Atlantis Online
December 01, 2020, 06:02:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

INXS

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INXS  (Read 1515 times)
Chessica Silva

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 12:31:16 am »

Chris was one of the most talented, most eccentric and demanding people you'd ever want to meet. ...from the moment you walked into the control room, there was no doubt you were in the presence of greatness. INXS met their match with Chris Thomas. He was the only producer they've ever had who told them what they needed to hear.
    —Richard Clapton[12]

This is what we've been trying to do one way or another for a few years now, that is to make an album that is purely just form and function of the songs. It has no artistic pretentions.
    —Michael Hutchence[12]

As the band were finishing the recording sessions, Thomas told the band that the album wasn't good enough and it still didn't have a killer track.

We'd already finished the Listen Like Thieves album but Chris Thomas told us there was still no 'hit'. We left the studio that night knowing we had one day left and we had to deliver "a hit". Talk about pressure.
    —Andrew Farriss

Andrew produced a demo tape of a funk song he had been working on "Funk Song No. 13" and evolved it into "What You Need".

Then Andrew brought in three demos – two songs that had been completed and he played me a thing that was just this riff – dink, dink, dink-a-dink-and it was great. I thought, 'I could listen to that groove for ten minutes!' I said, 'Let's work with that groove.' So we went with that and in just two days it turned into the song that eventually broke them, "What You Need".
    —Chris Thomas

We wrote it on Saturday, rehearsed it on Sunday and recorded it on Monday.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: