Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 04:15:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Led Zeppelin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin  (Read 2193 times)
Christiana Hanaman
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 02:50:39 am »

Reunion tour reports (2008)

Following the reunion concert and the press coverage it generated, speculation on the future of the band and the possibility of a tour with Jason Bonham on drums increased to a level not seen in several years. In an interview promoting the release of the Mothership compilation in Tokyo early in 2008, Jimmy Page revealed that he was prepared to embark upon a world tour with Led Zeppelin, but due to Robert Plant's tour commitments with Alison Krauss, such plans will not be announced until at least September.[97] Showing enthusiasm for continued performing, in late spring Page and Jones joined Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl and drummer Taylor Hawkins onstage at Wembley Stadium to perform Led Zeppelin tracks "Rock and Roll" (Hawkins on vocals and Grohl on drums), followed by "Ramble On" (Grohl on vocals and Hawkins on drums).[98]

Plant however continued to remain focused on his recent work and tour with Krauss. Their duet album Raising Sand  became certified platinum in March,[99] and their recordings received awards including a Grammy for the song "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)"[100] and Album of the Year from the Americana Music Association.[101] Along with concentrating on the duo's American tour, Plant remained evasive on the subject of a Led Zeppelin reunion tour, and expressed displeasure at the process leading up to the 2007 reunion show during an interview with GQ Magazine, saying "The endless paperwork was like nothing I've experienced before. I've kept every one of the emails that were exchanged before the concert and I'm thinking of compiling them for a book, which I feel sure would be hailed as a sort of literary version of Spinal Tap."[102]
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: