was responsible for most of the serious negative consequences in this period of the American history.   
And these consequences were primarily the distrust and suspicion that they engendered among the American public.   
When we uncovered that in most cases this secrecy was not required for national security, but rather was maintained to prevent legal consequences and also to prevent bad press, it only added to a sense of scepticism and distrust, and this distrust is a great concern to all of us who believe in the importance of the advance in science.   
Let me say a few words about what we learned on the current state of research involving human subjects.   
First of all we found little difference about radiation research, compared  with other research involving human subjects, and we found evidence that much research is today conducted in accordance with the highest ethical standards but, as it is always the case, we also found evidence of a significant moral concern. The term we used was 'serious deficiencies', and it took our commission about twenty hours of deliberation to select the right term.   
Primarily, these concerns were of two types.   
First we found evidence of research involving incompetent adults in medical research, in which they wouldn't benefit medically, with no clear understanding as to whom, if anyone, should have been allowed to authorize such research.   
A typical example would be the research into Alzheimer's disease, in which the subjects were involved in imagine studies, but were not able themselves to understand what was happening, and being closed in an imagine machine was for some of these patients very terrifying, even though they run essentially no medical risks, and we didn't have the answer.   
We were concerned that we needed special rules and protections.   
The other area of concern involved patients that were very seriously ill, essentially patients who were at the end of their life, for whom there was not any known medical treatment, involved in very early studies of medical intervention, which very extremely unlikely to help them.   
But these patients were so desperate that we were concerned that they wouldn't understand that the research would have benefited patients that would have followed them, but not themselves personally.   
Let me very quickly summarize our recommendations.   
First, and this was really unprecedented, we recommended that Clinton officially apologized to the family members of some of these experiments, the ones who had supported the worst injustices from a moral standpoint; and indeed the President did make a public and personal apology.   
And we also recommended that the American Government provided a financial compensation to a few of these families.   
We also recommended that our laws be emended so as to restrict even further the authority of our Government to conduct secret human experiments.   
This is still permitted under the American Law; however the President has responded by adopting most of our recommendations about the secrecy.   
We also made several recommendations with respect to the policy of human subjects research, with a particular focus on research conducted in the military and private industries field.   
Research conducted in the universities is also in need of reform; however at least in universities and in National Research Institutes we have federal laws that are somehow to protect human subjects.   
These laws aren't applied to private industries in most cases.   
However, and I conclude with this, we were after all a historical commission; a commission looking at history  is especially obliged to learn from history.   
As I've mentioned to you, there were already regulations and directives in the 1940s and 1950s and 1960s at the Defence Department and the Atomic Energy Commission requiring consent, but these requirements were never followed.   
We have learned from this story that the Government can write the most elaborate regulations, but there are human limits that must be set by ethics; and a good ethics in a professional context most come from within the profession, and so our major recommendation had to do with changing education and the incentives for scientists and medical investigators, so as to make ethics central to their profession.   
We had some success from these recommendations, but we still have a long way to go.   
Thank you very much.   

Ruth R. Faden   

Philip Franklin Wagley Professor   
of Biomedical Ethics and Director 
The Bioethics Institute 
Johns Hopkins University 
Baltimore, Maryland 

Senior Research Scholar 
Kennedy Institute of Ethics 
Georgetown University 
Washington, D.C.
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 10:53:37 pm »

Human Experiments Testimony Administration's plan to "get the facts out"
Note: Following are excerpts from the testimony of Secretary Hazel O'Leary concerning human radiation experiments presented January 25, 1994, before the Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs, Sen. John Glenn, Chairman.)

I am particularly pleased to come before you to speak about recent reports of potentially unethical conduct involving experiments using radiation on human subjects during the Cold War. As you know, this subject has generated intense public and media attention over the past several weeks. During this time, I have spoken with many Americans around the country, some of whom were experimental subjects or the relatives of subjects. They have been deeply troubled, as I was, by these reports.

I have been asked frequently why these activities were allowed to take place. Some have expressed the view that they were motivated by concern about a need to counter Soviet threats of nuclear war and the atmosphere of secrecy that surrounded research in nuclear energy and ionizing radiation since the Manhattan Project. With the end of the Cold War and President Clinton's strong commitment to openness in government, these conditions have changed dramatically.

This change has brought about a unique opportunity for the Nation to debate important questions raised by some of the human radiation experiments questions about the role of secrecy in a democratic society, and the need for proper safeguards to ensure the rights of individuals to determine their own fates. We must take the necessary steps to ensure all Americans whether they are uneducated or poor or mentally retarded or incarcerated that they are not being used unwittingly in Federally sponsored research. The Clinton Administration is determined to disclose all records on experiments involving ionizing radiation on humans.

As unsettling as some of these experiments were, and as feared as radiation may be to many people, it is important to remember that many lives have been saved using radiation in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. During the same Cold War period that some scientists were conducting these controversial experiments, other scientists were inventing vaccines against polio, new and effective treatments for cancer, and new ways of visualizing the human body with CAT and cardiac scans. Science itself is not at issue here. What is at issue is the secrecy with which some scientists may have practiced their craft.

I also want to caution the American public against inordinate fear of current research practices. Institutional Review Boards enforce strict requirements for informed consent of any human subjects involved in scientific experiments. It is difficult to conceive of the ethical abuses about which we've been hearing occurring today in the United States. We are committed to a serious review of all experiments sponsored or carried out by Government agencies that involved intentional human exposure to ionizing radiation. We will use the results of this review to try and repair any wrongs that might have been done, and will, if necessary, take action to make today's standards even more stringent.

This Administration recognizes that public trust can only be achieved if American citizens believe that their government is open, truthful, and accountable. Since the earliest days of his campaign, President Clinton has been publicly committed to an open and responsive government. The openness initiative that I began at the Department of Energy last spring was a direct outgrowth of this commitment.

Declassification Process

I am taking action to assure that the records search being conducted by the Department of Energy and its contractors will be thorough and comprehensive as we endeavor to tell the full story. At the Department of Energy, we have developed an action plan to expedite the identification, retrieval, management, declassification, and dissemination of information regarding human radiation experiments. Department of Energy personnel have been directed to cease routine and nonroutine destruction of documents and to identify all pertinent records and information in the Department's possession and in the possession of our laboratories and contractors.

I have established a multidisciplinary committee under the authority of the Assistant Secretary for Environment, Safety and Health. The committee is issuing detailed guidance to the field. The committee includes specialists in health, environment, and legal issues among other disciplines. The Department, both at Headquarters and in the field, has already undertaken activities to begin to collect and review the pertinent documents. For example, over 130 cubic feet of files have been collected and are being reviewed at Headquarters. The committee is developing guidance and will facilitate the process by which all records are identified, retrieved, inventoried, declassified, stored, and disseminated. Teams of similar makeup and functions are being established in the field to assure that the process is expedited.

Allow me to stress that our goal is to get all the facts out. We will also do our best to provide information as we learn it. All pertinent information that is found regarding human experimentation will be declassified as necessary on an expedited basis and permanently preserved for public review in an appropriate public archive. At the same time, we are taking appropriate steps to protect the privacy of people who were the subjects of experiments as well as their families.

Current Experiments

We are funding approximately 120 experiments, and providing facilities for another 100 experiments involving human subjects. Not all of those experiments involve radiation, and the majority of those that do relate to nuclear medicine involve the use of low tracer doses. To illustrate, there are 24 studies at Los Alamos National Laboratory under the purview of their Institutional Review Board. In no case is there any exposure of living human subjects to radioactive or chemical agents. In addition, none of these projects is classified.

The Office of Energy Research is preparing a list of all Department of Energy experiments identified by institution, title, principal investigator, and funding source. We estimate that the total funding of these projects is approximately $50 million.

The complete details of all human subject experiments conducted by the Department, or at Departmental facilities (including funding, location, number of volunteers, procedures, and other agency contributors) will be available on a computer retrievable data base by March 15, 1994. The data base will serve as the Department of Energy clearinghouse for all current and future experiments involving human subjects.

As far as we have been able to ascertain, the Department is not conducting any experiments that violate medical or ethical standards, or the Nuremburg code. In another case, Brookhaven National Laboratory has 42 projects under the purview of its Institutional Review Board. These are nuclear medicine studies that use low dose tracers. Additionally, Department of Energy procedures call for all volunteers in Departmental projects to be fully informed on all the procedures used.

The Department of Energy has established a toll-free telephone Helpline. The purpose of the Helpline is to aid us in identifying those persons who may have been affected by the activities in question. The number of calls to the Helpline has been overwhelming. We have received more than 15,000 telephone calls since December 24, 1993. The majority of callers appear not to have been subjects of human radiation experiments. The calls do reflect the concerns of people in every state and of all different backgrounds. The Department is requesting that callers provide additional written information that can be used to identify and locate documents related to these experiments.

In addition, we have received over 1,000 letters in the last 2 weeks. Approximately one third of the letters are from individuals or their relatives who believe that they may have been subjects of human experimentation, and another third of the letters are from individuals who believe that they have been exposed to radiation while serving in the military or while living next to a Government facility. The remaining third of the letters express support, offer assistance, or request information.

If our review determines that American citizens were treated wrongfully by their government, we believe this Administration owes the American people a full accounting and, where justified, an attempt to right any wrong done to individuals. The Administration is planning to take the following actions in response to individuals affected by the human radiation experiments:

1. Information will be provided to subjects and their families as soon as it becomes available.

2. When required to protect the health of individuals who were subjects of human radiation experiments, or their descendants, the Government will notify these subjects, or their descendants, of any potential health risk or the need for medical follow-up.

3. The Legal Issues Subcommittee (of the Human Radiation Interagency Working Group, see article appended) is currently examining various models for appropriate Federal responses, including those incorporated into other Federal programs such as those used to respond to "downwinders," veterans exposed to radiation, and the Japanese Americans interned in the United States during World War II. The range of Federal responses under consideration include potential monetary compensation, medical followup, disclosure of detailed information, and formal apologies or other recognition.

4. We are also developing specific recommendations for legislative and other action that may be appropriate.

Only by "coming clean" on the details of these experiments and separating Cold War habits of secrecy from proper ethics in scientific and medical research will we eventually reduce the bitterness and suspicion which has surrounded the debate on the health effects of radiation. Finally, let me reiterate to you and the American people our commitment to opening up the Department of Energy. We have a tremendous amount of work to do in this area, but I believe we have made a good start.

Two White House Groups To Review Human Experiments

An Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments, created by Presidential Executive Order, will advise the Human Radiation Interagency Working Group on human radiation experiments conducted by the Government since the 1940's. The focus will be on ethical and scientific standards applicable to the experiments.

The membership will be made up of outside-Government experts in medicine, science, and ethics. Up to 15 members will be appointed by the President. The Committee will terminate 30 days after submitting its final report to the Human Radiation Interagency Working Group.

The Interagency Working Group, announced by the White House earlier, will coordinate the Governmentwide effort to uncover the nature and extent of any Government-sponsored experiments on individuals involving intentional exposure to ionizing radiation. Working Group members include the Secretaries of Energy, Defense, Health and Human Services, and Veterans Affairs; the Attorney General; the Administrator of NASA; and the Directors of Central Intelligence and the Office of Management and Budget.
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 10:54:33 pm »

Testimony to the NBAC Human Subjects Subcommittee
Allen L. Barker
Nov. 23, 1997

I am here to talk about electromagnetic antipersonnel weapons and mind control technology. While there are still denials that such weapons exist, anyone remotely familiar with the technology and its history could only conclude that the United States has such devices. Dr. Robert Becker wrote in his 1985 book The Body Electric that we would have to be very naive to assume the United States has no electromagnetic arsenal.

Microwave beams can be modulated with voice signals such that when the beam is directed toward a subject's head he ``hears'' the voice. This has been reported in the open scientific literature since at least 1975. There are U.S. patents for devices with microphones which will project a speaker's voice into a subject's head. In addition to voice projection, microwaves can impair performance, affect heart rhythms, and cause brain damage due to heating effects.

This is just the hardware. How this technology is used can be likened to the software. For example, when combined with familiar surveillance devices such as miniature pinhole cameras, microwave weapons and other so-called nonlethal weapons can be used to aversively condition and train people inside their own homes. They may not even be aware this is going on. Because the effects of these weapons mimic the symptoms of some mental illnesses -- and can cause brain damage in addition to the traumatic stress of torture -- the victims typically have nowhere to turn. They may be further abused by the mental health system.

The CIA admitted in Appendix E of the Interim Report of the Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments that it investigated the use and effect of microwaves on humans. It determined that this research was outside the purview of the Radiation Committee. I hope it will fall within the purview of this committee.

Beyond microwave technology I want to talk about implanted devices. Though their existence is often denied, implanted devices, even brain implants, have been around for years. There are U.S. patents for implantable tracking devices that allow people to be tracked from cellular phone towers. Implanted listening devices and even EEG analysis devices are well within the capability of black budget projects.

As reported in December of 1993 by The City Sun Newspaper of Brooklyn, Brian Wronge discovered after being released from a correctional facility that he had various devices implanted in his body. These devices showed up on CT and MRI scans. Even so, he had difficulty getting a lawyer to represent him. Surgeons, citing fears of reprisal, would not remove the devices from his body. The group Physicians for Human Rights refused to assist him or help him find a surgeon. Major newspapers did not cover the story.

This last fact should not be a surprise. According to the Columbia Journalism Review, the data on human radiation experiments that was reported as new in 1993 had actually been known for almost a decade. A congressional committee had issued a report detailing those abuses in 1986. The report was widely ignored and misreported. The indifference shown toward the still surviving victims of these experiments is shocking.

I have personally experienced harassment and torture inflicted by people using mind control, or influencing, technology. It began when I was doing research work associated with the intelligence community. In the bizarre logic of this sort of harassment, those who claim to have experienced it firsthand are often accorded less credibility than those who have not. I do not let this stop me from trying to describe how truly horrifying it is to have your very mind repeatedly violated, inside your own home where there is no escape. Just describing the hardware capabilities does not begin to touch on the ``software'' techniques of psychological warfare that are applied using the technology.

I hope this committee can begin to address some of these human rights abuses. But people who could commit such crimes will think nothing of lying or worse to cover up their involvement. What would be worse than involuntary human experiments like these would be if the techniques become standard practice: to be applied regularly and in secret.
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 10:56:36 pm »

HUMAN EXPERIMENTS - people killed in radiation experiments in University of Cincinnati medical Centre 1961 - 1971
Of the 77 victims of the tests, 25 died within a month or two of being irradiated, 19 within 38 days. Of those receiving the high doses of 150, 200, and 250 rads, 42% died within 60 days, mostly within about half that time. Dose (rads)   Name   Days until death post radiation
100   James Tidwell   32
100   Beatrice Plair   197
150   Maud Jacobs   25
200   Louis Romine   28
150   Unidentified   32
150   Carolyn Brown   30
150   Willie Thomas   59
200   Grey ("Mike") Spanagel   31
200   L.H.   61
100   Irene Shuff   24
100   M.J.   20
150   Margaret Bacon   6
100   G.S.   20

( Source:Martha Stephens An annotated record of certain short survivors of the U.C. radiation experiments, Attachment 3 Advisory Committee on human Radiation Experiments records

Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 10:57:36 pm »

007  James Tidwell 100r. (32 days)

Tidewell did not seem to be extremely ill when he entered

the hospital October 6 (1960).  Was having seizures from what

seemed to be brain cancer, but they were "well controlled with

dilantin and phenobarbital."  Ye on October 28 he received

100r TBR.  Then -- his Patient History in the DOD reports

described a "progressively

deteriorating course of lethargy and paralysis."

X-ray therapy to his head (for his brain cancer) began on

November 7 (only 10 days after tbr) and continued up to his

death on November 29.  Progression of "neurologic disease with

quadriplegia" leading to death.

But his autopsy shows "lobular pneumonia."

And if we look at the full medical records, we find

crucial information on his blood scores:

Before radiation his WBC was 8100, his platelets 435,000.

Four days before his death these scores read:

WBC 1120

Platelets 45,000

No doubt continuing to drop in the remaining days before

his death.

The 100r TBR plus the seemingly numerous tumor radiations

to his head may be seen to have destroyed his marrow.

Talking to his son Clifford is a little difficult; he is

having trouble understanding radiation doses and so on, and

the difference between tumor radiation and TBR.  But I think

he can be of some help about his father's condition before

radiation.

The cases above are among the most critical cases at this time

simply because we have in them not only completely documented bone

marrow failure, but also cases where we have surviving families.

They do not all have the same lawyers.

##Here are four other cases very much like those above

(Maud Jacobs and Mike Spanagel and so on), that is, well

documented bone marrow destruction, but where either we don't

know who the victims are or know little about their families.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: