Atlantis Online
November 24, 2020, 08:56:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

INXS

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INXS  (Read 1515 times)
Chessica Silva

« on: June 10, 2009, 12:20:23 am »

The parents of the Farriss boys relocated to Perth in 1978, taking Jon to continue his schooling and, as soon as Hutchence and Andrew finished school, the rest of the band followed.[2][16] They briefly performed as The Vegetables, singing "We Are the Vegetables", before returning to Sydney ten months later,[16] where they recorded a set of demos.[12] At a chance meeting in the car park of the Narabeen Antler, a pub in North Narrabeen. Tim was approached by Gary Morris, the manager of Midnight Oil.[12]

I remember him coming up to me and saying 'Who are you working for, mate?' and I kind of went, 'Oh, we have this band and we're called The Farriss Brothers'. He offered to give us some work supporting Midnight Oil on the spot.
    —Tim Farriss[12]

The band began to regularly support Midnight Oil and other local bands. Morris advised that a member of the Oils crew had come up with a new name and suggested they change it to INXS.[12] The name INXS was inspired by English band XTC and Australian jam makers IXL.[2][16]

"I saw a commercial for a brand of jam called IXL. Their ad featured a guy who said, 'I excel in all I do.' I'd recently seen the English band XTC when they toured Australia, and I loved their name: XTC - Ecstasy. In that moment, I put all those thoughts together. The name needed to be letters, but make a word. I put the IXL jam commercial together with XTC and the concept of a band that was inaccessible and I had it: INXS
    —Gary Morris[13]
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: